• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumped

He is a bit overrated by our fans because he excudes a lot of PASSION

Screaming and gesticulating to the crowd

Diving into tackles

Giving earfuls to refs and opponents

That said his actual technical skills are fine enough. The underlying fact is when a CDM is off form he's a liability since he offers little else. Coquelin is off form but on form he is a very important player. Sometimes I do wish he pipes down a bit. He does go over the top as we saw today. Use your brain a bit more and he'll go to the next level.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I forgive you Francis. You've been a rock until now. I'm still annoyed with you for this game, but i'm sure you'll be back with a vengeance.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This **** occurs so often because we don't ever drill the players on the other, intangible aspects of the game.

We have no street smarts whatsoever at the club. Just a bunch of honest nice guys playing the game in good spirit.

Admirable, but gets you nowhere at this level.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Why so much hate? He's made an error. **** happens. it's his first since last yr.

I wasn't surprised by his red card. We're Arsenal FC the best sabotage team ever. If it wasn't his red card we would have found an other way to make it difficult for us. :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
In fairness today, Wenger did warn him and he made a silly challenge. For the first yellow, he was fouled first. Maybe he should have gone down and got a FK instead of grabbing the ball. I think he'll be distraught because he's actually not stupid. Hopefully he comes back even better and focused.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some of the red cards we keep getting. Giroud against Zagreb, Gabriel and Cazorla against Chelsea. Mertesacker. This. all could easily avoided.

So much stupidity.
If someone added up the amount of red cards in 'big games' for each team we would be miles ahead.

We react so poorly to pressure.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Shouldn't be a nailed on starter, that's for sure. Would be suited as a squad/tactical option I think.
It depends on the system we are trying to adopt.

He's no worse than Matic, for me, and he's widely lauded as the best DM in the league.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He cost us today for sure. We were not running the game, but we in it in a very smart fashion, up until he got sent off.

You could see the desperation with the players and crowd and glee when he was sent off.

The joke however is how they couldnt cope with ten men towards the end however. I suppose that makes many on here so angry.

I dont like to go on the Sp**s are Sp**s mantra, but today they showed some bottling ability.

They, like us dont look contenders for the league, as Leicester do.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It depends on the system we are trying to adopt.

He's no worse than Matic, for me, and he's widely lauded as the best DM in the league.

Im beginning to feel that a pure grafter does not have a place in Europe anymore. Especially with the amount of tactics underway these days. What Le Coq needs to work on unfortunately is what he ha been trying to do before speaking to Pires. That is, better distribution ability.

Jamrock

I don't know what is wrong with this guy, he is always jumping into tackles like a lunatic when it is not necessary, he has got a bit of Flamini headless chicken stupidity in him.

Needs to come down, he always flies in and gets booked in the first half most games which puts a lot of pressure on the team for the remainder of the game..

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
You're not wrong. We need that elusive physical, tough-tackling distributor badly. But then we have done since about 2008...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom