• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Well Fiorentina are willing to sell him, but I don't know if are at all interested in him.

It would probably be £5.5m cash for Ljungberg or possibly a straight swap, but I can't see that as surely Bojinov is worth more then £5.5m.

kym7224

There are 3 rumours

1. 5.5 money only

2. Bojinov + money =5.5

3. 5.5+ Bojinov

if it is 3 I think it is brilliant Business.

Grampus_Eight

Fiorentina are mad under all circumstances.

We'd be lucky to move Freddie on a free with his health problems and wages.

In fact, I had thought we'd have to pay him to leave like Sol...

Bojinov looked a great talent when I saw him play in the first half of the 05/06 season at fiorentina. Very strong, very direct and looked like he could shoot with both feet. I don't know what happened to him since...

Could be a good project, but we have so many young strikers that it would probably make more sense to go for Anelka, McCarthy or the old man Martins :wink:

Surprised no one went for Anelka though. Maybe Newcastle will if they lose Owen or Martins.

Paddy from Sweden

This I babelfished off of Fiorentina.it from an article posted tonight at 19:54:

Point of market: Ljungberg more and more close 10/07/2007

It continues to to be near the conclusion the trattaiva in order to carry in viola Fredrik Ljungberg from the Asenal. The two clubs have already found the agreement on a figure near seven million euro: solos remain to define the last relative details you to engage of the player. Known E' much probable one in fact that the captain of the national Swede can "round off" the previewed maximum wage from the Fiorentina with a series of sponsorships tied to its activity of model and testimonial in all Europe. As far as instead understood attacking it the situation at the moment it is of difficult decifrazionie.

http://www.fiorentina.it/notizia.asp?IDNotizia=51412

stuart

Established Member
Freddie hasn't actually gone has he? I couldn't be a manager, although he is no use i couldn't let him go. I felt sorry for Baps too :lol:

The only advantage Freddie now holds is he is a familiar face and can provide some experience to the squad. I always hold out hope in his next game he will be his old self but it never really happened.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
Thank you GG.

I was wondering about that sentence too. Yes Babelfish can make things quite hard to understand but that sentence is weird. :)

Yeah Babelfish sometimes just creates a whole new language.

Anyway judging from that news, it seems like Bojinov won't be included in the deal.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
ahh freddie man gotta love the guy
Sorry no Arsenal clips, no matter how good they are :(

JazzG

Wow he was great eh? (Sorry not that he is dead or anything) ... I loved the bergie & Freddy show.

The red hair went and so did his va va voom. What a drag.

Looking at those days .. were we not the effing best?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
ahh freddie man gotta love the guy

Sorry no Arsenal clips, no matter how good they are :(

JazzG

Wow he was great eh? (Sorry not that he is dead or anything) ... I loved the bergie & Freddy show.

The red hair went and so did his va va voom. What a drag.

Looking at those days .. were we not the effing best?

He was outstanding in 2002. His goals were a huge part in us winning the double.

Paddy from Sweden

As I've said before I think that the Bojinov thing was created by English media and not by the Italian.

Bojinov seem to be on his way to either Torino or Roma if I have understood it correctly.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Looks like Ljungberg to Fiorentina just moved a step closer:

Agent says Ljungberg could be on move to Fiorentina
Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:34PM BST

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Arsenal midfielder Fredrik Ljungberg could be on his way to Fiorentina in Italy, his agent told Swedish news agency TT on Tuesday.

"The two clubs are in discussions," agent Claes Elefalk said.

"If they can come to an agreement, then Fredrik can think about looking closer at a move."

Elefalk also says however that Arsenal want to hold on to the 30-year-old Swedish international who joined the London club in 1998 and has played a major part in their successes over the last decade.

"Fredrik is really happy at Arsenal, but if it is an option, he could also consider a move to Fiorentina," Elefalk said, adding that he did not know when negotiations between the two clubs would be completed.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballN ... edType=RSS

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I would still be sad if Freddie leaves, maybe because of all the good times and because deep down I still think he has something good into him.
It is Arsène's call if he doesn't think that he's off.
At least Freddie seems to really love Arsenal, unlike many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom