• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCFan4Ever

I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk Freddie is staying..

If Wenger were to get a decent offer for him, he'd be a fool not to sell him now.

70k for a player clearly beyond it and is often injured???

Ummmm yeah that makes about zero sense.

Grampus_Eight

AFCFan4Ever said:

If Wenger were to get a decent offer for him, he'd be a fool not to sell him now.

Sounds like we couldn't get Ribery right now; Freddie didn't want to go to West Ham and Inter aren't interested until the summer.

We still need another wide midfielder as there isn't much chance Freddie stays fit for the second half of the season either. And if Hleb or Rosicky picked up an injury, we'd be in a spot.

asajoseph

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
AFCFan4Ever said:

Sounds like we couldn't get Ribery right now; Freddie didn't want to go to West Ham and Inter aren't interested until the summer.

We still need another wide midfielder as there isn't much chance Freddie stays fit for the second half of the season either. And if Hleb or Rosicky picked up an injury, we'd be in a spot.

It really isn't a slam-dunk that Ribery will EVER play for Arsenal either. There are a going to be a lot of teams throwing around a LOT of money come next summer, especially in the Premiership. I don't even think we're the most likely team in our league to sign him, let alone the most likely in world football.

I believe Ljungberg will remain at Arsenal until the end of the season, and then leave - but I wouldn't guess where to. Perhaps one of the bigger clubs in Italy might be interested.... Who he will be replaced with (if at all) is anybody's guess, but I'm almost convinced it will NOT be Ribery.

Sammer

Established Member
Next thing we know, people will be claiming a starting place for Freddie ahead of Hleb because "he scored such a fantastic goal against Bolton".

The finish was nice. But the real credit for that goal in my view goes to Aliadiere.

In any case, it is good to see that Freddie has done something right in the last 24months being on a 70.000/week contract.

patrick42uk

Established Member
why the insecurity? theres no need for it really. why cant we celebrate ljungberg and hleb? its a squad game and really we should be celebrating the strength of our squad. from the run and pass by aliadiere to the finish from freddie. both are things the 'first team' lack sometimes.

Gurgen

Established Member
Very pleased for him and for us. We need goalscorers from midfield and if Freddie can rediscover that old touch we will be much stronger.

I can't help it, I'm still a fan of the guy.

drthorne1

Ha, Well the same goes for me...

its great to here the Freddie Ljungberg song.

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO ......

WEEEEEEEE LOVE U FREDDIIEEEE .......

siddharth

Freddie offered us nothing and was very poor overall tbh but the finish made the difference. It was an identical goal to the one he scored some time back but can't remember it. Think it was against bolton as well. The deft touch to take the ball slightly away from the defender and a well angled clinical finish. Though i'm fairly confident that freddie will be sold this summer and rightly so.

Our lack of clinical finishing is a major concern.And if wenger is thinking about selling henry then he needs to get a clinical striker in first. I'm 100% convinced that had it not been for that deflected goal , we would have been crying now and wondering how the hell did we manage to lose it inspite of playing well.

drthorne1

Its just one of those things, you get games like this and somtimes it ends up 5-0 and other times like last night you have to fight for the result..

jay-d

Established Member
marco said:
He is s**t and past it isnt he..
never scores important goals or rises to the occasion!

To be fair he was ****e till his goal but who cares, it was decisive.

WE LOVE YOU FREDDY.

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
why the insecurity? theres no need for it really. why cant we celebrate ljungberg and hleb? its a squad game and really we should be celebrating the strength of our squad. from the run and pass by aliadiere to the finish from freddie. both are things the 'first team' lack sometimes.

Sure. Credit to him for last nights goal. But everything apart from the goal was the same arsefalling-routine and getting owerpowered - just like in the last two years.

It´s great that he scored. And if its not a one-off, I´d be more than happy. But I just cannot buy that he is back now, after one goal. If he repeats that in the next 1-3 games, fine.

However, my personal view is, that he is past it and that his wages need to be lowered dramatically or that he goes and finds another club.

AFCG7

Established Member
He scored a great goal.. reminds of of the old Freddie runs that he used to make..supplied with the passes from Bergkamp. Other than that he didnt do anything special but thats Freddie for you. He needs the service and he will get us goals.. but he has lost important bits of his game with age..most notably pace.

Viper

Established Member
I completely agree with you Sammer.

His goal (although it helped us) doesn't hide his poor overall performance.

awooga83

Established Member
Brilliant goal last night but it was long overdue, if he can rediscover a bit of his goal scoring form then he can certainly play a part for us. I wonder if his possibility of leaving us has either made him wake up and play more or perhaps playing to find a new club for the summer.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AFCG7 said:
He scored a great goal.. reminds of of the old Freddie runs that he used to make..supplied with the passes from Bergkamp. Other than that he didnt do anything special but thats Freddie for you. He needs the service and he will get us goals.. but he has lost important bits of his game with age..most notably pace.
He has lost some important parts of his game but I don't believe he has lost his pace, and even if he did it isn't a lot. As soon as he came on we had a quick counter attck from a Bolton corner and Freddie was blowing down the middle of the park like a steam train looking for the ball from Ade I think. But true say after that, besides the goal, he ardly did anything except try a couple of stepovers that never seem to work. Meh

Lord Dula

Established Member
He was dour before the goal. You cannot of failed to notice the drop in possession we enjoyed once Hleb had departed.

More often than not, Freddie will continue to reduce the overrall level of the side and his problems re age etc... are only going to worsen in the next few years.

I still said get rid. He's simply not justifying £70k a week, especially when you compare his performances against those of Clichy, Hleb, and even Theo.

If we're lucky we could pick up some relatively decent dollar dollar for him in the summer.

You never know, we could buy a flat on the old Highbury to keep it acrinomious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom