• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Nothing too shocking really, but still.

Asa, Wenger can't convince his players we're going to be competitive? Freddie is leaving Arsenal to be competitive at West Ham? :lol:

Those are nothing comments really but like you say after 9 years here sometimes it is better to say nothing at all. We always gave him our support and his performances over the last two seasons to be fair have been pretty shocking and he should be happy he is even at this club. His wages were huge but from a commercial point of view I can imagine many birds/homos being impressed with his CK ads so that possibly bought in a fair bit of money

Big_Cake

prires_ljungberg_henry.jpg

What a pic. Three icons of Arsenal football club, all gone. :(

Christofaux

By Freddy saying he wants to be competitive i really do think he means him personally competing for a starting spot as opposed to being on the bench, but i do have freddy tinted glasses on.

awooga83

Established Member
Oh well onwards and upwards its hard to believe they have all been consigned to history but they have and we have to look forward to what promises to be at the very least an intresting season.

thegame24

Established Member
robinho can play wide, or allow us to play a wing forward which is the future these days, the classic winger is dying out.

we could have gone for ribery, but thats gone.

quaresma is still young but has as much talent as ronaldo.

babel is gone

mancini is still available, though i would prefer quaresma or robinho.

malouda glad we didnt get

robben but chelsea will never sell

swp, but he rejected us for chelsea so no

simao, maybe a realistic prospect, i do wonder whether hes strong enough though, but he does always seem to change the game for Portugal when he comes on.

messi................................................. :D

i stil wish we had pires, hes still class.

martin petrov, technically maybe not good enough, would do well at Sp**s though

Reyes but hes a **** and underperforms too much

gotta think of more wingers, like i said they are dying out

Gurgen

Established Member
Did it ever occur to you that Wenger is not bidding for some of those players because he doesn't rate them or can get a similar player for half the price and less?

Christofaux

Also thegame you really should stop thinking you know what wenger has to do, bsaically you know the furthest from what he has done. Your only setting yourself up to be let down because we aren't real madrid.

thegame24

Established Member
so winger out and nothing in

yea that would be a very smart move.

Did it ever occur to you that Wenger is not bidding for some of those players because he doesn't rate them or can get a similar player for half the price and less?

well where are they?

And he does rate robinho, he was very close to signing him before real snatched him

awooga83

Established Member
Perhaps not anymore though and as for winger out well I don't think we are in any different a position then before we sold Freddie so if he had plans then for a new player we will see that happen. Freddie was not going to play a major roll this season.

longrufus

Established Member
I suggest we wait and see what Wenger does first...

Would agree with Asa in that we are in a position where over paying for a player leaves us in a better scenario than not bringing anyone in at all.

Like Kel says, we are in a strong position financially. As always if Wenger wants £5m for a player, the board will make money available, if Wenger wants £15m, the board will back him and make the money available.

thegame24

Established Member
if he wasnt injury prone he would have played a part in many games.

and another thing about wenger not rating the players i mentioned

id take anyone one of them, just so that i dont have to see ****ing diaby on the left wing

Christofaux

Freddy also left today... a couple of hours ago, and theres a friendling coming up to help prepare our current players.

What dissapoints me is we didin't get a game where we know its Freddie's last... not necessarily a testimonial but just like the last game of the season. He just becomes another transfer statistic.

Christofaux

thegame24 said:
if he wasnt injury prone he would have played a part in many games.

and another thing about wenger not rating the players i mentioned

id take anyone one of them, just so that i dont have to see f****g diaby on the left wing

You know what the difference is between you and Arsène Wenger? i honstely dont think you see the difference. Arsène Wenger is Arsène Wenger and you are not.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
It seems that every thread of late is spiraling out of control into a glorious train wreck of internet oneupsmanship. Why do people have to be so inflammatory? Just relax, wait a few weeks and see what Wenger does. No one knows for sure if he's going to buy someone to replace Freddie. To be honest, Freddie did close to nothing last season....how hard is that to replace? Why is everyone so upset about Freddie's comments? If he wants to piss and moan, let him.

To me, players who leave and continue to comment on the club really just miss it here. Why do Pires and Paddy constantly go on about the club? Because part of them wishes they were still here, and they know they were let go because Le Boss saw their play slipping, and they don't want to admit that to themselves.

Let's relax. We're all Gooners, we all want the best from the team. It's foolish to kill Wenger over "not signing a replacement" when Ljungberg has been gone for less than a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom