• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club Crest

thegame24

Established Member
i like it.

cannon isa bit big but it looks more traditional then our new one.
its also missing some blue.

oh yea why wernt we able to copyright our original badge ??

goonerlove

I can't get to the site - geocities gives me some traffic error (exceeded allocated data transfer)...

Goonerlove

AlexH

Can't access it at the moment (says it will be available again in an hour) so can't comment, but I'd love to see them make more from a marketing standpoint of the crest. You see NY Yankees baseball caps all over the place (got one myself!), it would be brilliant to see the cannon (without any words) starting to appear on baseball caps and clothing across the world...it is cool enough to do so IMHO. Hopefully the new clothing distribution deal with Nike may help this start to happen.

Mark

Established Member
i really like it. a perfect combination of the traditional one and the modern one.

GoonerLuke

Yeah, I remember seeing that crest before and wanting to know what website it was on.

I think it's about 10x better than the current crest, definitely more traditional.

BUT, does anyone actually think that club will even consider changing the crest in the next 10 years? I don't see it happening even though there has been a major push made by other supporter groups to get a crest change.

The current crest isn't that bad, it's just not that good. The club deserves better.

Thanks for the link Marky249.

PolishGooner

I like it. Its very cool but I prefer our crest. A lof of Gooners were against new crest but I liked it since beginning 8)

SF Gooner

this is excellent. i hated the new crest, and it's taking me all this time to warm up to it. bu right away this new one catches my eye! a bit of the old with the new. Excellent!

The Mini

It's quite flambouyant (dont ask about the spelling), they should get a petition which means that they use that one but they can modify it as long as we agree with them

DOls

I love that crest: shape, colours and font.
It looks much better than our current one.
I wish we could have more classy badge with
elements of our great tradition and at the same
time fitting our modern times.

slight modification required, i.e. blue, otherwise i really like it.

we'll not change though... too much money spent on current crest plus not sure if we are allowed to anyway.... might also be seen by cynics and haters as a marketing/money grabbing exercise rather than removing current nonsense with something better.

Andrew

Like the current one way better than this... I especially hate the shape of it. The new logo it nice, simple and modern. If they really want to change the logo to this one then we might as well keep the old one.

leongsh

This crest came out as an alternative when the club wanted to change the crest 2 seasons back. There was a petition made to the club requesting that more fans should have been consulted on the updated crest. I thought this alternative crest is more reflective of the Arsenal traditions.

To date, I still have not warmed up to the new crest and it's highly unlikely that the club would consider a re-design so I'll just have to live with it. :(

MAK

Very classy indeed. I like the fact that it blends the traditional aspects such as the font and the motto with a modern feel. A great effort indeed. Now to get some support behind it. Huge email campaign to the club?

Top Bottom