• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutsy

Established Member
sabret00the said:
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1827050,00.html

Another source of Freddie demanding money to leave.

Bit of of Bullcrap imo, £4.5million? after that 70k per week just lying on treatment table? COME ON. let's just be grateful that he's not doing the same thing Cole did. but still it's all about Money? come on Freddie. that's just the greed talking. sigh..

lagos

Established Member
sabret00the said:

they quote the mirror as well so it's really the same source

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'm slightly surprised there has been no arsenal.com story denying all this speculation yet which is either getting out of hand or is painfully close to the truth.

sabret00the

Established Member
little conversation with me and my mum just now, she phoned me after reading the morning papers;

mum: we can't get rid of freddie
me: why not?
mum: he's one of our best looking players
me: looks aren't everything...well i guess they are for freddie since he's on his back most of the time ;)

Thommybhoy

Established Member
sabret00the said:

I am sure it is not all about money. Quite opposite. If he really said that, which I doubt, he said it just to buy himself stay at Arsenal. I that was me I would do practicaly anything to stay if the club I love with all my heart is trying to sell after all the good times.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i'm slightly surprised there has been no arsenal.com story denying all this speculation yet which is either getting out of hand or is painfully close to the truth.

If I am not mistaken Arsenal never comment on newspaper speculation. They never used to anyways.

Gurgen

Established Member
KingReyes said:
patrick42uk said:

If I am not mistaken Arsenal never comment on newspaper speculation. They never used to anyways.

They do sometimes. I can remember denial of the Reyes rumours and denial of the Zigic rumours.

Don't know what to make of this to be honest. Personally I can't believe we would treat Freddie like that, but you never know. Our board even left Dennis in the dark for months over a new contract. Repeatedly.

KingReyes

Established Member
Gurgen said:
KingReyes said:
patrick42uk said:

They do sometimes. I can remember denial of the Reyes rumours and denial of the Zigic rumours.

Don't know what to make of this to be honest. Personally I can't believe we would treat Freddie like that, but you never know. Our board even left Dennis in the dark for months over a new contract. Repeatedly.

Don't know what to make of it either. One thing you always hear about players from the past is how well they treat you at club whilst you are there. If Arsenal have decided to let Freddie leave I sure hope they have done it the right way.

As for new contracts, well we do have a rep of leaving players in the dark and leaving it till the last minute.

Sammer

Established Member
Even though he has been absolutely sh*te for the past 18 months on the pitch, you can see that he still wants to perform well and gives everything he´s got - even though it ain´t enough any more for our 1st team.

It makes sense for the board to get his comparably huge wage bill off our balance sheet, but he should get treated in a respectful and honorable manner.

He has done so much for the club that this is the minimum they should do.

Wouldn´t mind Freddie being sold though at the end of the season...

Shredder

Apparently, Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has questioned Wenger himself after last night's game under a headline saying "He isn't protecting Freddie":

Hur blir det med Fredrik Ljungberg?
– Åh, det är egentligen inte rätt tid att diskutera det nu.
Men kan du kommentera det som stått i tidningarna?
– Freddies framtid är under diskussion. Han tillhör fortfarande Arsenal, säger Arsène Wenger.
Hur länge?
– Vi kommer inom kort att berätta hur vi ser på situationen.

Most of you know Swedish, of course, but for those of you who don't here's a loose translation:

What are you going to do with Ljungberg?
- Meh, this isn't the time to discuss that.
But can you comment on what's in the papers?
- Freddie's future is up for discussion. He's still Arsenal property, says Wenger.
But for how much longer?
- We'll be sharing our views on the situation shortly.

:?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,971576,00.html

asajoseph

Established Member
Very interesting.

He obviously really is on the way out... Am a little surprised, but his performances really do not warrant a place any more...

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I just hope the whole situation will be handled with respect, don't want another airing the dirty laundry in public scenario that we had with Cole. Though it's a completely different situation

Rohit

Established Member
Lauren in talks with West Ham,Ljungberg looking certain to leave and Lehmann probably will leave in the summer.Leaves us only with Henry,Gilberto and Kolo from the unbeaten team.

M+D

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Very interesting.

He obviously really is on the way out... Am a little surprised, but his performances really do not warrant a place any more...

I'd hate him to leave, as he's a legend, but for £7m (the fee that is being talked about) even I would see the sense in it. And, like you say, his performances have been dire for the last year or so, save for the occasional European performance.

Jameel46

Established Member
Inter Milan linked with Freddie
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ter's+gaze

it looks like he won't be going to West Ham after all :D

but at the same time it looks like he's not willing to leave

Freddie Ljungberg, who has been linked to Tottenham, will demand a £4.5m pay-off for the remaining 18 months of his contract - if Arsenal sell him to help fund a £15m bid for France and Marseille winger Franck Ribery. (Daily Mirror)

Ljungberg has told Gunners boss Arsène Wenger he is going nowhere. (Daily Star)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom