• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j'nuh

Lord Dula said:
He was dour before the goal. You cannot of failed to notice the drop in possession we enjoyed once Hleb had departed.

Not exactly surprising is it? Hleb is probably the best player at the club at retaining possession. Similarly, you cannot fail to notice that Hleb would never score a goal like that.

Also probably worth mentioning that Freddie has been out for a while (longer than Hleb) and was always going to be slightly off the pace, but at least he kept fighting. I thought his defensive contribution was good.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Ok you're right Feddie should be the first name on the team sheet cos of that goal that was primarily of Ali's making.

Hleb made a great run through in the first half and had Baptista not taken the wrong option, and chose not to slide him through, maybe Hleb would have tucked one away. But seeing as its Freddie and he looks so great in a pair of Calvins and he once had red hair we'll ignore all that re Hleb.

j'nuh

Lord Dula said:
Ok you're right Feddie should be the first name on the team sheet cos of that goal that was primarily of Ali's making.

Hleb made a great run through in the first half and had Baptista not taken the wrong option, and chose not to slide him through, maybe Hleb would have tucked one away. But seeing as its Freddie and he looks so great in a pair of Calvins and he once had red hair we'll ignore all that re Hleb.

At what point did i say that Freddie is better than Hleb, i.e first name on the team sheet?

But yeah you have hit the nail on the head. I do only like Freddie because he looks good half naked and he had red hair once. Nothing to do with the runs and finishing abilty. I just want him to stay so i can see him in his underwear more often.

patrick42uk

Established Member
dula for all your sarcasm, its fact. hleb's better in possession, younger, more energetic and better in defending. this is all true, but he couldnt have scored a goal like freddie did yesterday.

why does it always have to be hleb vs freddie?

its a squad game and its good when a player's strengths makes up for another's weakness.

we all have to hope that this goal gives freddie the confidence boost to re-discover his goal scoring touch. particularly with the uncertain over rvp's fitness and baptista's adaptation. if freddie scores goals, arsenal has a better chance of getting a trophy. surely thats what everyone wants?

i almost get the the feeling that some would rather freddie hadnt scored that goal to be honest which is kinda disappointing. when freddie steps on the pitch i have no doubt he plays to the best of his ability even if thats clearly dwindling due to natural causes. he's almost certain to leave in the summer, but whilst he's here lets support the guy ffs.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
You're absolutely right Patrick, I do think Freddie is long past it but I still admire his attitude to keep fighting and proving himself. It's a squad game and we're making full use of our squad this year, every player is doing their bit

qs

Established Member
j'nuh said:
Lord Dula said:
He was dour before the goal. You cannot of failed to notice the drop in possession we enjoyed once Hleb had departed.

Not exactly surprising is it? Hleb is probably the best player at the club at retaining possession. Similarly, you cannot fail to notice that Hleb would never score a goal like that.

Also probably worth mentioning that Freddie has been out for a while (longer than Hleb) and was always going to be slightly off the pace, but at least he kept fighting. I thought his defensive contribution was good.

Mate Freddie wasn't slightly off the pace he was miles off it.

As for his defensive contribution if letting Diouf run past you every time he tries is a contribution then yeah because he did alot of that

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i almost get the the feeling that some would rather freddie hadnt scored that goal to be honest which is kinda disappointing.

Didn't see all of the game last night, but when watching the second half of extra time, and they showed a replay of Freddie's goal, my girlfriend sniggered. And I've taken some right flak at work today, too. It was a great goal, but it'll take a few more of them to get me back onside.

And Ali's run was the real highlight of that goal.

qs

Established Member
From the moment Freddie came on up until the goal every thing he did had me screaming at the TV about him. Then when he scored everyone in the room pissed themselves laughing.

Lukazan

Established Member
Heh, Freddie Freddie Freddie.

He came on and looked very poor indeed, and got skinned 4-5 times, twice in the same minute by Diouf with the same trick! :lol: But that finish for his goal was class, unbelievable really.

I've never said I disliked Freddie, because I don't. And I still think that in certain situations he can be of use, it's just that while Hleb and Rosicky are fit, he is a squad player, nothing more.

Kenyonhater

Sammer said:
Next thing we know, people will be claiming a starting place for Freddie ahead of Hleb because "he scored such a fantastic goal against Bolton".

The finish was nice. But the real credit for that goal in my view goes to Aliadiere.

In any case, it is good to see that Freddie has done something right in the last 24months being on a 70.000/week contract.

You can't just enjoy the moment can you. You have to stamp on and squash my enjoyment of seeing a glimpse of Freddie, an Arsenal hero and our longest serving player, do his thing again.

I wasn't saying he was back to his best, I was just expressing my pleasure at seeing him score a great, important goal and all the wonderful memories that brought back ( too young to remember them?).

But no, you had to kill the moment, you ****.

Timleaf

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Not sure Sammer's post neccesitated that response Kenyonhater.

Claiming that the real credit belongs to Ali kinda irked me aswell. What a petty thing to say.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I think the support for Freddie has grown again too dramatically based on last night. I appreciate he's an endearing lil fella, and you just get lost in his eyes, but lets get real for a sec...

In most games Freddie plays, he's not gonna score, but its almost certain that in most games he'll play he'll scupper our attacking play with his loose passes and basic skill. If ol' El Hadj's showing is anything to go by, he'll also get skinned a good few times.

Just not up to it anymore is our Fred. He's doing a Sol Campbell.

awooga83

Established Member
I agree i don't think he is a first team regular in anyway but that finish was top quality and very clinical and i really didn't think he had that in him anymore but maybe he does and for that reason he won't be bad to have a round for the rest of the season as an option. His overall game isn't better then Hleb or Rosicky but if he can still make finishes like that he has something over them that would make him useful to have around.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i don't care we keep him or not, we must still buy a winger, or at least a young and promising one. we are short of wingers always and rest assured not before long freddie will be injured. i agree he will make a good backup

Alfonso

Established Member
Freddie was rubbish before the goal but I think he's been criticised a bit too much considering it was his first appearance after a long injury. Almost every player needs at least 20 mins to get back into it when they've missed so much football - apart from Hleb that is.

But his goal was definately 2002 vintage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom