• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Well the Angel di Maria thread just got closed due to it been a hoax (good grief - Gooner against Gooner).

So, a few here were desperately looking for another winger - instead we lose one. I think we really need one now.

morpho

Established Member
dublingunner said:
I'm pretty angry at what Freddie said in that press conference. Yeah it's difficult to say "I wasn't good enough any more" so therefore say nothing about why you left rather than insinuate that you were misled into thinking we were going to buy a lot of superstars. I seriously doubt he was EVER put under that impression. Everyone but a fool knows what the policy is. I mean, if he had been producing in the last 2 seasons then fair enough maybe you've a right to talk, but he has done very little to justify his wages in that time and he comes out as if he's the one who's been robbed! It puts a very bad taint on what should have been happy memories. He wasn't even provoked into saying what he said, he came with it completely off his own bat.

Good luck taking West Ham "to the top of the country" Freddie. You'll need it.

totaly agree! maybe im beeing childish here but my respect for Ljungberg vanished now! I mean, he had a good 9 years at the club and i thank him for that but please... do a reality check here - you went for the money, not your ambitions on the field...

sabret00the

Established Member
jay-d said:
...it's important now for the rest of the squad to not let any of the negative vibes seep in and for Wenger to counteract Freddies comments and bring in a wide player who will challange for a starting berth and not another youngster.
we needed that even with freddie here. let's just hope that this removes the last bastion for excuses regarding wingers. i refuse to believe that it's an actual plan that had forethought behind it, that Diaby will get some wing time.

dublingunner

Established Member
I'd be very surprised now if we didn't bring in a wide player. There definitely is no excuse now. We're practically flush with cash and everyone agrees the need is there.

mood

dublingunner said:
I'd be very surprised now if we didn't bring in a wide player. There definitely is no excuse now. We're practically flush with cash and everyone agrees the need is there.

Wenger did say he'd add 'if needed'. Well, we are in need now. The sooner he signs a player the better.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
So when Rosicky gets injured in the first ten minutes of the Fulham game and is out for two months, who plays on the wing? Theo? Diaby?

We MUST buy a winger now, surely?

Biggus's main man Hleb.

fab4girl

Wow that was sudden (yeah i know i am late). I dont know about any of you but i was not at all expecting him to go to WHU, maybe to some club who would compete for European football, but WHU!? wtf!??

And i read the comments of his press conference and its really annoying how one month back he was saying how the Arsenal's youngsters are so good and now this...whatever happened to some honesty..

anyways good bye Freddie.

dublingunner

Established Member
West Ham are looking at upper mid-table at best next year. Which is probably about Freddie's level. That and the fact they're a London club with a rich owner who won't mind paying his wages means it was probably the right move for him.

fab4girl

WestHamLjungbergPA_468x305.jpg

heh i should be sad seeing this pic but its kind of funny..their heads :eek:ops:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
eggert magnusson looks like humpty dumpty with gremlins' ears.

btw what's freddie's number? 7?

kel varnsen

Established Member
so which of freddie's comments are so hard to swallow then? it can't be:
"Two years ago when I signed my last contract [at Arsenal] we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club. Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe. For me that didn't really happen.

as this is pretty much how most fans think as well.

kel varnsen

Established Member
strong last year. disappointing this year. maybe freddie expected more. anyways, i don't really see how his comments could 'anger' you.

dos1986

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
so which of freddie's comments are so hard to swallow then? it can't be:
"Two years ago when I signed my last contract [at Arsenal] we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club. Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe. For me that didn't really happen.

as this is pretty much how most fans think as well.

Agree.....unlike Gallas,he didnt lie and become overly dramatic...he told the truth,that we have went backwards and Arsène isnt really doing anything about it...

Its crazy really,how some are so relaxed.....

Like Gurgen said in a previous post....if we go into the season with Gallas and Kolo as first choice Centre Backs and dont sign a winger or a commanding Centre Back....then Arsène has lost the head.....having Van Persie or Gilberto out for a period of over 2 months could see ous in real trouble.....he's playing with fire imo,and he's going to get burnt...

awooga83

Established Member
Well I have never spoken to Wenger one to one where he has made promises, not in the real world anyway :p so even if i held that view it wouldn't be true as Wenger never promised me big players he always talks about adding super class if they see any that would add something to the team. Plus being fans who invest something of ourselves tangible and intangible into the team our criticisms will be because we want the best for Arsenal long term. Not to mention he is just having a pop because it looks like he isn't totally happy with moving on, he can't say i'm leaving because i won't be first team or am not happy with my roll as the boss thinks i'm past it, its because Arsenal cannot keep up with my competitive edge.

thegame24

Established Member
im more angered that its how another player feels, yet we are fed bullshit by the club and over optimistic fans (who most of btw dont believe we can sign big players)

very odd fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom