• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Its all bollocks really.

As a fan I feel i have been lied to.

Wenger has many times said before i dont have the money, meaning somebody is blatently lying.

whoever that is, is holding back arsenal as a football team, and something should be done.

This is ridiculous, whos next to go and take the piss? Gallas?
You have £5000 in your bank. That will cover your mortgage repayments to the end of the year. You see a PS3 limited edition available signed by Arsène Wenger and the Arsenal Team going for £500. Depending on how old you are, you'll either wait till you get paid, pay your bills and if you got enough left buy it. Or you'll just eat into your mortgage buffer.

No ones lied. it's just different people see things in different ways.

Chips&CurrySauce

Brilliant news as far as I'm concenred. Freddie has been **** for over 3 seasons now and as Jgooner has said I'm just amazed he stayed so long, whilst the likes of Patrick and Pires & Edu, were allowed to leave.. Neverthless his gone now and I'm pleased, never been a freddie fan, always a player with huge limitations as far as I'm concenred.. It'll be nice if Wenger brought in a replacement, but the fact Freddie is gone is good enough news for me. Watching him play was painful and quite frankly those step overs were embarrassing.. The problem with Freddie is that he believed his own hype..

Big_Cake

Why are you all discussing takeover stuff? There is a thread for that, and its boring, it reminds me of Maths class back in the day

thegame24

Established Member
You do realise if this is the boards way of speeding up the repayment, we will be selling players year after year with nothing coming in

that would also take like 5 seasons too, and its not like we have many players left we can sell.

If that really is the case, the board are killing us, Emirates ticket sales should be enough to pay off the debts along with highbury.

Hurting the team will just leave us ****ed in the long run, it only took 3 years to dismantle the unbeatables, what next?

Fabs out, RVP out,

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
btw, what is the overall status of our transfer dealings this year? about £25 mill in and £15 out? in addition to a significant wage cut. henry and ljungberg probably have close to 180k-200k a week cobined.

seriously, are we just broke or does wenger seriously think the current squad can challenge man u and chelsea next season? if the latter, then he's delusional...

It's called keeping the books balanced, actually making the club money instead of losing it, until the stadium debts are cleared.

isn't the debt scheduled to paid over the next 25 years or so?

not to mention, edelman and hill-wood have, in the past, claimed that our transfer budget would increase, not decrease, as soon as emirates was up and running. the added revenue would be more than enough to make up for the loan payments...
they lied. or maybe that's too harsh. basically the money is available but it's in a buffer zone. knowing the man wenger is, he'll leave that money alone in case we fall short for loan repayments and thus that money goes there. basically the board said what the fans wanted to hear but we won't see that money spent under our current management. so being able to challenge the likes of AC Milan financially is true, the books say so, but the reality is, our manager has no desire to do that.

Exactly, and long term it's the right decision.

I much prefer sound planning than spending millions on clowns like Quaresma and Torres to appease our FM addicts.

you don't think there is some middle ground here? either we spend nothing or splash out £30-40 mill on torres and quaresma?

fact is, our squad is very thin in several areas at the moment. added depth is needed. not to mention, the balance of the squad is still very wrong. both in terms of abilities and experience...

Meatwad

kym7224 said:
sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
btw, what is the overall status of our transfer dealings this year? about £25 mill in and £15 out? in addition to a significant wage cut. henry and ljungberg probably have close to 180k-200k a week cobined.

seriously, are we just broke or does wenger seriously think the current squad can challenge man u and chelsea next season? if the latter, then he's delusional...

It's called keeping the books balanced, actually making the club money instead of losing it, until the stadium debts are cleared.

isn't the debt scheduled to paid over the next 25 years or so?

not to mention, edelman and hill-wood have, in the past, claimed that our transfer budget would increase, not decrease, as soon as emirates was up and running. the added revenue would be more than enough to make up for the loan payments...
they lied. or maybe that's too harsh. basically the money is available but it's in a buffer zone. knowing the man wenger is, he'll leave that money alone in case we fall short for loan repayments and thus that money goes there. basically the board said what the fans wanted to hear but we won't see that money spent under our current management. so being able to challenge the likes of AC Milan financially is true, the books say so, but the reality is, our manager has no desire to do that.

100% agree to sabre on this. Even we have that famouse emergency loan 40M.

But Wenger has no intention to do it that kind of way.
Now we have 15M to spend (add reyes sale) we will look on around 10M winger on the market maybe.
it's not a 40m loan, famous or otherwise. well people in the media and on the internet famously show their lack of understanding with regards to the nature of this facility. arsenal don't borrow money to fund transfers.

Gurgen

Established Member
We have spent money this season ffs, and we will probably buy another winger. It's not 'everyone leaving and no-one coming in' thegame24.

Get a grip.

Christofaux

I really believe we need to bring in an experienced premier league player to replace freddy. We wont have time to let players adapt. It seems every season the squad is still adapting.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
thegame24 said:
You do realise if this is the boards way of speeding up the repayment, we will be selling players year after year with nothing coming in

that would also take like 5 seasons too, and its not like we have many players left we can sell.

If that really is the case, the board are killing us, Emirates ticket sales should be enough to pay off the debts along with highbury.

Hurting the team will just leave us f*d in the long run, it only took 3 years to dismantle the unbeatables, what next?

Fabs out, RVP out,

What are you on about. You need to seperate smart business from plain ****. Wenger saw Henry and Freddie as past it and rightly so. And being on such a wage its best to take them off it. It wont make us worse as a team to loss those two trust me.

Selling Van Persie, or Fabregas to speed up repayments will never happen because that will make us worse.

We wont sell our players like they are products who are only here to bring us profits. We will sell smartly and so far we have done that.

thegame24

Established Member
Once again SHUT UP with the FM addicts talk

what has signing top players got to do with FM?

if anything the FM addicts are those who want us to sign unknown players or players who are good in FM and **** in real life like Tuncay.

FFS.
and btw, torres and quaresma are **** on FM anyway

and i never wanted torres at arsenal when we were linked to him

im asking for players like anelka and tevez, robinho etc, **** all to do with FM.

asajoseph

Established Member
At the end of the day, long-term success is built around developing a product, not short-term book-keeping.

Balancing the books is one thing, but we'll lose far more in the long term if we can't put bums on seats. We did ok this year, but already in our second season at the Emirates, club level ticket sales were slower than expected.

Financial success in football is built on success on the pitch.

Gurgen

Established Member
thegame24 said:
im asking for players like anelka and tevez, robinho etc, f**k all to do with FM.

Exactly my point.

We should pay 30m for some overrated Argentinian ponce with a scar on his neck to keep you happy?

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
At the end of the day, long-term success is built around developing a product, not short-term book-keeping.

Balancing the books is one thing, but we'll lose far more in the long term if we can't put bums on seats. We did ok this year, but already in our second season at the Emirates, club level ticket sales were slower than expected.

We've not been relegated yet have we?

The team is stronger now that it was last year. Not because of signings, but because the younger players have all improved. That is the biggest step forward we've taken, but I guess it's not good unless there's a big price tag attached.

Big_Cake

asajoseph said:

It is still stupidly hard to get a ticket for a game, I tried loads last season (I am not a red member anymore). The only game I got a ticket for was West Brom away, and I couldn't go to that because I was sick in the car on the way up and had to be taken home.
My point is I am sure, even if ticket sales are slow among 'member's there are plenty of other 'civilians' who would be willing to take their place

Sammer

Established Member
Beany said:
Didn't do well in Europe?

Well, apart from that CL final then...

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to Freddie building a great team at West Spam. I'm also looking forward to finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And watching a gaggle of flying pigs blot out the sun over Upton Park. And seeing the appy ammers bank a brass farthing from the Tevez deal. And watching Dr Eggman kiss and make up with Kia.

I was about to post a "so farewell then Freddie.." post till I saw this s***e.

Jeez, after all, Frediie was such a big superstar when Arsène plucked him from Ikea FC or wherever...

:arrow: :shock

Exactly my sentiments.

Inflated Ego + frustration (not being good enough any more) = talking BS at a press conference.

It just shows a lack of style. Why tell the press about it anyway? Because they will deal with it in a proper way. Can´t wait for the coming tabloid headlines.

AFCG7

Established Member
Robinho seems an interesting idea now that Freddie has gone.. but with the Robben deal still up in the air i dont think we can sign him at the moment.

Christofaux

thegame24 said:
Once again SHUT UP with the FM addicts talk

what has signing top players got to do with FM?

if anything the FM addicts are those who want us to sign unknown players or players who are good in FM and s**t in real life like Tuncay.

FFS.
and btw, torres and quaresma are s**t on FM anyway

and i never wanted torres at arsenal when we were linked to him

im asking for players like anelka and tevez, robinho etc, f**k all to do with FM.

Hes worse then a FM addict... i reckon hes one of those people who buys fifa and stats all his players to 99 because they arent as good as anelka, tevez, robinho.

Basically you want us to sign galacticos... you really havent learnt much form wenger have you?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
asajoseph said:

It is still stupidly hard to get a ticket for a game, I tried loads last season (I am not a red member anymore). The only game I got a ticket for was West Brom away, and I couldn't go to that because I was sick in the car on the way up and had to be taken home.
My point is I am sure, even if ticket sales are slow among 'member's there are plenty of other 'civilians' who would be willing to take their place

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you eat too many sweets on the way up?

Get on the membership scheme and it's a piece of p'ss to get hold of tickets. Seriously.

qs

Established Member
I wouldn't say Freddie was forced out but I'm sure there was no effort made to get him to stay I'm also sure Wenger told him he wasn't ahead of Rosicky/Hleb and maybe even Walcott.

As for Freddie's comments well I don't know. Why bother commenting on it. General lack of class these days is shocking. Whatever happened to "I'm a West Ham player now and I want to move forward and do whats best for my new club, next question"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom