• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
jester said:
IMO bergy stayed too long, as did pires, and as has freddie. Its really sad when it happens, since those 3 were my 3 favourites, but its inevitable

Good point. Bergy should have left at the end of the unbeaten run.

Do you not remember his performance against Manchester Utd at Highbury, esp the first half, in 2004/2005 season? One of the best peformances ive ever seen for Arsenal.

Do you not remember Arsenal 7-0 Everton in 2004/2005? Bergkamp was outstanding that day. And in hindsight he that should have been his last game, as it was vintage Bergkamp.

At least he scored a Bergkamp esk goal on 'Bergkamp day' against WBA last April at Highbury.

I always had the image of him coming of the bench against Barca in the CL final to score the winner! Now that would have been a fitting way to end your career! Unforutnately, this never materialised.

But i agree with you about Pires. In the summer of 2005, he still had a lot to offer(in 2004/2005 he scored 17 goals), so in hindsight, it is no suprise he played last season.

I think Toure is going to be the only remaining member of the invincible squad by August 2007. :shock:

That means we have changed a whole first 11 in the space of 3 years. That is some restructuring job Wenger has done.
ok, so you think Henry will be leaving too?

Ok, i forgot Henry. But in by the summer, Freddie, Lauren and Lehmann will be gone imo. Therefore, the only two members of the first 11 of 2004 that will still be here in august 2007 will be Henry and Toure.

so 9 out of 11 from that great team have left in the space of 3 years, plus loads of squad players(wiltord, edu, parlour, keown, kanu, cygan, etc). Still quite shocking how much change we actually have done.

Oh yea, Clichy was in the 2003/2004 squad, but not in the first team.

I dont think any team has done this much change in a short period of time to such a successful side. For example, Man Utd still have Ole, Giggs, etc from their 99 team. And Milan still have Maldini and Costacurta from their 89 team! :lol:

lagos

Established Member
USArsenal said:
is it me or if Magnusson one of the ugliest people with the weirdest shape head i have ever seen?

I was just going to say that's a very unusual head
bw_magnusson.jpg

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Alfonso said:
USArsenal said:
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
jester said:
IMO bergy stayed too long, as did pires, and as has freddie. Its really sad when it happens, since those 3 were my 3 favourites, but its inevitable

Good point. Bergy should have left at the end of the unbeaten run.

Do you not remember his performance against Manchester Utd at Highbury, esp the first half, in 2004/2005 season? One of the best peformances ive ever seen for Arsenal.

Do you not remember Arsenal 7-0 Everton in 2004/2005? Bergkamp was outstanding that day. And in hindsight he that should have been his last game, as it was vintage Bergkamp.

At least he scored a Bergkamp esk goal on 'Bergkamp day' against WBA last April at Highbury.

I always had the image of him coming of the bench against Barca in the CL final to score the winner! Now that would have been a fitting way to end your career! Unforutnately, this never materialised.

But i agree with you about Pires. In the summer of 2005, he still had a lot to offer(in 2004/2005 he scored 17 goals), so in hindsight, it is no suprise he played last season.

I think Toure is going to be the only remaining member of the invincible squad by August 2007. :shock:

That means we have changed a whole first 11 in the space of 3 years. That is some restructuring job Wenger has done.
ok, so you think Henry will be leaving too?

Ok, i forgot Henry. But in by the summer, Freddie, Lauren and Lehmann will be gone imo. Therefore, the only two members of the first 11 of 2004 that will still be here in august 2007 will be Henry and Toure.

so 9 out of 11 from that great team have left in the space of 3 years, plus loads of squad players(wiltord, edu, parlour, keown, kanu, cygan, etc). Still quite shocking how much change we actually have done.

Oh yea, Clichy was in the 2003/2004 squad, but not in the first team.

I dont think any team has done this much change in a short period of time to such a successful side. For example, Man Utd still have Ole, Giggs, etc from their 99 team. And Milan still have Maldini and Costacurta from their 89 team! :lol:
i dont think Lauren will be gone over the summer.. (unless he really shows to be poor once he actually starts getting some games again)... Lehmann, well, who knows... but overall, the vast majority is gone...

Grampus_Eight

What businesses does Freddie have in London?

Real estate holdings, industrials, meat-ball manufacturers?

Freddy should go to Valencia, Sevilla, Real Madrid or hop over to Inter or Milan. He can have a few good years at any of these teams and maybe even link up with Vieira or have Kaka feeding him inch perfect passes.

Grampus_Eight

Anyone surprised that the club hasn't issued an official statement?

Or in the light of the Jose Antonio Reyes fiasco have they decided against issuing denials.

Anyway, the silence is deafening...

qs

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
Anyone surprised that the club hasn't issued an official statement?

Or in the light of the Jose Antonio Reyes fiasco have they decided against issuing denials.

Anyway, the silence is deafening...

hardly, you cant expect a statement for every rumour

Canuck

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
What businesses does Freddie have in London?

Real estate holdings, industrials, meat-ball manufacturers?

Freddy should go to Valencia, Sevilla, Real Madrid or hop over to Inter or Milan. He can have a few good years at any of these teams and maybe even link up with Vieira or have Kaka feeding him inch perfect passes.
:lol:
Indeed

IBL

Established Member
£7 million for Freddy?!? take the money and run, thats a great price if true. Doubt he will go to West Ham, can see him going abroad if he does move on.

Lukazan

Established Member
marco said:
LuKaZaN said:
Marco, your reasoning is absolutely ridiculous.

Tomas Rosicky and Gallas are new here and top top quality players. Infact it's arguable with Gallas that he's the best defender in the world when he is fully fit.

Freddie spends more than half the time injured and when he returns to action he's pretty dire. And where has this 'big game player' tosh come from? Because he had a good game against Barcelona?

We miss Pires because of his clinical finishing, which was to be frank quite remarkable for a midfielder. If we sold Freddie, what exactly would we miss? His goals? No, he doesn't score them anymore. After that I'm really struggling to think to be honest, unless you enjoy watching him perform the slowest steo-overs in history.. oh and don't you dare say anything about 'hard work' because Hleb and Rosicky do just as much if not more.

a certain north london derby and away trip to manchester do spring to mind..-
his body has taken a battering though i accept that.. but would be gutted if he was sold.

and i know you all think im mad but compare freds first eighteen months with us to that of hleb and its like comparing vieira to song!

WTF has that got to do with anything? :lol:

If you ain't using hardwork to justify Freddie's place in the team you're talking about incidents that happened so long ago Freddie had hair ffs.

Surely we should be comparing the two now? And if you do, it's quite clearly obvious Hleb offers us everything Freddie does and more. So much more.

Oh and lasty, Freddie was nothing special against Sp**s. He merely had a decent game, and I think the fact you have brought it up to back up your point clearly tells us what state Freddie is in these days.

Canuck

Established Member
While I'm not keen on dumping any more experienced players at the moment, I'd have to agree that 7+ for Fred is too good to ignore.
When all's said and done, his contributions have been minimal for the last couple seasons and he would probably be better for the move.

asajoseph

Established Member
There's another story about this in today's Mirror (have only read it online, but can't find the link now - can someone oblige by posting it?).

The source is 'a friend of Ljungberg' or some other such standard claptrap, and apparently Freddie has been advised to take any offer he recieves, as he will not play for Arsenal again. He has even been told that Arsenal must sell in order to buy, and he is one of the players on the way out.

If I wasn't so skeptical about the integrity of the story, I'd be able to read quite a lot into that...

Shadow Moses

Established Member
asajoseph said:
There's another story about this in today's Mirror (have only read it online, but can't find the link now - can someone oblige by posting it?).

The source is 'a friend of Ljungberg' or some other such standard claptrap, and apparently Freddie has been advised to take any offer he recieves, as he will not play for Arsenal again. He has even been told that Arsenal must sell in order to buy, and he is one of the players on the way out.

If I wasn't so skeptical about the integrity of the story, I'd be able to read quite a lot into that...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

Now Ljungberg is ready to demand that Arsenal pay the remaining 18 months of his £65,000-per-week contract if they want him out that badly.

He was told in no uncertain terms he should take any offer that is on the table, otherwise he will not play again."

and

Ljungberg has told Gunners boss Arsène Wenger he is going nowhere. (Daily Star)

this is like a copy of the earlier exchange with Lagosgooner. Stay for money and ruin your career by not playing anymore or leave. He has a decision to make alright.

:lol:

asajoseph

Established Member
If true, it's a pretty despicable way to treat Freddie - he might be past his best form these days, but he's been a loyal servant and a very important player for us in the past.

But I suspect it's more than likely either exaggerated, misinterpreted, or flat-out bollocks.

Allyboy

Established Member
Well to be fair "Arsenal and Ljungberg agree amicable departure" is not much of a story, whereas "Arsenal try to drive Freddie out the club" is much more exciting.

My money is on the truth being the former of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom