• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Freddie was rubbish before the goal but I think he's been criticised a bit too much considering it was his first appearance after a long injury. Almost every player needs at least 20 mins to get back into it when they've missed so much football - apart from Hleb that is.

But his goal was definately 2002 vintage.

The thing is, and please let's not mention him destroying Assoit Ekoto as if he's the best full back in the world, that Freddie was rubbish for long spells before he got injured.

Gurgen

Established Member
Henry makes 130k a week, is he worth it? I think we all know the answer.

Leave Freddie alone. It's not like he is taking that 70k from our cold dead hands is it? Arsenal offered him that amount, he would be a fool not to accept it. If you want to criticize anyone criticize the board and Wenger.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
"Leave Freddie alone"?

Like he's reading this and thinking "The ungrateful bastards, after I single handedly won them the double in 2002..."?
:D
EDIT: In fact, like he's reading this at all...

Gurgen

Established Member
He gets no respect, like Pires last season. Plain and simple.

When a player is in decline physically and can't perform like he used to he gets crucified. Sad really.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I know what you're saying, it's not his fault he gets picked etc. But it has been painful to watch him over the last 2-3 years and so "respect" is the furthest thing from my mind when watching him. But you know all this already..

Tony Montana

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I think what it is is that fans are a brutal exponent of the old maxim "You're only as good as your last game".

True. Therefore we should go over the top with the criticism. And when a player has one good game or a few decent games like Diaby we should call him Vieira mark II.

Rohit

Established Member
I agree with Gurgen,Freddie deserves respect,not everyone may consider him a legend but he has been here 8 years and given us some amazing memories.

It will be painful to see him leave,that said i think he has to go,this team has evolved now.

We do need a Freddie type player though.It's amazing watching Hleb and Rosicky play together but either one playing along with a Freddie type player on the wing will be more effective.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I don't think you can say that per se, would Freddie, for example, have made anymore impact than either Hleb or Rosicky when we played Saturday's opponents before Christmas, or even in the away game when down to ten men?

Hleb and Rosicky can graft, make no mistake on that.

phenn

I don't know about that Rohit, last night Rosicky and Hleb were ****ing magic in the first half. I think a Freddie type player (faster obviously) would slow down some of our play, which can be otherworldly.

As for Freddie, if we get a good offer we should sell him, but he's a useful player to have now and then because he does add something different off the subs bench and he does still have that little bit of magic in him. He won us that game last night. Ali's run was incredible but the finish was as well. If he can win us even two more games, then he's worth it to put him on the sub's bench.

As for his wages... listen when you look back at his career he was value for money. We're not exactly going to change them now I don't think, though if we can obviously that'd be great.

Rohit

Established Member
Freddie in his prime would.Don't count the game when we are down to 10 men,it needs different type of players,those that can keep possession.But 11 v 11 i have no doubt that with 2 playmakers already in the midfield we would need a runner and not players wanted to send people through.

I ask you the same question,could Rosicky or Hleb have the same impact like Freddie did in 2002 ?

Goals from midfield are as essential as graft.I hope Rosicky reaches that level though.

Rohit

Established Member
And hence i said a Freddie-type-player,not Freddie himself.

I have just posted in the Rosicky thread about how much i admire him and always have.I have always been a huge Hleb fan,right since the 2nd game of the season against Chelsea last season.They are amazing players,yet in my opinion with Fabregas orchestrating the midfield we would be more effective,create more chances and score more goals with either Hleb or Rosicky on one wing and a Freddie-in-his-purple-patch type player on the other.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:
Freddie was rubbish before the goal but I think he's been criticised a bit too much considering it was his first appearance after a long injury. Almost every player needs at least 20 mins to get back into it when they've missed so much football - apart from Hleb that is.

The thing is, and please let's not mention him destroying Assoit Ekoto as if he's the best full back in the world, that Freddie was rubbish for long spells before he got injured.
Sadly true, he is winding down, he is ok for a sub but a full game ? Likable character but we can't afford to be sentimental.

Rohit

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:

Sadly true, he is winding down, he is ok for a sub but a full game ? Likable character but we can't afford to be sentimental.

I don't think anyone supporting Ljungberg here is being sentimental because they don't want him to leave and believe he warrants his wages.

It's just that he has been a great servant for the club and deserves respect and not the kind of abuse he gets in here.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Rohit said:
1970*Gooner said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:

I don't think anyone supporting Ljungberg here is being sentimental because they don't want him to leave and believe he warrants his wages.

It's just that he has been a great servant for the club and deserves respect and not the kind of abuse he gets in here.
Sorry I have to disagree with you there about the dosh, I don't think he should be subject to abuse, no Arsenal player should be however, lets be real here he is passed his prime sadly and I for one don't think he warrants a huge pay packet for the kind of performances he has been giving. Nothing personal but I think he has passed his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom