• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Looking for Arsenal related books - any suggestions?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
George Graham: The Wonder Years (if you can find it) written by One Nil Down contributors with contributions from Brian Glanville and Henry Winter

The End- History of the North Bank by Tom Watt

Rock Bottom- Paul Merson

The Glorious Game- Kevin Whitcher and Alex Fynn

The Professor (don't shoot me, everyone)- Myles Palmer

Behind the Network- Bob Wilson- best book related to Arsenal. Ever. IMVHO.

Have also read Mr Wright (Ian, obviously) but it's very tabloidy, George Graham's The Glory and the Grief which is very whingey and also tabloidy and Safe Hands (guess who?) which is plain dull.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Read Bob Wilson's, he really brings it home what Arsenal means to a player- also the chapter on Anna is heartbreaking- I felt so sad for the Wilsons.

GoonerLuke

I just bought Fever Pitch the other day. I wish Hornby would write something about the more recent Arsenal teams though.

If you enjoy ANR than The Professor is a good read.

I've heard Jesper Reese's book on Wenger is damn good, too.

Shirley

XxGoonaStuxX said:
Pires' Autobiogaphy

Its called "Pires - Le Footballeur" It's in english don't worry.

Could you please give me the further information about his autobiography???

As I'm from China, I'd like to know whether I'm with access to this book??? :shock:

torgrim

The club also has an official yearbook, available through the club and some online stores.

As an avid reader of 'serious' litterature, I found Addicted to be rather boring. Fever Pitch is marvelous and a must-read for all Arsenal fans, it is a great introduction to the club and the minds of the most devoted football fans.

koivu

I've read Fever Pitch and Pires' auto-biography, but 'en francais'...Called Profession Footballeur.

PolishGooner

I read Adams` addicted, now I`m reading seaman`s safe hands and looking for Pires` book. Also read Fever Pitch in Polish

Ally

Wenger - Making of a Legend by Jasper Rees is absolutely glorious.

The Glorious Game unfortunately, isn't really IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom