• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutsy

Established Member
Thought Modric's more of a play maker than wide player. But If for certain that Freddie goes, like I said ****e is not confirm till we see it on Arse.com. Then Arsène MUST be bringing some one in to replace him.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have said the "Freddie is an asset" bit..

belgianfan

Well I hope we sing a new winger now,

and I hope it's a big signing. No more potential cr*p or unknown quality.

Sign quaresma :D , common we must have money, we have'nt even spend and now with the freddie money and maybe reyes....

But the fear of being a transfer flop is probably too big with Arsène.

If gouffran or di maria is the answer I would be seriously pissed, fact is these guys haven't proven sh*t and it's just youtube w$nking what's happening with these guys.

Mark

Established Member
Four goals in his last two seasons mean it was definitely time for him to go, but it's a shame about all his injuries getting in his way all the time.

Obviously we'll never forget his incredible contribution to the double, but I think the season I enjoyed watching him the most was 04/05 when he was on fire, contributing very highly in both goals and assists, he was probably our best player that season.

Can't see him doing a great deal for West Ham, but good luck to him in the final years of his career.

Arsenal_Soldier

Wow, would Freddie leaving leave van persie as the club's current leading goalscoring?

Thanks for everything freddie, true legend in my eyes, especially after THAT goal against chelsea.

asajoseph

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
Thought Modric's more of a play maker than wide player. But If for certain that Freddie goes, like I said s***e is not confirm till we see it on Arse.com. Then Arsène MUST be bringing some one in to replace him.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have said the "Freddie is an asset" bit..

He is - but then Wenger hasn't signed an established wide player for years.

Modric has played a little on the flanks, I believe, and fits the mould of what Wenger obviously looks for in his wide players - technique, passing, and a complete phobia of scoring a goal ;)

It's just a guess, anyhow - it could just as easily be Di Maria or Gouffran. I'll tell you who it won't be though - Ricardo Quaresma. I don't know why anyone's even bothering to get their hopes up.

Jameel46

Established Member
freddie wis past his best, a long way past his best. and many on here thought his time at Arsenal as over, so it suprises me that some are saying it was wrong to let him go.

i will admit that it leaves us short on the wings with only Rosicky (not a real winger), Hleb, & Walcott (not a real winger); but i doubt that it will be a problem as we have other players that can fill in on the wings if needed.

algunner

asajoseph said:
At £10million? Babel would have been an awful signing, at that price.

Anyhoo, what a shame, eh? The experience argument is probably overplayed, when you consider how bad he's been on the pitch in recent years, but the guy's been a true legend for us, scored some cracking goals, and given us some great moments.

Will Wenger replace him? Who knows... Luka Modric anyone?

Remember we also have Winter time to add players!!!!

Who know may be Arsène wants to try out with these players and add a few more in the Winter time when Eboue, Kolo, and Ade leave for ACN.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, I know there's still the winter - but there's half a season between now and then, and we've only got two established wide players, both of whom underperformed last year, and Theo, who's just a kid!

Then again, Wenger did sell the side very short when he sold Edu and Vieira, and I'm not 100% convinced he won't do it again.

Asterix

Established Member
Arsenal_Soldier said:
Hmmmm, now that freddie's gone, does anyone beleive that Tevez still may be on the cards?

If they do they're living in cloud cuckoo land. Tevez's fee was around the 30m mark, no? Never in a million years will Wenger pay that for one player.

And while I'd love a new player to come in, like Asa I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen. You just never know with Wenger.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gunners_Nadz said:
Tell me why are you dropping Eboue for no apparent reason? I hope you are not assuming because Sagna has made a great debut therefore justify him over Eboue after just one game against a Turkish side?

4-3-3? From Mr. Arsène? Dare to dream A_h Dare to dream indeed.
actually i am just making a guess. nobody knows who is going to start. but i reckon 7m won't be easily left on the bench.

wenger would never sell someone without replacement readymade. i am sure a winger or a attackingmid would come.

btw b_c, i don't think babel would be a good signing by that price. malouda is always never an option for us. ribery, well...godknows

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Arsenal_Soldier said:
Hmmmm, now that freddie's gone, does anyone beleive that Tevez still may be on the cards?
yes i personally believes wenger is going to spring a surprise.

in my dreams. i have long given up on that

Bergy_1995

Tevez? After all this palarva with Man Utd? I don't think so somehow.

My bet's on a younger, potential-star to fill Freddie's void. Other than that, I've honestly got no idea. Wenger's got a bit of money on him now though so he could pick up someone quite useful.

awooga83

Established Member
Well it was really time for him to go as he has lost many of the attributes that made him a good player for us. So thanks for all the great games Freddie but it is the right time.

My main concern is their must be a replacement lined up 3 wingers including Theo all a bit inconsistent to some extent and one unproven and another injury prone we need at least one player their but it remains to be seen if Wenger agrees.

polaris sc

asajoseph said:
Well, I know there's still the winter - but there's half a season between now and then, and we've only got two established wide players, both of whom underperformed last year, and Theo, who's just a kid!

Then again, Wenger did sell the side very short when he sold Edu and Vieira, and I'm not 100% convinced he won't do it again.

Fredd ie a good lad for the club, but its about time he left the club.

regarding the selling of Edu & Vieira and getting no cover in, was a massive lose for the club.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Can we agree on something here?

Can we get rid of the 'but' from the = 'Freddie was great BUT' statement as respect for the man.

We have all debated this enough. Freddy was an Arsenal legend to me.

I loved him I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom