• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Fitness Watch

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Forgot about him :lol:

Seriously though, Leicester signed Gokhan Inler for a reasonably small fee. Would he have been a worse backup than Arteta or Flamini? So frustrating thinking about the lack of business this summer.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Get Bielik in, honestly think he can't do worse than Arteta and Flamini. Atleast he has potential unlike Arteta and Flam who are at the end of their careers. Hopefully he gets a chance in the League cup game and impresses Wenger enough to consider it at least.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
He can be in no way, shape or form worse than Flamini or Arteta. You're spot on in saying he was poor away to S'ton, but one would hope he learnt from that experience. Arteta against Zagreb just reminded me of how poor he actually is and Flamini isn't worth the time or energy.

#ChambersForDM

I'd go for that, but won't Mertesacker still be out, suppose we could have Debuchy at CB. Although maybe Ramsey and Arteta or Cazorla with Chamberlain wide?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we end up dropping many points due to the lack of a good DM then I'm officially Wenger out.

Two seasons in a row of lost points due to negligence in the transfer window would get you sacked at pretty much any club.

This would be one step too far from Wenger imo.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
According to this mirror article.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/refs-should-wise-diego-costas-6481808

There was better news for Arsenal on midfielder Francis Coquelin, who extended his knee in the first half of Saturday's match and was replaced at the interval.

But the injury is not serious and it was in fact a tactical substitution, with the visitors down to 10 men.

It is understood there is no ligament damage and Coquelin could even be fit to face the Gunners arch-rivals Tottenham in a Capital One Cup tie on Wednesday.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

bryanYES.gif

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
But is Mertesacker back to full fitness, without Gabriel we really are up sh*t creek. I like Arteta but if he plays more than one game a week I guarantee he'll get injured, I'm sure of it.

Mertesacker has been training for over a week now! All he had was an illness, unless that car crash he was in had him in a dodgy state of mind.

Jae

We need Welbeck and Wilshere back to sort out our horrendous RW issue, and to get Cazorla out of the horrible B2B position.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Arteta and Rosicky should be gone at the end of the season. No point in keeping them, only to ensure our medical team stays busy after Diaby's exit.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Arteta and Rosicky should be gone at the end of the season. No point in keeping them, only to ensure our medical team stays busy after Diaby's exit.

Arteta is on a 2 year contract and would be a good 3rd choice in the advent of a 2nd/1st choice coming in next summer when Flamini leaves.

ScotVieira

Established Member

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Insane. Just looking up what was going on with Diaby and it looks like he could be back out on the pitch soon.

'We will wait until he is 100 per cent in every regard,' he told the club website.

'He is 100 per cent in some areas but not others. A player like him needs to be 100 per cent across the board.

'He cannot play on Friday because he needs to be right physically but also technically.

'He will train again from Monday through to Sunday.'

The article highlighted how highly rated he is still by some in France
Diaby rejected a move to West Brom in favour of a return to his homeland, which was described as 'a gift to the French league' by his former Auxerre manager Guy Roux.

'This could be the biggest coup for Marseille for a long time and it's also a great gift to the French league,' he told L'Equipe.

'Diaby is a fabulous player, well-disciplined and pleasant by nature. He has the kind of talent which has been sadly lacking from French football in recent times.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Marseille-debut-French-club-play-careful.html

I look forward to watching him out on the pitch again soon!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom