• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,080

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just saw this one:
I like the fact he's so direct. But also keep in mind he's 23 now, not exactly a "youngster" anymore. I dont understand why he hasn't atleast been tried yet. Has there been problems with his visa or something?
yeah, got his visa this summer, but went on a loan

Only thing I am afraid of are the fans. our guys don't like the flair players. It happened with Gervinho, Santos and even Arshavin. Fans would turn on him after two or three games where he gave the ball away or somesuch

Aevi

Hale End FC
Unsure about Silva, we have so much mediocrity at the RW position as it is. He isn't what we need at the moment, as he is yet to be at the level so many of us demand.

Can't see how we can slay Ox for not being a world-class attacker, but be happy to take in someone extremely unproven like Silva currently is.

Maxim

Wellington Silva is absolutely nowhere near first team standard. Not even close.

No amount of marseilles roulettes on the halfway line will change this.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just saw this one:
I like the fact he's so direct. But also keep in mind he's 23 now, not exactly a "youngster" anymore. I dont understand why he hasn't atleast been tried yet. Has there been problems with his visa or something?

Love his flair , you don't see many these days with this kind of feet . Games moving toward athletes not necessarily gifted footballers , who press and run all day .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like him, but he's gonna struggle without end product. Doesn't score or assist enough IMO. Potential is there though, but he will struggle IMO.

ricky1985

Established Member
I'm not a fan. He has great close control but lacks athleticism, speed and makes poor decisions. Don't think he has a chance here in all honestly. But I've been wrong before (many times!). :)

VancouverCanuck

Can we sell him to China for big money? I am serious. He's got to earn more than what we are paying him. Got bags of skills and tricks to keep the fan base there entertained. Win win all around.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Can we sell him to China for big money? I am serious. He's got to earn more than what we are paying him. Got bags of skills and tricks to keep the fan base there entertained. Win win all around.

We could , he'd be paid handsomely too .

ricky1985

Established Member
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160302/watch-fa-youth-cup-live-on-arsenal.com

gun__1456913512_AFCU18_711x400.jpeg

Chance to see a bit of Nelson, Jeff, Malen and the rest for free in Arsenal.com.

I'm gonna head down there with my girlfriend and show her the Emirates. Only £4 to get in or £2 for concessions. Although tickets need to be bought in advance and, even though they're opening up the whole of the lower tier, there's only a few tickets left in the East stand. If yoi can get down there and watch a game of football for next to nothing. Some proper talent on show from both sides.

ricky1985

Established Member
Bump. Just in case this got lost in the misery of yesterday's horror show!

Still some tickets left in the East stand and one block in the North Bank.

Can also be watched for free on Arsenal.com. 7pm kick off.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Might give that a watch actually, really enjoyed following the youth cup when we won it in 08/09.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd normally go to this seeing as it's at Emirates, but given I have a busy Friday and weekend ahead, might have to watch it on the laptop tomorrow instead.

I have a feeling Nelson won't start tomorrow and it will be Crowley, Reine Adelaide and Willock instead (don't know if Crowley is eligible - if not then hopefully Nelson does start). Mavididi might start too. Good that Sheaf is back though, other than his penalties lately he's been a miss when out. Sheaf/Bennacer will probably be the 2 in the pivot.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom