• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
He should shut up. It´s a sign of bad style or frustration.

We wouldn´t all wish for "big names" if the "big name" Freddie Ljungberg had performed in the last 2 years.

But I guess footballers Ego´s are so inflated, they just don´t realize that these comments are not appropriate right after a move.

Glad he´s out.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
Should never have let him leave, has Wenger not learnt his lesson about letting older players leave!?

Think you should go back to your Cake mate...

Freddie's been crap for a while now, he was lucky to still be here this season gone.

I'm not gonna go on about it, I understand there are those of you out there saddened to see him go, farbeit for me to tread on anyone's sorrow at this move I guess in a way it is sad. But it's way past time for both him and the club.

kym7224

If Reyes goes 10M euro as mentioned we have about 15M pounds to spend without touch a penny on clubs money.

Another good business by Arsène.

siddharth

asajoseph said:
Yes, Freddie was well past it - but that still doesn't explain his comments.

Or do you think he's just having a pop? It's becoming a bit fashionable among players leaving the club at the moment...
I believe that in this case , freddie was annoyed with the way he was forced out of the club and hence his comments.

Sammer

Established Member
Freddie knows how the media works. To launch a comment like this is clearly aimed at Arsène.

Pretty classless after the trust Arsène has put into Freddie last season. After the season 05/06 there wasn´t much reason left to start Freddie in any game and Arsène still did.

It all ads a bitter taste to the good memories we have of him.

otfgoon

Established Member
asajoseph said:
siddharth said:
asajoseph said:
far more worrying is the fact that Arsène can't even convince his own players that they'll be competitive.
That's very harsh when you take into account that freddie was not just a simple case of being low on confidence but he was well past it.

Yes, Freddie was well past it - but that still doesn't explain his comments.

Or do you think he's just having a pop? It's becoming a bit fashionable among players leaving the club at the moment...

Would not surprise me, and I dont think its a pop, I think its him trying to save himself some dignity.

Hard to say, I wasnt wanted/needed anymore.

Big_Cake

RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
Should never have let him leave, has Wenger not learnt his lesson about letting older players leave!?

Think you should go back to your Cake mate...

Freddie's been crap for a while now, he was lucky to still be here this season gone.

I'm not gonna go on about it, I understand there are those of you out there saddened to see him go, farbeit for me to tread on anyone's sorrow at this move I guess in a way it is sad. But it's way past time for both him and the club.

Maybe, but wasn't the same said about Vieira, Parlour (to some extent), Wiltord, even Henry?
We have (and may miss Henry) missed them all to some extent, in some cases a lot on and off the pitch.
I wasn't adverse to selling Vieira at the time, but I realised my mistake. Who knows what Freddie was like of the pitch as well?

Gurgen

Established Member
JazzG said:
Gurgen said:
Just wish he hadn't talked that crap at the press conference.

What did he say?

BBC said:
"It was a difficult decision but when Thierry Henry left it felt like the end. I am coming here to build a great team and I am looking forward to it."

"Two years ago when I signed my last contract we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club," Ljungberg explained.

"Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe. For me that didn't really happen."

Nothing too shocking really, but still.

Asa, Wenger can't convince his players we're going to be competitive? Freddie is leaving Arsenal to be competitive at West Ham? :lol:

awooga83

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
awooga83 said:
Big_Cake said:
Reyes anyone?

*gets coat*

It doesn't matter how many coats you give him he still won't want to play for Arsenal not to mention the impracticalities of wearing one while playing football.

Just to clarify - you do understand what I meant when I said 'gets coat'? I wasn't implying I was getting my coat to go and get Reyes.....

:lol: Yeah i did mate, I was just making a joke about coats and Reyes love of the rain.

the dawn raids

Established Member
well he can be as bitter as he wants because any way you slice it it was, as others have said, way past time for him to move on. especially if his departure leads to another signing.

nidza7

Established Member
Gurgen said:
JazzG said:
Gurgen said:

What did he say?

BBC said:
"It was a difficult decision but when Thierry Henry left it felt like the end. I am coming here to build a great team and I am looking forward to it."

"Two years ago when I signed my last contract we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club," Ljungberg explained.

"Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe. For me that didn't really happen."

Asa, Wenger can't convince his players we're going to be competitive? Freddie is leaving Arsenal to be competitive at West Ham? :lol:

qft

lmao

asajoseph

Established Member
Freddie's been 'forced out'?

Isn't this the same Freddie, who Arsène was praising in the press last week, saying he was 90% sure he'd be at the club next season? The same Freddie who was then shopped to pretty much anyone who'd pay for him by Arsène Wenger?

I'm not surprised he's a little embarrassed, to be honest.

Big_Cake

awooga83 said:
Big_Cake said:
awooga83 said:
Big_Cake said:
Reyes anyone?

*gets coat*

It doesn't matter how many coats you give him he still won't want to play for Arsenal not to mention the impracticalities of wearing one while playing football.

Just to clarify - you do understand what I meant when I said 'gets coat'? I wasn't implying I was getting my coat to go and get Reyes.....

:lol: Yeah i did mate, I was just making a joke about coats and Reyes love of the rain.

Yeh lol. You have my apologies :p

maradona

I'd like to wish Freddie all the very best at West Ham (apart from against Arsenal), he is a legend.
We love you Freddie we do.........

the dawn raids

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
Maybe, but wasn't the same said about Vieira, Parlour (to some extent), Wiltord, even Henry?
We have (and may miss Henry) missed them all to some extent, in some cases a lot on and off the pitch.
I wasn't adverse to selling Vieira at the time, but I realised my mistake. Who knows what Freddie was like of the pitch as well?

i dont think youll find too many people who think henry and vieira were crap; certainly not as crap as ljungberg has become.

Christofaux

the difference is like vieira and unlike henry he was forced to leave. He didnt want to leave the club, but to go to another london club would be best as he is suited here. As much as i hate to admit it but it was just too good business for Arsenal, getting 3 million for him and the 3.1 million in yearly salary (im not actually sure if its 60k a week for every week or only those which games are on)

asajoseph

Established Member
Gurgen said:
JazzG said:
Gurgen said:

What did he say?

BBC said:

Heh, ok, fair play :D

Still, I remain alarmed at the number of players criticising the club at the moment. We're going to have to produce one serious "Shut the **** up" performance this year, or Wenger's going to look a bit stupid.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
JazzG said:
Gurgen said:

What did he say?

BBC said:

That is shocking but all in all Wenger has to take responsibility hear. he needs to stop telling players what they wanna hear when getting them to sign and concentrate on telling them that we're building from the bottom up, be apart of it or walk.

All in all, i feel bad because freddie's gone just before he's due a testy, but ultimately he was gash for a while now and hopefully we'll replace him with the type of quality he's moaning about us not having while he was here. a kick in the teeth it may be but i want to challenge this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom