• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christofaux

i think... im going.... to cry.

I hope osmoene stands out to me this season (not necessarily in skill), my favourite players were cole and freddie...

Out of all players i just cant see someone as loyal yet as fun as freddy.

maybe senderos, but he doesnt get enough first team chances at the moment.

Sammer

Established Member
Christofaux said:

I am actually quite happy - this is good news.

Thanks for the fantastic years Freddie, but it´s definately time for him to move on. Would have preferred to see him move to Spain or Italy.

RammiXP

It really is a new era at arsenal, lets hope we can prosper this season in some form or another. We really do need another player though if freddie leaves.

i have a feeling Modric is coming now, dunno why it just seems to make sense. i guess time will tell.

asajoseph

Established Member
Sammer said:
Christofaux said:

Thanks for the fantastic years Freddie, but it´s definately time for him to move on. Would have preferred to see him move to Spain or Italy.

It'll only become good news if Wenger replaces him.

I know he's been awful for a few years, but if we don't replace him, I'd rather have him with us.

marco

qs said:
Arsenal_Soldier said:
Hmmmm, now that freddie's gone, does anyone beleive that Tevez still may be on the cards?

:|

Seriously, f**k off.

in our history how many players have we ever bought from west ham???

it never ever happens..
the traffic only goes one way

marco

Thanks fred for all the memories.

You are an absolute legend and worthy to have worn the number 8 shirt.
never forget your performances vs mancs + Sp**s in particular and all the big games (i.e cup finals)when you really took centre stage.

100% every time (which cant be said for all his teammates) never shied from a tackle + for that he will always be remembered .

thanks for the memories and gutted cant sing the song anymore.

legend

Big_Cake

RammiXP said:
It really is a new era at arsenal, lets hope we can prosper this season in some form or another. We really do need another player though if freddie leaves.

i have a feeling Modric is coming now, dunno why it just seems to make sense. i guess time will tell.

As asajoseph said :)() Modric is a typical Wenger signing for the wing, cuts inside and shoots, is a play maker etc. Because we don't cross the ball that often I see no reason why we should have a conventional winger like Downing for example, it would be pointless.
However a pacy Overmars style replacement woulb be nice. Robben would be terrific, he would really prosper at Arsenal I believe. However it will never happen - Chelsea wouldn't sell too us/too expensive

Sammer

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Sammer said:
Christofaux said:

It'll only become good news if Wenger replaces him.

I know he's been awful for a few years, but if we don't replace him, I'd rather have him with us.

Too bad this happened so late. Indeed the choice of wingers is quite limited at this point.

I still can´t get over the fact that Bayern managed to sign Ribéry. I know this has been discussed from all angles, but he would have been THE perfect replacement.

Just watching Ribéry taking Werder Bremen apart the other day was painful.

I reckon that we have another player coming in now, as the elimination of Freddies wage bill must open up new opportunities. But you never know.

Rohit

Established Member
It really doesn't matter now if it is a genuine winger or a CM converted to a winger or a forward converted to a winger, till he has the knack of getting into the box and scoring even if he doesn't give us width.

We need numbers, Walcott, Hleb and Rosicky only for the wings with Diaby, Denilson and Flamini as back up just in case doesn't really fill anyone with confidence.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
thanks for the beautiful memories freddie.

gutted that you can't have a testimonial match. hope you'll find a better path with the hammers.

this would mean either Arsène will hunt for a winger or he thinks walcott is ready to play as hleb's deputy.

True Gooner

Established Member
No!
I mean I wasnt Freddies biggest fan or anything off late but losing Ljungberg is like cutting the last link.
Ill miss him - thanks for the memories Fred and have a good career.
btw - has this been confirmed by Arsenal.com?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
randall is a CM who is slow and cant really be effective on the wings. but he can be turned into an emergency one, but even if there is an injury crisis diaby and denilson would be first choice converters which i hate it.

Di Maria is too young and raw to be a reliable 4th choice. he can be a super sub or someone that learn well in the first season, but hard to be 4th choice. other than hleb and rosicky, walcott and maybe eboue is the only other establish options. we are seriously short in that department and Arsène choose to leave it late for it.

Modric is coming in Jan so now there must be at least one more coming to cover.

Gouffran + Di Maria would be enough

Legend#1

Established Member
I remember a quote about Wenger wanting to bring Modric in now, but doesn't want to upset squad members.

Maybe he'll bring him in now? He'll be cup tied, but I don't think that'll stop Arséne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom