• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
btw, what is the overall status of our transfer dealings this year? about £25 mill in and £15 out? in addition to a significant wage cut. henry and ljungberg probably have close to 180k-200k a week cobined.

seriously, are we just broke or does wenger seriously think the current squad can challenge man u and chelsea next season? if the latter, then he's delusional...

It's called keeping the books balanced, actually making the club money instead of losing it, until the stadium debts are cleared.
It'll be hard to service that debt if we're not challenging for trophies. you have to speculate to accumulate and gambling our success on winning cups is ludicrous.

belgianfan

thegame24 said:
Tbh with what we were told by Eldeman, we should have about 50 million to spend.

Somebody must be lying cause there is no way in hell we have that much to spend yet not bringing the players we really need.

A start striker and a star winger

Indeed mate and I think it's net edelman who is lying, I really think it's Arsène who doesn't want to buy big, maybe he got scared with the reyes transfer?

We must have money, our debt is structured. If we had to pay off this debt in the comming years without strenghtening and hoping we did good, than I call that the stupidest move we could make.

Big_Cake

thegame24 said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
btw, what is the overall status of our transfer dealings this year? about £25 mill in and £15 out? in addition to a significant wage cut. henry and ljungberg probably have close to 180k-200k a week cobined.

seriously, are we just broke or does wenger seriously think the current squad can challenge man u and chelsea next season? if the latter, then he's delusional...

It's called keeping the books balanced, actually making the club money instead of losing it, until the stadium debts are cleared.

so why the hell do people oppose a take over if thats true?

A takeover would probably lessen ourr debts, plus a guaranteed injection of money.

Just to add, the board also annoyed me when they rejected kroenkes offer of a cash injection.

You just said Wenger wouldn't spend a lot of money on talents if he had it, which is fair enough, so from that perspective only we don't need a takeover whilst Wenger is here as well have enough money to sustain him

kym7224

kel varnsen said:

and plus reyes sale, we have at least 15M.

Christofaux

Good business would not see kronke just give arsenal money. Theres more behind it which has been explained excellently before to you thegame in the takeover thread but you still dont listen.

sabret00the

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

A takeover would probably lessen ourr debts, plus a guaranteed injection of money.

Just to add, the board also annoyed me when they rejected kroenkes offer of a cash injection.
the takeover deals which has been levied at our board aren't about external investment. they're about taking our more loans and doing things in a different way in order to increase profit margins.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

isn't the debt scheduled to paid over the next 25 years or so?

not to mention, edelman and hill-wood have, in the past, claimed that our transfer budget would increase, not decrease, as soon as emirates was up and running. the added revenue would be more than enough to make up for the loan payments...

Gurgen

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

It's been explained about 10000 times by various people that a takeover would not clear any debts as any person buying Arsenal is looking to make money, not lose it.

sabret00the

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

not to mention, edelman and hill-wood have, in the past, claimed that our transfer budget would increase, not decrease, as soon as emirates was up and running. the added revenue would be more than enough to make up for the loan payments...
they lied. or maybe that's too harsh. basically the money is available but it's in a buffer zone. knowing the man wenger is, he'll leave that money alone in case we fall short for loan repayments and thus that money goes there. basically the board said what the fans wanted to hear but we won't see that money spent under our current management. so being able to challenge the likes of AC Milan financially is true, the books say so, but the reality is, our manager has no desire to do that.

Christofaux

To get the loan for the stadium they wouldnt of been able to put repayments down to more then they could afford living at highbury, so the extra funds that come in from emirates ontop of what we would normally have earned from highbury would be considered the profit, therfore we would still be making money.

Nutsy

Established Member
Meh, I can't believe the amount of drivel being put out here. I agree that Freddie was indeed a great player. That's about it.. WAS..I was puzzled to see he actually moved to West Ham, ****, how much were Fiorentina offered? couldn't be less than 3 million now isn't it?

All I know is, Freddie has left. Now, I think what he showed to Eduardo the other day, (looked like tickets or chewing gums) think it was

Freddie: "Eduardo mate, you can have my season tickets, I don't need it."

Eduardo : " Why? where are you going?"

Freddie : " To Italy.!!"

Oh wait a sec...

thegame24

Established Member
Its all bollocks really.

As a fan I feel i have been lied to.

Wenger has many times said before i dont have the money, meaning somebody is blatently lying.

whoever that is, is holding back arsenal as a football team, and something should be done.

This is ridiculous, whos next to go and take the piss? Gallas?

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

Could be, or they could be lying.

Either way, it's pretty clear to me what the current situation is. We have money but prefer not to spend it unless absolutely necessary. We have various smart businessmen on the board and another very smart businessman as our manager, so chances are they know what they're doing. They are not delusional as some put it, and there is probably a reason behind everything they do.

Big_Cake

Gunners_Nadz said:
Meh, I can't believe the amount of drivel being put out here. I agree that Freddie was indeed a great player. That's about it.. WAS..I was puzzled to see he actually moved to West Ham, f**k, how much were Fiorentina offered? couldn't be less than 3 million now isn't it?

All I know is, Freddie has left. Now, I think what he showed to Eduardo the other day, (looked like tickets or chewing gums) think it was

Freddie: "Eduardo mate, you can have my season tickets, I don't need it."

Eduardo : " Why? where are you going?"

Freddie : " To Italy.!!"

Oh wait a sec...

Your on form today Nadz! What are you smoking?

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Im not happy in sense I thought Freddie if he left would not go to a british club.
I wish him all the best

kym7224

sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

they lied. or maybe that's too harsh. basically the money is available but it's in a buffer zone. knowing the man wenger is, he'll leave that money alone in case we fall short for loan repayments and thus that money goes there. basically the board said what the fans wanted to hear but we won't see that money spent under our current management. so being able to challenge the likes of AC Milan financially is true, the books say so, but the reality is, our manager has no desire to do that.

100% agree to sabre on this. Even we have that famouse emergency loan 40M.

But Wenger has no intention to do it that kind of way.
Now we have 15M to spend (add reyes sale) we will look on around 10M winger on the market maybe.

Christofaux

thegame24 said:
Its all bollocks really.

As a fan I feel i have been lied to.

Wenger has many times said before i dont have the money, meaning somebody is blatently lying.

whoever that is, is holding back arsenal as a football team, and something should be done.

This is ridiculous, whos next to go and take the piss? Gallas?

At the end of the day Arsenal are a business not your play thing.

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:

Exactly, and long term it's the right decision.

I much prefer sound planning than spending millions on clowns like Quaresma and Torres to appease our FM addicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom