• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco

LuKaZaN said:
Marco, your reasoning is absolutely ridiculous.

Tomas Rosicky and Gallas are new here and top top quality players. Infact it's arguable with Gallas that he's the best defender in the world when he is fully fit.

Freddie spends more than half the time injured and when he returns to action he's pretty dire. And where has this 'big game player' tosh come from? Because he had a good game against Barcelona?

We miss Pires because of his clinical finishing, which was to be frank quite remarkable for a midfielder. If we sold Freddie, what exactly would we miss? His goals? No, he doesn't score them anymore. After that I'm really struggling to think to be honest, unless you enjoy watching him perform the slowest steo-overs in history.. oh and don't you dare say anything about 'hard work' because Hleb and Rosicky do just as much if not more.

a certain north london derby and away trip to manchester do spring to mind..-
his body has taken a battering though i accept that.. but would be gutted if he was sold.

and i know you all think im mad but compare freds first eighteen months with us to that of hleb and its like comparing vieira to song!

the dawn raids

Established Member
marco said:
and i know you all think im mad but compare freds first eighteen months with us to that of hleb and its like comparing vieira to song!

even if you want to compare, how does that make his poor performances through the last 2 years any better?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
mate, it was a different team then... Freddie really only performed when players like Pires and Bergy were in the team... he doesnt make the runs anymore because its not the way we play... he's slow, doesnt have good control, no firt touch to speak of and isnt scoring at all...honestly, other than whine on the ground when he gets fouled, I havent seen anything from Freddie which would indicate he still belongs on the team.. if he wants to stay in the Prem and in London, let him go to Fulham or Charlton or West Ham...

vantoure

I dont think now will be the best time to sell him.

Though he might be past his best, he can still be reasonable cover for Hleb (Before you mention Walcott, I feel there are some matches that Ljunberg's experience will count more that theo's ability)

Maybe he can be sold at the end of the seaon but not now. I think

P.S I thot he performed well at the world cup

jester

Established Member
Unfortunately he's only had 2 decent games this season, the home match v zagreb (when he was captain) and the match v Sp**s. It'll be a VERY sad day when he leaves, very sad.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
agreed.. he was a fan favoe for a long time... but those days are over, and he is currently a liability on and off the pitch

jester

Established Member
IMO bergy stayed too long, as did pires, and as has freddie. Its really sad when it happens, since those 3 were my 3 favourites, but its inevitable

Tony Montana

Established Member
jester said:
IMO bergy stayed too long, as did pires, and as has freddie. Its really sad when it happens, since those 3 were my 3 favourites, but its inevitable

Good point. Bergy should have left at the end of the unbeaten run. Pires didn't stay for too long imo, he just became crap in his last season here. We didn't expect it like that. Ljungberg was given the benefit of the doubt to come back but he's been poor for a long time.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and the fact that he was much much younger than Pires or Bergy, yet his decline is every bit as dramatic is scary

Viper

Established Member
The time is right for Freddie to be sold. Why:
- Injury prone
- Has lost his goalscoring touch
- Doesn't offer much in attack anymore
- Lost his pace

Alfonso

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
jester said:

Good point. Bergy should have left at the end of the unbeaten run.

Do you not remember his performance against Manchester Utd at Highbury, esp the first half, in 2004/2005 season? One of the best peformances ive ever seen for Arsenal.

Do you not remember Arsenal 7-0 Everton in 2004/2005? Bergkamp was outstanding that day. And in hindsight he that should have been his last game, as it was vintage Bergkamp.

At least he scored a Bergkamp esk goal on 'Bergkamp day' against WBA last April at Highbury.

I always had the image of him coming of the bench against Barca in the CL final to score the winner! Now that would have been a fitting way to end your career! Unforutnately, this never materialised.

But i agree with you about Pires. In the summer of 2005, he still had a lot to offer(in 2004/2005 he scored 17 goals), so in hindsight, it is no suprise he played last season.

I think Toure is going to be the only remaining member of the invincible squad by August 2007. :shock:

That means we have changed a whole first 11 in the space of 3 years. That is some restructuring job Wenger has done.

jester

Established Member
USArsenal said:
if someone would honestly offer us 7 million for him, "i like you, but c-ya Freddie"

Only if the money is spent on a replacement, which knowing wenger, it very well may not be

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
jester said:

Good point. Bergy should have left at the end of the unbeaten run.

Do you not remember his performance against Manchester Utd at Highbury, esp the first half, in 2004/2005 season? One of the best peformances ive ever seen for Arsenal.

Do you not remember Arsenal 7-0 Everton in 2004/2005? Bergkamp was outstanding that day. And in hindsight he that should have been his last game, as it was vintage Bergkamp.

At least he scored a Bergkamp esk goal on 'Bergkamp day' against WBA last April at Highbury.

I always had the image of him coming of the bench against Barca in the CL final to score the winner! Now that would have been a fitting way to end your career! Unforutnately, this never materialised.

But i agree with you about Pires. In the summer of 2005, he still had a lot to offer(in 2004/2005 he scored 17 goals), so in hindsight, it is no suprise he played last season.

I think Toure is going to be the only remaining member of the invincible squad by August 2007. :shock:

That means we have changed a whole first 11 in the space of 3 years. That is some restructuring job Wenger has done.
ok, so you think Henry will be leaving too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom