• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Thierry Henry has announced his retirement from professional football. He has announced this on his official facebook page. <a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/ThierryHenry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/ThierryHenry</a>

After 20 years in the game I have decided to retire from professional football. It has been an incredible journey and I would like to thank all the fans, team mates and individuals involved with AS Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal FC, FC Barcelona, the New York Red Bulls and of course the French National Team that have made my time in the game so special.

It is now time for a different career path and I am pleased to say that I will be returning to London and joining Sky Sports. I will hopefully share some of the insights, observations and experiences I have learnt over the years with you guys.

I have had some amazing memories (mostly good!) and a wonderful experience.

I hope you have enjoyed watching as much as I have enjoyed taking part.

See you on the other side...

He'll now be joining SKY Sports as a pundit in 2015.

Excuse me while I go for a cry. :cry:

We are not and have never been worthy. The greatest Arsenal has ever seen will no longer lace up his boots to play the beautiful game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Great player, great professional, great guy.

Looking forward to his inputs on Sky, but please do not be biased towards us Titi :D

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'll take a bow to the greatest ever CF, I had the pleasure to be watching, at his very best. Unbelievable player, he's simply had everything.

Don't know if there's ever going to be another CF like him.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Bit gutted, I was hoping he would return here for six months so him and Wenger could return to Monaco together in the UCL.

BobP

Memri Fan
Best striker I've personally ever seen in my time alive and greatest player of the premier league era with ease.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Can't say it's the best forward I've seen in person but he's certainly up there. Easily one of my favourite players of all time though, such a **** but in the good way.

Iceman10

Established Member
Thanks for the memories Thierry, hopefully there will be more to come with a future return to the club in a coaching capacity. Meanwhile it's quite good to see an addition to Sky Sports of a player from the AW era, not United/Liverpool/Spuds and the Paul Merson's of the world who have a little axe to grind being forgotten a bit due to the way AW changed the club.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Always liked him on Sky looking forward to seeing him on s weekly basis.

Such a player always felt he was going to do something to make the difference in games.

blaze_of_glory

The man that made me truly love the game. Thanks for all the memories.

Going to be great to get his opinions every week thats for sure. Hopefully the dream of him coming back to Arsenal as a coach will still happen eventually.

Mastadon

Established Member
Its impossible to fully explain what made him great as apart from the skills, goals and assists he was also a very entertaining player to watch. Only Ronaldo 9 (ladyboy edition) is comparable as a striker in the modern era and personally I rate Henry higher. Bergkamp-Henry also has to be the best PL strike partnership ever.

He's a good pundit from what I've seen but that's a total waste IMO. He should be back at the club as a coach working with the strikers god knows Danny could learn a thing or 2 from him. Sitting around on match days talking to wankers like Jamie Redknapp and Rio is a complete and utter waste of time for someone with potentially so much to contribute.

trunks206

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Its impossible to fully explain what made him great as apart from the skills, goals and assists he was also a very entertaining player to watch. Only Ronaldo 9 (ladyboy edition) is comparable as a striker in the modern era and personally I rate Henry higher. Bergkamp-Henry also has to be the best PL strike partnership ever.

He's a good pundit from what I've seen but that's a total waste IMO. He should be back at the club as a coach working with the strikers god knows Danny could learn a thing or 2 from him. Sitting around on match days talking to wankers like Jamie Redknapp and Rio is a complete and utter waste of time for someone with potentially so much to contribute.

Couldnt agree more. I'm honestly surprised that he isnt coming back to help out AFC especially considering he recently came out talking about how he wanted to help us win the CL.

Maybe with the extra free time and the fact that Sky will likely have him breaking down our games, he see alot more of us, will quickly get fed up, and then he'll bang Arsène's door down and demand to mentor Danny, Ox and Theo.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
The true epitome of what it meant to be an Arsenal footballer.

What an amazing career. While the current "stats kings" might be Ronaldo and Messi, Henry is a throwback to a purer era of football. He is the King.

Our board better be doing everything humanly possible to bring Henry back home in whatever role he feels is suitable

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I remember when he left us for Barca in 2007 I felt even worse than when we lost the CL final the year before. I doubt I'll have such strong feelings towards one player ever again.

Hope we bring him back soon, he'll be a great addition to the Sky panel but eventually he'll want to become a coach and I'd hate to see him do that at some other team.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Mastadon said:

Hopefully this is in our future, it sounds likely from how he speaks.

Would love to see Bergkamp (with De Boer) and Titi come back to the club. The Dutch influence is already there in our youth structures.

Proof

Established Member
Thierry Henry is arguably the greatest Arsenal player ever and one of the best strikers I have ever seen. Congratulations on an outstanding career!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom