• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He can forget everything about becoming an Arseanl manager now. That's how ruthless Wenger is, thankfully.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He can forget everything about becoming an Arseanl manager now. That's how ruthless Wenger is, thankfully.

Yeah whether you agree with him or not, it makes sense that he's not gonna get much involvement at the club name dropping our current players to bash them in public.
Should've gone into management like Vieira or zidane instead of sharing a couch with Souness and carragher. You are the company you keep.

He is getting paid good money for churning out this ****, it's a no brainer for him doing punditry while getting his coaching badges.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Does anyone seriously want Henry to manage Arsenal!?
If it comes to a manager he has imo got to be quite smart and Thierry Henry never has stood out at all.
He may be not as stupod as the likes of Michael Owen but he is nothing special.

Livedk

Established Member
If it comes to a manager he has imo got to be quite smart and Thierry Henry never has stood out at all.

I think most of us want Bergkamp to rejoin our club, sadly it wont ever be as manager - not even sure assistant manager is realistic with him not flying.

if Henry was a serious option he would already be involved with our senior coaching staff - it wont happen in the next many years, doubt it ever will.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Carragher's fine as a pundit because he doesn't have a big an ego as the others and is up for having a laugh.

As for Henry, the King has left the building and become the court jester. Some of the stuff he said about us yesterday makes me think he's turning into Ian Wright.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
He's an intelligent enough man, he's settling into the role....might need 6 months to adjust (not like that hasn't happened before with Thierry Henry is it?). I think he's alright at it, I don't think he's quite as bad as some are making out and to be honest, he's more than earnt his right to an opinion on Arsenal as have Graham, McLintock, Merson, Smith, Adams and the rest of them. I might not always agree with what they have to say but I always respect their opinion, they've been there and been part of some of the best teams and performances in Arsenal's history.

There is of course the chance that he may well be right, maybe we do need four signings down the spine of the team. I like where this team is at currently, it's the most optimistic I've been about us for us for years, however, we're god knows how many points behind, there is still a lot of improving to be done both in the transfer market and keeping the players fit. He was right what he said about Chelsea. In a relatively short space of time they went right up the middle of their team and strengthened what was already a very very strong squad.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
When Henry covered the World cup for BBC, he seemed confident, made very good match analysis, won debates and made Savage appear more stupid than usual. However since Henry has joined Sky he has seemed nervous at times, mutters, back tracks, prone to using cliches and constantly lost debates to Souness.

"They need a goalkeeper, they still need a centre-back, they still need a holding midfielder and, I’m afraid, they need a top, top-quality striker in order to win this league again.'

The above comment made by Henry not only contradicts the heavy praise he has been giving Mertesaker & Coquelin of late but also fits the Sky Sports narrative that every team from second to sixth is under achieving, has had a disappointing season and the only way any team could challenge Chelsea next season is by bringing in 3 - 6 world class players (which is bulls*t). This football computer game like resolution media narrative encourages people to click on the sky transfer rumour stories and tune in to watch sky sports on transfer deadline day. It's not just Henry but Nevile sadly this season has fallen into the clone like, cliche using, out of date stereotyping punditry team for Skysports. That said the Skysports pundit teamis still better than Match of the day or the Premier league BT pundit team. The BT European football pundit team of Julien Laurens, Raphael Honigstein and James Horncastle is the only decent one (although Keown is probably my favorite pundit).

a_fourteen

Established Member
He's a very smart guy particularly when it comes to football. I would say he was the smartest striker I ever saw and that includes the likes of Ronaldo. He would tactically make a great manager. The problem is he is petulant, impatient and prone to outbursts. It is those qualities that will hold him back.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Like I have said , the bloke can say what he wants . Just don't expect to be welcomed back into Colney .

Bigbludfire

Established Member
When Henry covered the World cup for BBC, he seemed confident, made very good match analysis, won debates and made Savage appear more stupid than usual. However since Henry has joined Sky he has seemed nervous at times, mutters, back tracks, prone to using cliches and constantly lost debates to Souness.

I don't understand why people are so surprised. He's barely different to how he was when he made cameo appearances. The only problem these days is that he's covering 5 games a day straight away on a lot of players he's not aware of.

If people genuinely go back and watch his cameo appearances you'd realise his appearances are very similar.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Him talking about a spine, isn't that in line with myself any many others on here calling for Cech, Schneiderlin, Reus? Others wanting Kondogbia, Lacazette etc.

Is Henry out of touch with the club? With Wenger? Keown speaks like he gets it, sometimes he mentions how Wenger feels on certain situations - Theo etc, Henry I'm not sure.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Like I have said , the bloke can say what he wants . Just don't expect to be welcomed back into Colney .

Sorry maybe I missed some commentary this weekend but what the heck did Henry say that makes you say he can't expected to be welcomed back at Colney?

Can you give me a link to exact statements because your comment seems quite over the top ?

Thehulk

I love the bloke, will take a lot more than him giving his honest opinion to change that.

He's now a paid pundit, he has to take the Rose tints off, he does stick up for us at times though.

And we probably would win the league if we added the players he mentioned.

Revolution

He's right though.

Giroud isn't going to win you a league. He's good cover, but he isn't that fox in the box; his game played into Terry and Cahill's hands yesterday.

Coquelin needs help and question marks remain about the goalkeeping position.

The mentality above all needs to change. Need big performances, especially in the big games. Chelsea have that in abundance; say what you what about Mourinho and his team but they have character. And you don't buy that.

Danskin

Established Member
We could win the title with Giroud. Look at the form we've been since his return. We were also top of the league for large parts of the season last year and Giroud was our striker - of course he faded towards the end because we had no one to rotate him with. It's bs imo, we could win with him in the team.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Three of the four players Henry suggested we need bring in improvements for (Giroud, Ospina & Coquelin) have been a major factor to us being the most inform team in 2015.

I mean on current form you can't improve on Coquelin or Ospina you would only bring in a bigger name media perception player. Coquelin is out performing Matic and rest of the DM's in the league since the turn of the year. Ospina has been almost faultless even if you were to sign a prime O.Khan you still can't drop a keeper producing the stats (many clean sheets & very few goals conceded) that Ospina is.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
If people take off their tinted glasses and get over their nostalgia, they'd see that Thierry is an awful pundit. He backtracks and makes some outrageous claims. For one, against Burnley on SNF he was backing Giroud to the hilt,

Thierry on Giroud: "12 goals in his last 14 games, if it was someone else they'd say Giroud is the best! But for Giroud they don't say that, I don't get it."

Fast forward a couple of weeks... "Giroud is a good player who does his job extremely well... But Arsenal need to get in another top class forward." Do we?! I thought Giroud should be considered the best striker in the league?! Now we can't win the league with Giroud? Funny that.

Thierry on Özil: Last season when asked about the impact of Özil, Henry said; "he's an outstanding player, who makes everyone around him better. I had it when playing with Pires or Bergkamp, they make you play better, you want to play better. He's a world class player."

Fast forward to this season, he'd buy Cesc and put Özil on the bench. Would you now? I thought Özil was world class who makes everyone around him better? I'm guessing Cesc is world class-er and makes everyone around him better-er.

When it's going well for us he's lovely, we can win the league, we play the best football etc. When we have a bad result, we all of a sudden need a new spine? What happened to police detective Coquelin?

Also, if we buy a DM, GK and LW in the summer, we'd win the league with Giroud leading the line, of that I'm certain.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Bayern won everything with Mandzukic as their main striker, we can win a **** league with Giroud as our striker. But other areas of our team will need to see noticeable improvement for that to happen. Goals from the midfield have been sparse, our first choice rw has one goal and one assist in the league. Definite room for large improvement there going into next season.

Top Bottom