• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
One of our more disappointing players vs Barca, surprised he gets little mention.

Hasn't made the massive midfield impact I had hoped, both stats and performance wise. His normally underrated passing has been pretty poor, and his ball winning pretty tame. Let's hope he shakes off the injury and gets into swing soon (it was still recent to be fair), seems though as if his partnership with Cazorla really was best for him.

Still better than Flamini though :lol:

General

Established Member
He was far from disappointing and his opposite number Busquets didn't have a great game either. He should've committed a tactical foul on Neymar for the first goal but otherwise he was very disciplined. You could tell from his performance and that there were instructions not to commit silly fouls and bookings and this probably took away some of usual aggressive edge.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
He was far from disappointing and his opposite number Busquets didn't have a great game either. He should've committed a tactical foul on Neymar for the first goal but otherwise he was very disciplined. You could tell from his performance and that there were instructions not to commit silly fouls and bookings and this probably took away some of usual aggressive edge.

Think some of his wayward passing might have skewed the views on his overall performance a bit. I was particularly impressed with his dribbling, got out of quite a few hairy situations with a quick feint here and a small touch there.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think the fans helped with the passing last night. Every misplaced pass was met with groans.

Not exactly the support you need against the best team in the world. They only livened up when the ref made a call against us.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Defensively he was very solid, but going forward i expected better. He's normally a lot better than that at building play and making forward passes, but was very reserved and cautious with his passing last night.

Was still one of our better players, no idea why he got subbed off. One of the worst subs in Wenger's career really -shocking stuff.

Was good to see Ramsey Coquelin building as a very disciplined, solid partnership , but they're clearly missing the required technical ability to make it an effective pairing going forward.

nmn

It was interesting to see two of the best DM's in Europe playing on the same pitch. Coquelin's passing was superb as usual.
Seriously? Biscuit is the best DM in football no doubt, but Coquelin? he's nowhere near that list.
Edit: Coquelin passing was not superb let's be honest. His short passes were ok and didn't dwell on the ball but his long passes were inaccurate and he wasn't creating much.

Last edited:

nmn

Coquelin's the best DM in europe mate. Haven't you heard?
I was sarcastic on the forum yesterday and people thought i was serious. Now i myself thought you were serious when in fact, you were sarcastic.
My brain just farted

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I thought he was poor. Playing a more technical team he wasn't able to get his foot in like he does in the league. Barca were able to pass and dribble round him.

I remember thinking the same thing at Monaco last year. His distructive style works well in the league but in Europe against more technical midfielders it doesn't work as well.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
This guy... :lol::lol::lol:

What does he do? ****ing hell what an embarrassment of a footballer. He just stands there, and does nothing, even Flamini offers himself more for a pass.

Utterly ****.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Been **** since his injury, basically a younger Flamini right now.

Aevi

Hale End FC
**** is a bit of a stretch, but Coq is definitely too limited. Need a player with more than one role (regista/destroyer hybrid).

Squadie quality.

Giroud

Established Member
Covers ground, puts in flashy lunging challenges but his positioning is piss poor and does nothing in possession.

Been saying it for a while but he doesn't offer enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom