• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible

Established Member
Philo Bedo said:
Did you guys see the run he made in the first half when Diaby failed to find him? Ahh (looks of into the distance), that burst from midfield was just like the Freddie of old; pity the pass didn't match the run.
Yeah seen it, wish Cesc had the ball instead of Diaby, he would've picked his run and gave him a through pass.

Tonight the Old Freddie was back.

True Gooner

Established Member
Remember Ljungberg did say that he wanted to stayand try to fight for a starting position from Hleb or Rosicky ?
Glad to see that hes trying hard, except for the home leg against PSV, Ljungberg was great the whole month

Sammer

Established Member
We still need to sell him and bring somebody like Ribéry in.

He was good though yesterday - a good performance among sh*te performances from other players

ZanYGooneR

Personally I don't see the big deal with Ribery but back to Freddie. I think this has got to be one of the longest runs he's had in the side for a while. Which is why perhaps he's starting to show glimpses of what Freddie use to do.

But lets not forget the man who use to pick Freddie out is no longer with us.......yep you know it Dennis Legend!! I'll never forget the goal Freddie scored against Juventus after some sublime work by the Iceman. There will never be another Dennis.

patrick42uk

Established Member
the team needs to use him more. this is not about making freddie look good but about improving our scoring chances. he looks fit again and is offering a lot of movement at the moment. so pissed off against villa cos twice rosicky had the chance to play him in but twice he went for goal. we need that 'together together' spirit back and the selflessness that brought if we are to make plan a efficient.

fab4girl

Freddie has improved since the start of the season but tbh i think he is now past it, he hardly beats any defender and move forward. Though on counter attack he is great, but when the defenders close him down, he either loses the ball or gives a not so effective pass.

His game against villa was good but until he does this week in week out i see no point in keeping him. I love Freddie, he has been great all these years but its time now for him and us to move on.

number_0

Established Member
I think we should sell him to italy or spain while he got some goals in him.
i think the Roughness of the EPL is really punishing his legs and age, but i think he can be a success if he goes to another big club.
either inter milan this summer or west ham in a few years you choose

Sammer

Established Member
number_0 said:
I think we should sell him to italy or spain while he got some goals in him.
i think the Roughness of the EPL is really punishing his legs and age, but i think he can be a success if he goes to another big club.
either inter milan this summer or west ham in a few years you choose

Italy or Germany (Bayern ?) would be ideal for him. The pace is slower.

Invincible

Established Member
"In the midfield we have Hleb, Rosicky, Diaby, Song, Fabregas, Denilson, Gilberto - what can you add?

"Up front you have Walcott, Henry, van Persie, Adebayor, Bendtner who is coming back from Birmingham, Aliadiere too - where do you put all these players?"
The gaffer didn't mention Freddie and also Baptista, so does that mean Freddie isn't considered a part of Arsène's plans for next season and thus leave in the summer?

I hope not.

Goalkeeper

Though Freddie isn't what he used to be, I value his experience if only for the sake of experience. Also the fact that he can still make the runs to make space, it is important.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i don't value it tbh. he isnt consistent and how long has we last praise freddie like now. if we had a new good wide man, freddie would be forgotten.

marco

Freddie played well again yesterday.. he seems to be the only person who takes players on on their outside...

he is missing db who could pick the perfect pass for him
both yesterday and at villa park he was making runs to get into box but no one was picking him up..

longrufus

Established Member
What frustrates me about Freddie is that he has the best movement of any of our options on the wings. Yet when he receives the ball, he does absolutely nothing with it. He seems to have that bit of pace which he once used to take players on, was never the most skillful.
Generally this results in him passing sideways or back, or knocking it round the defender to be outmuscled, losing pesession.
His running, fight and determination are most admirable but what we need from our widemen is goals. Something which i dont think Freddie will offer us. Would like him to stay, as long as he knows he wont be starting too many games.

Lukazan

Established Member
He's playing well, in certain terms, but as I said in the ratings thread, in harsh reality he isn't actually offering us much.

No one picks out his runs, sure, but also when he gets the ball to his feet he doesn't really ever do alot with it. He charges to the by-line which people have been crying for, but if he hasn't already fallen over by the time he gets there, he usually produces a pretty weak cross.

No.8_Wright

Im sorry but past his best and needs to go...we need better players than that in our team...He gets into good positions and works hard but he cant cross...he doesnt make those great runs into the middle anymore...hes not a goal threat like he once was...

Im sorry but Freddie is now a Bolton player :lol:

True Gooner

Established Member
Hes runs are coming back to him thats a good sign but he needs to get back his confidence and ability again.
Hes performances have improved ever since that games vs Bolton but it follows a type of graph - one good game, followed by a average game, followed by a **** awful O'shea type game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom