• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
its true what he said though, still doesnt change the fact that hes past it.

However, him aswell saying these things shows its not as rosey as many people think

your lying to yourself if you dont think wenger would buy some top talents if he had money.

Christofaux

asajoseph said:
Freddie's been 'forced out'?

Isn't this the same Freddie, who Arsène was praising in the press last week, saying he was 90% sure he'd be at the club next season? The same Freddie who was then shopped to pretty much anyone who'd pay for him by Arsène Wenger?

I'm not surprised he's a little embarrassed, to be honest.

that seemed to be more a bargaining tool to get more $$$ for him.

awooga83

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Freddie's been 'forced out'?

Isn't this the same Freddie, who Arsène was praising in the press last week, saying he was 90% sure he'd be at the club next season? The same Freddie who was then shopped to pretty much anyone who'd pay for him by Arsène Wenger?

I'm not surprised he's a little embarrassed, to be honest.

What Wenger says to Freddie one to one and what he says to the press i.e. Freddie is a hugely experienced player, i'm sure he will be here, for the benefit of the club not looking in a weak position ala Reyes, i'm sure Freddie knew if he was likely to be going or not and maybe even got an explanation for the comments who knows, but what he said in reference to Arsenal looked a little petty, and he is supposed to be a professional player paid a hell of alot to be professional.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Why is everyone so shocked to hear the players start saying the exact same things as the fans have been for months?

Were we all saying we lacked experience, without actually thinking it was true?

it is a bit strange, isn't it. fans are allowed to moan all they want, all year long, but the second a player opens his mouth, and says the exact same thing, he's disloyal and bang out of order.

freddie only said what everyone knows.

otfgoon

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Gurgen said:
JazzG said:
Gurgen said:
Just wish he hadn't talked that crap at the press conference.

What did he say?

BBC said:
"It was a difficult decision but when Thierry Henry left it felt like the end. I am coming here to build a great team and I am looking forward to it."

"Two years ago when I signed my last contract we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club," Ljungberg explained.

"Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe. For me that didn't really happen."

Nothing too shocking really, but still.

Asa, Wenger can't convince his players we're going to be competitive? Freddie is leaving Arsenal to be competitive at West Ham? :lol:

Heh, ok, fair play :D

Still, I remain alarmed at the number of players criticising the club at the moment. We're going to have to produce one serious "Shut the f**k up" performance this year, or Wenger's going to look a bit stupid.

Its just an easy reason to target, just like old DD leaving, Arsène not commiting to a new deal etc.

JGooner

Freddie should have been sold 3 or 4 years ago, when Juve were interested. The one member of the Invincibles who AW retained for too long was the one who had the least to offer. Can't believe we sold Pires, Edu, Vieira, etc before Freddie.

Have to agree with Asa that his press conference remarks do suggest that AW is not convincing some of the players.

As for a replacement, I really hope we buy a genuine winger. Even if we end up playing 4-3-3 most of the time, to not have a single winger in the squad to use at certain points of the season just seems bizarre.

longrufus

Established Member
About time, Freddie has been underperforming for the best part of 3 seasons.

Arsenal legend though, the guy give us some fabulous memories.

Looks like Wenger will have to buy now, interesting.

kel varnsen

Established Member
btw, what is the overall status of our transfer dealings this year? about £25 mill in and £15 out? in addition to a significant wage cut. henry and ljungberg probably have close to 180k-200k a week cobined.

seriously, are we just broke or does wenger seriously think the current squad can challenge man u and chelsea next season? if the latter, then he's delusional...

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Blah - I don't buy that. If Wenger was 'forcing Freddie out', lying to the press would have next to no effect.

He didn't force him out, but I'm pretty sure he didn't break a sweat stopping him either.

awooga83

Established Member
Yeah but it wouldn't exactly be find another club, focing out, if Wenger says you can remain but will play a lesser roll even more so then last year then it will be the kind of thing that you will know that some players won't except especially if they feel they can get first team football elsewhere, so his staement would have somewhat tallied up, he is going to stay and telling Freddie you can stay but with a lesser roll but knowing Freddie may seek somewhere else.

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
btw, what is the overall status of our transfer dealings this year? about £25 mill in and £15 out? in addition to a significant wage cut. henry and ljungberg probably have close to 180k-200k a week cobined.

seriously, are we just broke or does wenger seriously think the current squad can challenge man u and chelsea next season? if the latter, then he's delusional...

It's called keeping the books balanced, actually making the club money instead of losing it, until the stadium debts are cleared.

belgianfan

Uhm why is everyone saying we will get 3 mil?

it could rise up to 3 mil that was the deal, NOt that great of a deal according to me.

We're getting f'ed in the market, in a market where mido goes for 6mil, bent goes for 17

we have henry leaving for 16 and freddie for a potential 3 mil, good bussines my *rse, and don't begin saying wages this and that.

Commercial value of these players were huge, and much more than their wages. We were 4 2 years running now, and we didn't even strengthen ourselves yet?
This fantasy project is getting on my nerves

thegame24

Established Member
Tbh with what we were told by Eldeman, we should have about 50 million to spend.

Somebody must be lying cause there is no way in hell we have that much to spend yet not bringing the players we really need.

A start striker and a star winger

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

nidza7 said:
Gurgen said:
JazzG said:
Gurgen said:
Just wish he hadn't talked that crap at the press conference.

What did he say?

BBC said:
"It was a difficult decision but when Thierry Henry left it felt like the end. I am coming here to build a great team and I am looking forward to it."

"Two years ago when I signed my last contract we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club," Ljungberg explained.

"Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe. For me that didn't really happen."

Nothing too shocking really, but still.

Asa, Wenger can't convince his players we're going to be competitive? Freddie is leaving Arsenal to be competitive at West Ham? :lol:

qft

lmao

Didn't do well in Europe?

Well, apart from that CL final then...

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to Freddie building a great team at West Spam. I'm also looking forward to finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And watching a gaggle of flying pigs blot out the sun over Upton Park. And seeing the appy ammers bank a brass farthing from the Tevez deal. And watching Dr Eggman kiss and make up with Kia.

I was about to post a "so farewell then Freddie.." post till I saw this ****e.

Jeez, after all, Frediie was such a big superstar when Arsène plucked him from Ikea FC or wherever...

:arrow: :shock

sabret00the

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Blah - I don't buy that. If Wenger was 'forcing Freddie out', lying to the press would have next to no effect.
well if you're wrong, i do hope he starts lying to the press about song very soon.

kym7224

I don't blame freddie to saying that, but what I want to know is why Arsène contiouiusly 'lying' on players, fans etc.

It means Edelman, PHW,Arsène all lying

same "we have enough money to spend' 'we never been better position'

or Arsène doesn't buy even we have money? :lol:

thegame24

Established Member
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

It's called keeping the books balanced, actually making the club money instead of losing it, until the stadium debts are cleared.

so why the hell do people oppose a take over if thats true?

A takeover would probably lessen ourr debts, plus a guaranteed injection of money.

Just to add, the board also annoyed me when they rejected kroenkes offer of a cash injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom