• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is Griezmann even a striker?Isn't he a wide forward,don't we have enough of those?

He can imo, works well as a second striker but can also function up front. Him, Alexis and Theo could all dovetail well. I posted about it in the "do we need a striker thread."

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rubbish. Saw a lot of Dortmund last season and he was the only good thing about that side. It's like saying Walcott is all pace, nonsense.

He's actually a good finisher, surprised me up front with his movement and link up play, can see why Wenger wants him.

He has a terrible conversion rate for a supposedly top striker, he hardly wins any duels in the air either. Giroud ahead in both categories.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Waste of money for the figures quoted. Theres some people clutching at straws on here imo

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Liked the look of this guy & he's super fast & pretty skillful. 29M seems a bit much for him now & not sure why Dortmund would want to sell anyway, unless they were getting an incredibly good deal. Wenger doesn't pay over the odds, so this seems a non-starter for me.

He's a winger/striker for which we have Welbeck, Walcott & Sanchez already.

I think he'd be a good addition to the squad but this seems more rumour mongering than anything to me.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think Podolski and Campbell might be on there way out and maybe Yaya would be loaned out or sold so there would be room for this signing.
Those players didn't feature last season bar an odd game here or there, they are not freeing up credible space. We have a packed squad we need to rid a member of the match day squad.

GabeGooner

They are not played out wide because of inadequate cover,it's because our formation requires the wide players to score more goals.Hence we use wide forwards.Griezmann perfectly fits that role but we already have too many players in those positions.
A wide forward is different to a striker and a winger. We have Sánchez as a wide forward and Chamberlain as a winger. Walcott is a striker and so is Welbeck. The only reason they operate out wide is because they're quick and are reasonably comfortable on the flank.

The fact we played Ramsey on the right when Chamberlain, Walcott and Welbeck were out injured shows our lack of depth in the position.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Come back to see he's being compared to Gervinho, lol, just admit you've never watched him ffs.

burnsjed

Established Member
Without wishing to sound pedantic, but Africa is actually a continent not a country.
No one would feel a need to compare a player from Chile to Paraguay or an Italian to a Belgium would they?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Africa is a country? PEA is nothing like Gervinho, he can actually ****ing strike a ball for starters.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Without wishing to sound pedantic, but Africa is actually a continent not a country.
No one would feel a need to compare a player from Chile to Paraguay or an Italian to a Belgium would they?
Africa is a country? PEA is nothing like Gervinho, he can actually ****ing strike a ball for starters.

floyd.png

thought it was sufficiently drenched in sarcasm for the internet but apparently not...

burnsjed

Established Member
Sorry DanDare, that fell well short of being obviously sarcastic!
Plenty of room for improvement!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom