• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

banduan

Established Member
Of course, Fred said a LOT of nice things about us in the interview and the press just highlights the two most antagonistic lines.

guinertron

Gunner Ossie said:
My views on freddie are well known, so all i can say is "about bloody time too".

in summary , only two good seasons out of ten and those two where only down to the quallity of bergkamp's through ball. Freddie was a nice bloke but an average footballer, and its just hilarious that most of those who previously defended him tirelessly just couldnt get him out the door fast enough only 18 months later.

I thought class was supposed to be permanent?

Finally someone else who feels the same. He was a nice guy but really enough is enough. Get over the Invincible's thing now its, done, over, gone. Who shows more ambition a 30 year old with dodgy hips and a serious decline of pace or a manager who does not let sentiment stand in the way of what he believes is best for the club long term. Is it a shame that the likes of Denilson, Walcott etc will now get a chance to fill their boots? I do think Ljungberg has delusions of grandeur. Yes he scored some important goals but does the guy think he was giving anything like he did four or five years ago.

Wenger sits him down, tells him he has some kind of future but its behind Hleb and Walcott
etc. His over inflated ego gets a dent and of he goes. IF was such a marketable player how is it ONLY West Ham showed any serious intentions. Everyone else felt like Arsène that he does not now represent good value for money. If Ljungberg was to be completely honest with himself he would admit he was not up to the job anymore. But as said EGO.
Glad he has gone should have gone last year and as for ambition Freddie? West Ham?
im sure you have got 70,000 reasons to think they are ambitious. ****.

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
...and sorting out or form against the 's***e teams' is done in no time? of course, it would be worse if we struggled against the better teams, but i don't think it's just a question of mentallity and underestimating the other teams. if it were, we would surely have improved our performance against these so called s**t team during the last season. we didn't.

Sure we did.

At the end of the season we were winning the physical and tactical battles but couldn't finish our chances. Now we have a fit squad and have signed a proven goalscorer.

Let's wait until the football has started before passing judgment.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I am sick and tired of people keep refering back to the invincibles. We have a new team now full of young promising players. Let's get behind the team and end all this nonsence we are not good enough anymore, because imo we are!!! :roll: :roll:

Big_Cake

RocktheCasbah said:
Big_Cake said:
arsenal_hleb said:
everybody who don't knows arsenal well or ljungberg well would say arsenal would fall apart after their legend leaves.

ljungberg alone said we are going backwards and won't win anything so he left. yeah, but after he leaves our chances go up

I wholeheartedly disagree.
It would have been better to keep him as a squad player, he is a good utility man, was pointless selling him. Utterly pointless.

Keep repeating pointless if it makes you feel better, I can't help but think you're missing the, um, point...

We got £3m for a evidently knackered, very limited footballer- with that we have knocked a huge amount off the wage bill.

Freddie left Arsenal because we hadn't delivered? Bollocks, Freddie left Arsenal cos he's past his best and he's been offered 60k per week for 4 years. End of.

And you say I'm missing the point?
We need a good, deep, squad to win things, you seem to be suggesting that I am advocating playing Freddie as first choice, I wasn't. When our first, or even second choice wingers were injured Freddie could have stepped in, he wasn't totally useless last season, he still worked hard and to coin a phrase 'he could have done a job'.
He was also experienced, ok you got me on the wage bill, but thats it. And that doesn't matter an awful lot, its not as if we coudn't afford it and we probably would have got the money back in media revenues considering he is model and swedish team captain.
Also when did I say Freddie left because we hadn't delivered??
Why is it pointless to say he is a good squad player?

qs

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
One last question for you - what makes you think we will finishe above WH this year? You must be pretty confident with what we have assembled.

:lol: Seriously?

I've read some pretty pessimistic things on here in recent weeks but this one takes the biscuit.

cescthebest

Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
...and sorting out or form against the 's***e teams' is done in no time? of course, it would be worse if we struggled against the better teams, but i don't think it's just a question of mentallity and underestimating the other teams. if it were, we would surely have improved our performance against these so called s**t team during the last season. we didn't.

Sure we did.

At the end of the season we were winning the physical and tactical battles but couldn't finish our chances. Now we have a fit squad and have signed a proven goalscorer.

Let's wait until the football has started before passing judgment.

Fantastic reply, lets wait and see before judging, some of you guys need to become managers, because your footballing knowledge is greater than Arsène.

guinertron

qs said:
_scorpion_ said:
One last question for you - what makes you think we will finishe above WH this year? You must be pretty confident with what we have assembled.

:lol: Seriously?

I've read some pretty pessimistic things on here in recent weeks but this one takes the biscuit.

haha... what make us think we will finish above West Ham? COMMON SENSE!!! get real matey. A team who spent all of last season relegated until Old Trafford with a manager who seems to have a knack of putting teams in the bottom half of the league. Oh yeah Bobby Zamora!!!

awooga83

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
What I don't get is the expectation of some people; Play for us and don't say a word if you really care, be a professional; The player leaves while saying things, people say, if you really cared why did not a word while still with us, which one is it now !? or is it dependent upon which player some dislike more, or is it dependent on some fans refusing to admit the existence of such issues in the first place, they actually move the goal post whenever it suits them to avoid facing those facts.

My point was why did he make the comment now is that difficult to understand, why did he apparently bite his tongue if he cared so much before. Also Freddie going was not anything to do with him really the reality was he wasn't needed anymore so him saying he left because of is silly to begin with, he said what he did now as a little under the table dig. I didn't form my opinion from the press i watched the interview and posted straight after. Its the timing that I distrust if he was honest he would say i'm not quite good enough thats why i'm moving on but obviously the way he choose means he doesn't have to say that.

Biggus

Established Member
Awooga- why do you think that first Thierry and then Freddie both long term servants, Arsenal through and through, leave under a cloud of Bitterness? Something must be wrong at the club, this is not the Arsenal way.

qs

Established Member
Biggus said:
Awooga- why do you think that first Thierry and then Freddie both long term servants, Arsenal through and through, leave under a cloud of Bitterness? Something must be wrong at the club, this is not the Arsenal way.

Neither left "under a cloud of bitterness". Thats a ridiculous statement.

People are blowing small comments out of all proportion. The red tops have taken over yer brains.

thegame24

Established Member
What do you know Qs?

stop always talking like you know everything

We have heard statements from gallas, henry and now Ljungberg all with similar piints about the troubles at arsenal

awooga83

Established Member
No your right Biggus its not the way hence why I was disappointed.

It is difficult to say I mean I think both have their reasons for saying what they did and both I feel centered around neither of them being honest. Thierry wanted to go to Barca since before the champions league and he made the decision to stay under the duress of the champions league where maybe he felt personally responsible.Freddie maybe just realised he had slipped down the pecking order.

I don't know what happens behind the scenes with pormises and contracts so I don't know what impact that is having but maybe its part of the Dein leaving thing maybe as has been said with him being the players friend they are still hurt about the way he left and this is some kind of way of highlighting that was wrong.

otfgoon

Established Member
Biggus said:

How did Thierry leave under a cloud of bitterness? He wanted to go to Barca, its as simple as that. Freddie being told he isnt wanted or needed anymore, he has to go to WEST HAM, that would make anyone bitter.

The posters in this place have a bigger imagination than a group of 5yr olds.

guinertron

"Cloud of Bitterness" what a bunch of crap. They both had their time and it was time to move on there was no dark cloud or ulterior motive. I do wish people fans the press and who ever trying to make more out of situations than there is. Wenger felt it was time to move to a new generation of players. He won't have shipped them out lightly and if players ain't willing to give 100% **** them off. Henry has all sorts of things going on by the sound of it.

And i'm sure some of you on here slated Henry and Ljungberg for being past it. Once they have gone we are in crisis. You can't have you cake and eat it. I for one am very excited by the prospect of Cesc. Theo, Robin and Co. causing havoc, we gave United a slap at Old Trafford and had the Blue **** for 70 minutes.

I've been through the 87, 89, 91 team break ups the 98 break up and this one. Its football this happens but its how a club rebuilds what is the most important thing, not who has left and is having a *****. Just because Sky Sports Talkshite AM and whoever else wants to make a stories out of nothing about the state of the club. And ex-players, who may i add were not "Super Stars" themselves before joining the club bleat on about not having star names and then have a ***** when they have been farmed out means nothing. What matters is that the manager is the one who knows. If he really felt Henry and Ljungberg had a future he would have done more to keep them.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE STUFF OUT OF NOTHING AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

Biggus

Established Member
Aww come on fellas! I just want to know your opinions on whats going on, and surely we must all accept that something is going on/wrong at club at the moment. If Henry wasn't bitter about something he would still be with us. After the CL final he spilled his guts, and now hes made a 180 degree turn, he wasn't forced out. Likewise Freddie- Wenger said he wanted to keep him. As I say these guys were happy here for years and then they just decide to leave?
Then you have Gallas shooting off his mouth and young Cescy watching his bad example and deciding to try it himself.
God help us if Jens lets go. :shock
Wenger must see that its Vieira, Pires and Bergkamp all over. I mean to lose so much experiance (for various reasons) so quickly for a young side is disasterous for morale and confidence and theres that word stability again.

Well if everything is fine, Tell me- Biggus you're crazy- this is just a normal summer........it must be just me. :?

PS Qs I don't read red tops I'm not that crazy. :wink:

qs

Established Member
thegame24 said:
What do you know Qs?

stop always talking like you know everything

We have heard statements from gallas, henry and now Ljungberg all with similar piints about the troubles at arsenal

Excellent contribution as usual. How you were allowed out of the lobby I'll never know.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Biggus said:
Aww come on fellas! I just want to know your opinions on whats going on, and surely we must all accept that something is going on/wrong at club at the moment. If Henry wasn't bitter about something he would still be with us. After the CL final he spilled his guts, and now hes made a 180 degree turn, he wasn't forced out. Likewise Freddie- Wenger said he wanted to keep him. As I say these guys were happy here for years and then they just decide to leave?
Then you have Gallas shooting off his mouth and young Cescy watching his bad example and deciding to try it himself.
God help us if Jens lets go. :shock
Wenger must see that its Vieira, Pires and Bergkamp all over. I mean to lose so much experiance (for various reasons) so quickly for a young side is disasterous for morale and confidence and theres that word stability again.

Well if everything is fine, Tell me- Biggus you're crazy- this is just a normal summer........it must be just me. :?

Of course there is something wrong, it's just that ... what can WE do about it?

I think we as fans just HAVE to have our heads under the sand a bit or would all be depressed.

Ok, Biggus ... repeat after me .... "everything is fine, everything is fine".

Now read these words by AW in the Mirror taday.

"In the wide positions we can play (Aleksandr) Hleb, (Theo) Walcott, (Tomas) Rosicky and (Emmanuel) Eboue. So we have plenty of players."

See ... even AW has used this chant.

whoztheman

No doubt freddie spoke the truth...but the thing is he dint need to. henry pretty much said the same thing when he left, Gallas only has bad things to say and now freddie. It has a demoralising effect on our youngsters and portrays a doom and gloom image to outsiders. Not the kind of talk you want to hear if you want your players to go into the season with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom