• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
He is just so damned expensive to keep. OK, we all love him but at 6m a year? We could really do well with that money in the last days of the transfer window.

Grampus_Eight

offering bojinov if we are interested as well according to the guardian. just a coincidence that i brought him up a few days back... :wink:

siddharth

Let's just all pray that freddie leaves and we get at least some fee for him. It seems freddie doesn't want to leave but wenger needs to be strong here and think about the club before him. Wenger needs to convince freddie politely or harshly that he's no longer an important player for them.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
offering bojinov if we are interested as well according to the guardian. just a coincidence that i brought him up a few days back... :wink:

I would take him in a heartbeat. He's one of the best young strikers in Europe. Wenger could make him great.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Hmm, Bojinov could interest Wenger. We were in for him in a big way not long ago. He's a Wenger-ish signing, a fantastic young talent wh's gone off the rails. I wouldn't say no to 5.5m + Bojinov.

JML

GoonerGurjit said:
Grampus_Eight said:

I would take him in a heartbeat. He's one of the best young strikers in Europe. Wenger could make him great.
Hasn't he had some injury problems over the past few seasons though? His scoring record isn't all that spectacular either.

siddharth

_scorpion_ said:
The problem is Freddie wants to pocket the transfer fee because of the drop in wages.

that's why nothing is happening with Freddie at the moment.
Not really surprised by this. Dein , wenger and the board must have been on crack when freddie was offered that 4 year deal at a time when he had been average for 2 seasons in a row. Arsenal may have to reluctantly hand some part of the fee to freddie as imo freddie won't have any problems sitting in the reserves and earning 70k a week.

qs

Established Member
If we got Bojinov we'd have plenty of depth up front. Then focus all our efforts on getting a quality wide man. After thats sorted we'd be alright.

hesham

Established Member
Upfront yeah,

But we would be screwed on the wings and at this moment in time, i just don't trust AW to sign anyone even Babel our backup looks to be joining Pool.

As useless as freddie is these days id rather have him as a winger than no-one at all..

qs

Established Member
I've a funny feeling its the £3m we were oringally offered and the extra money will be paid to Freddie by us to get him to **** off, he'll be taking a big wage cut to leave and he doesn't want to so it may take paying him off a bit. Still £3m and Bojinov and I say "thank you come again"

If Freddie was to it would absolutely force Wenger to either buy a new winger or change formation. I think he'd buy a winger or 2. In fact Freddie is half the problem with our lack of strength in depth on the wing. He's filling a position but I'm never happy to see him on the team sheet. I say thanks Freddie you were a great player and character and we'll always remember the great games you had for Arsenal.

Zico

Established Member
Has anybody watched this Bojinov. I dug up his stats and he didn't seem to be good for more than a goal every four games. Of course, those stats didn't show whether he was a substitute, taking shots, receiving good service, etc.

Any scouting reports? Thanks

marco

Smartly Dressed Morris said:
Qs - Have you even watched Freddie in the last 2 years ? He has been utter s***e , can't beat a man , can't score , can't pass , goes over like a sack of spuds when a player goes near him. Sure he did ok in the cl final and scored a goal for us last season - whoopy do.

This is no time to be sentimental it is time for him to move on.

yep 100% right and we know wenger keeps players for sentiment doesnt he..
herny, viera, pires??

wenger knows when the time is right to go..
if he decides this summer is right for freddy to go given his injury record then fair doos.

this 70k a week is absolute bullshit though. he is on nothing like that

Soler

Established Member
If we actually pulled off selling a 29-year-old injury prone player on huge wages who hasn't consistently played well for about two and a half years for £5.5m and signed what was, at one stage, one of the most promising strikers in Europe then I'd be even more impressed by Wenger in the market. It's quite an odd rumour, I'd get it if it was the other way around, but cash and Bojinov for Freddie Ljungberg c. 2007 is just loopy.

It'd certainly address the striker issue, or what's left of it anyway after Eduardo's arrival, but selling Ljungberg does have its drawbacks. We'd still have to sign another winger, even if Eboue moves to be a winger full-time we still only have one player on the left: Rosicky.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
quincy42 said:
Has anybody watched this Bojinov. I dug up his stats and he didn't seem to be good for more than a goal every four games. Of course, those stats didn't show whether he was a substitute, taking shots, receiving good service, etc.

Any scouting reports? Thanks
Boijnov was the "next big thing" about 3 seasons ago, and then sort of fell off the radar... i think he is playing OK these days, but not really setting the world alight like many had predicted... not a regular starter from what i have seen.. somewhat inconsistent... Mostarac may have a better idea

kym7224

Problem is Freddie can snub it, we always accept the bid but it is depend on Freddie wants to go or not.

With their wages I think he will stay with us.

qs

Established Member
Was just talking to an AC Milan supporter and my go to guy on Serie A, he says Bojinov has played wide left a few times. Could be a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom