• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
jay-d said:
kel varnsen said:
http://www.expressen.se/sport

says he has pretty much all but signed for west ham. according to expressen, freddie left austria today for a medical at west ham.

Is this source reliable?

hm, they are a tabloid paper, but they are usually fairly reliable when it comes to major stories about the most famous swedish footballers. if i had to guess, i'd say it is probably true.

cescthebest

kel varnsen said:
http://www.expressen.se/sport

says he has pretty much all but signed for west ham. according to expressen, freddie left austria today for a medical at west ham.

Hope it is true, good news.

dublingunner

Established Member
Did Freddie himself not say he wouldn't go to another premiership club?
He'd look pretty stupid to say that and sign for West Ham a week later.

the dawn raids

Established Member
thegame24 said:
tbh if keeping ljungberg is costing us from getting a good winger eg like mancini or simao, then id be glad to let ljungberg go.

well of course, but quite frankly if keeping ljungberg is costing us from bringing in ANYONE then he has to go. because he just doesnt offer us enough anymore to justify a place at the cost of someone else we could bring in and develop (since anyone wed bring in would most likely be young).

him having experience is not enough to warrant even half his wages.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
dublingunner said:
perhaps he might ware a wig and dark glasses :shock:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
dublingunner said:

His agent allegedly said that. West Ham will be an ideal move for Ljungberg. His wages won't drop too much, and he'll get to stay in London.

dos1986

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
dublingunner said:

His agent allegedly said that. West Ham will be an ideal move for Ljungberg. His wages won't drop too much, and he'll get to stay in London.

Very true Gurjit...London is very very important to Freddie..perfect move really

Allyboy

Established Member
If we sell him and do not replace him I will be very annoyed.

Clearly he is not worth the wages he is on, and his form the last two season have been poor, but he works his arse off and is a valuable squad player.

Also, can we really afford to lose anymore experience? Lehmann, Gallas and Gilberto are the only three players in the squad over 27 if he leaves, the only three in their prime! (And Lehmann is probably past his). Thats frankly ridiculous, Wenger needs to add a couple of 26-30 year olds into the mix really, even as squad players.

Edit: Forgot about Almunia but he does not really count...

dublingunner

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
dublingunner said:

His agent allegedly said that.
Ah right so. That's completely different.

It'd be understandable I guess for West Ham to be interested in him after losing Benayoun. And we I'm sure would definitely bring in a replacement, as Allyboy says hopefully someone experienced.

choi12911

Hopefully this means another winger. I just don't think Wenger is going into a new season with 3 'wingers' who are playing out of their position....

kamikaze80

Established Member
yes, if true, we definitely need a great wide mid in the 24-30 age bracket. i just dont see who's out there that is obtainable and fits our game.

Christofaux

Gamst pederson, 8Mil... if we dont i hope another top 4 team does because he should be playing champions league football.

I hope im not at work when i hear the actual news of Freddy signing for another team as i will definately shed a tear. Being my fav player and due to his lack of games last year the ones i actually did get to see (on TV, as i live in Australia) i cherished every time he touched the ball.

Smartly Dressed Morris

I never did buy that "i couldn't play for another premiership club" boolacks. More like I can't play for another premiership club unless I get 60k a week.

West Ham I salute you.

thegame24

Established Member
ribery is gone

I would idealy like quaresma to try and shove it in the face of united.

Ther is also simao and mancini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom