• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

• Özil

• Ramsey

• Cazorla

Results are only viewable after voting.

sammy89

We just cannot play with the three of them on the pitch at the same time. Unfortunately they all come with great reputations and they have qualities Wenger loves, but we have to be practical now.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I'd say Ramsey. I liked the way Özil/Caz worked together at the end of last season. Besides, Ramsey's just not been all that great lately.

Henry4President

Based on how we played at the end of last season with Santi and Coq as the holding midfielders, it has to be Ramsey. Bums me out, as I love Ramsey, but he really hasn´t been that much lately.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Ramsey and Özil. Cazorla's been the best in the past 6 months and is the most consistent in what he does. As we miss the options of Wilshere and Rosicky to rotate though, I think that only Ramsey can be dropped at the minute, so Özil is worthy of another chance or two to not be the new Gervinho (bosses it in pre season and then...).

--------Coquelin-Cazorla
Chambo-------Özil------Alexis
-------------Theo/Benz

Theo out wide and Giroud or Benzema up top if Alexis isn't fit enough yet.

Liam Spencer

Özil, but he's too good for our eyes and comes with a lot of baggage which means he's among the untouchables.

Wenger will not drop Ramsey, which is why I fear for Cazorla and that has been my worry this season - Cazorla getting dropped unjustifiably for the likes of Ramsey, Wilshere and Özil, because they are the blue-eyed boys.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There's good reasons for dropping any of them, after that game though I'd drop both Ramsey and Özil.

Absolutely woeful.

Crew

Why the hell does Wenger move Cazorla to to the left again? like against Chelsea? Cazorla is the better player currently for us than Ramsey and he should play in the middle not Ramsey ahead of him.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

On current form Id probably drop Ramsey, although when Ramsey is fulfilling his true B2B role then no doubt it is Ramsey and Coquelin.

Tbh I think what might work is Santi as #10 and him rotating with Özil. And then Wenger has to instruct Ramsey to rein it in whilst he plays alongside Coq. IF that happens and the players work hard, our midfield would be devastating.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Wenger is like a crack addict for playmakers. He'll get clean for a little bit, get back on track.... But sooner or later, the thirst always wins.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey's looks to confident of his place in th starting 11. RW or CM he knows he'll play and tbh he hasn't been performing well enough to warrant that.

Drop him for now actually go with some decent wide players.

coffeeboy

We need all 3 really. I think they have to rethink their strategy for trying to break down a solid defence. Too many slow build ups again and the opposition gets all 10 men behind the ball.

David Smith

Established Member
I voted by mistake. I don't think either of them should be dropped. I think all 3 of them could work very well if we didn't have Alexis and either Theo or Ox available. But considering we do there's no harm in rotating betweeen Özil and Cazorla.

Mastadon

Established Member
Lets see what happens when Sanchez is back. He has to keep the Ox and.hopefully that means no more CMs out wide. Ramsey needs to be sorted out hes obviously let the purple patch go to his head and thinks he much better than he actually is. Someone like SAF would have sorted him out ages ago but Wenger just let's him do as he pleases. ***** actually believes he could play for Madrid one day Jesus Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good debate, here's my take;
  • Ramsey's performances have been shaky. Seems really indecisive. Times like these I'm gutted Wilshere is injured. Still, he's a real energetic player and probably our best CM on form, therefore he starts.
  • Cazorla, love our Spanish magician. He played well at CM last season but it never really seemed a credible long term solution. He can't play out wide anymore. Won't be a popular choice but for me he misses out.
  • Özil operates best at no.10 and can play passes no one else in our team can, we need him behind the striker.
It's unfortunate for Santi but he's stuck in an 'either/or' position for me. But two genuine wide players is needed, well lack potency and are continuously predictable.

eye4goal

Established Member
You know what you'll get with Cazorla, which is not the case with Özil and especially Ramsey. Its Cazorla plus someone in a 2 man midfield, or if you drop/rest Özil we could play Cazorla, Coquelin and Ramsey like we did away at City last season. Wenger will always start Ramsey and Özil whenever available though.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Ramsey has only been on form for a handful of games in the last year. Cazorla is really the steady tempo dictating magician we need in the middle until Ramsey comes back to planet earth.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom