• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
face it guys, having both of them on the wings is equivalent to no end products and useless runnnings.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
_42583619_bentley_pa.jpg

This is the guy who said he will claim back his regular place from the likes of Rosicky and Helb. Come on Freddie! Show us that you can live up to your words!!

guinertron

Im bored of him get rid, no pace no stamina has somehow lost the ability to pass, make a driving run into the box execpt for Bolton last week, that was the first time in years. And if i see him sat on the floor with his arms in the air i will kick him. Should have sold him in January but he was not fit and nobody would pay up.

Arsène send Flamini back to OM and get Ribery!

stuart

Established Member
tactica442 said:
_42583619_bentley_pa.jpg

This is the guy who said he will claim back his regular place from the likes of Rosicky and Helb. Come on Freddie! Show us that you can live up to your words!!

I have seen better scraps at weddings to be honest ;)
Freddie used to be the quickest player at the club over the first 20 yards, as you would expect, he has lost that burst and so he seems totally uncapable of beating a player. He will always give 100% and can finish is chances but he is slowing up badly. To be fair the injuries have just taken their toll on him

davidorient

It seems like Freddie might be getting on the wrong side of the fans that have worshipped him for so long.

By the way, as a 'newbie' how come I can post on here???

dos1986

Established Member
davidorient said:
It seems like Freddie might be getting on the wrong side of the fans that have worshipped him for so long.

By the way, as a 'newbie' how come I can post on here???

:shock:

Alfonso

Established Member
Freddie can still do a job, and a effective one at that as well. Since he has come back he has shown flashes of the Freddie off old. He prob one of our most intelligent players, and offers us different qualities, as he gets into great positions.

His 'demise' was a bit premature to say the least. I dont know if he will be here in the summer, but he can still have a good end of the season, and hopefully be a big player for us.

Rahul

Thought he played very well today taking into accounts his previous performances.

P.S. neither of him nor baptista were able to complete a pass to each other

True Gooner

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Freddie can still do a job, and a effective one at that as well. Since he has come back he has shown flashes of the Freddie off old. He prob one of our most intelligent players, and offers us different qualities, as he gets into great positions.

His 'demise' was a bit premature to say the least. I dont know if he will be here in the summer, but he can still have a good end of the season, and hopefully be a big player for us.

Along with Henrys - oh well :roll:
Anyway agree with you Alfonso, Freddie has shown a lot of his old self in the last few matches, hes tried hard and made good runs and overall showed more awareness. His finishing is still a bit rusty though :eek:ops:
Guess we cant have everything

stuart

Established Member
Freddie played well today i thought

It was awful when we thought he was coming to an end, hope he sticks with us, can't help but love him

gstew

Today was the best (and quickest) I have seen Freddie in three years. If he plays like this throughout the end of season (which I doubt) then he really should be back next season.

Sammer

Established Member
stuart said:
Freddie played well today i thought

It was awful when we thought he was coming to an end, hope he sticks with us, can't help but love him

I hope he gets sold at the end of the season. In all fairness, the only slope in his performance curve medium-to-longterm can be downward. The last two years have done nothing to suggest otherwise. And two decent (not superb) games don´t change that either.

He neither has the skills, nor the technique to be a class player beyond the magic 30-year mark.

Timleaf

Established Member
Oh blimey! Now everyone loves Freddie again, huh?

If he can give us 30 games a season then he's still more than good enough. The only time he's been free of injury for a prolonged period in the last 18 months was at the end of last season, and he played well.

It's funny, the first two things players who have a poor run of form when they are over the age of 28 get accused of is losing pace and losing desire. Generally it's reactionary bollox.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
gstew said:
Today was the best (and quickest) I have seen Freddie in three years. If he plays like this throughout the end of season (which I doubt) then he really should be back next season.
i thought murty was slow tbh.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think its a progressive thing, freddie has been improving almost game by game since he returned from injury. looks more agile, fitter and quicker than he has been all season. the runs are coming back too. maybe work behind the scenes in training.

like sammer said though, he will probably need to do more. he'll need to get some sort of productivity back from a goalscoring perspective. he cant waste chances like at blackburn since theres no point making the run and getting picked out if you dont convert. its promising though because 2 games in a row he's got in behind and its got me slightly excited about what the third time will bring.

True Gooner

Established Member
Agreed Patrick.
He looks a lot more sharper and fitter now. His runs are coming back and the confidence as well, hes started to beat his man too and a lot more involved.
His departure was premature.
However I do wonder to what level he can return too. Will he be able to put a little more pressure for a starting position ? I know that off-late hes been on the left but I feel Hleb needs a wake up call right now.

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
like sammer said though, he will probably need to do more. he'll need to get some sort of productivity back from a goalscoring perspective. he cant waste chances like at blackburn since theres no point making the run and getting picked out if you dont convert. its promising though because 2 games in a row he's got in behind and its got me slightly excited about what the third time will bring.

I feel the PSV game will be a good benchmark for him in that respect.

j'nuh

Sammer said:
patrick42uk said:

I feel the PSV game will be a good benchmark for him in that respect.

I think he needs a run of games to get his finishing back aswell. If his finishing had been as sharp was it was recently, he would have got loads of goals. Hopefully in the next few games he gain regain that sharpness.

How good would it be if he won us the game on wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom