• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Francis Coquelin: No Longer Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Cazorla is one of the few gifted 2 footed midfield players in the game. I baffles me to hear Arsenal supporters diminish his importance to the structure of this current Arsenal team. Without him there, we're void of a player who actually knows where and when to start the attack. The only player like him we have currently is Rosicky.
I'm diminishing his long term status as a starting CM for us. He's the best of the bunch right now, that's for certain. All i'm saying is that we should be improving on him. His importance to this side has been accentuated now we have cloggers in central midfield instead of him. But people get carried away like Cazorla is some elite CM :lol:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Come on man. I feel there is plenty on here that go completely over the top with Coq's "lack" of technical ability but to say he is not a good defensive player is madness.

It's all about opinions but I just don't get that at all.

Sorry there was a typo I meant defesively excellent not average ( my fault for writing a post 1-2am in the morning)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's what I mean though, I'd rather a player came in and did basically what Coquelin does..... but better if possible. I wouldn't mind someone like Saul to come in and play alongside him but NOT replace him. I'd ideally like 2 CM's who just sit there and protect the defence and that would allow the LW,RW AM and CF to play freely on the counter.

Well why not just save money and play Elneny and Coquelin all the time?

We need variety in midfield, especially with the likelihood that Jack will never be a key contributor. We need better distribution allied with defensive aspects, Saul is an extremely rare hybrid, Atletico want to offer him a new contract and I reckon he's got an outside shot of going to France this summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was it my imagination weren't we linked with Drinkwater over the summer ? :lol:

Been saying for 5 years we need a technically accomplished holder actually ever since I laid eyes on Busquets :lol:. What I realised about the press though you basically need 10 guys with a good first touch to be press resistant.

Trust me Saul is going to be an incredibly rich man's Busquets. Gonna be on a whole other level.

General

Established Member
Made an impressive 6 interceptions despite playing for less than an hour.
More than Flamini has made all season. He is our single most important player and really puts the bite in our midfield. Take him away and our balance is completely wrecked.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Criminal underrating of Coquelin in here. Best defensive midfielder in the league last season, best defensive mid in the league this season up until his injury. Most interceptions and tackles won, least tackles lost and a pass completion of 90%.

Perhaps we need a player that can compete for his role, but I don't see why we can't pair Coquelin with a midfielder that can spread play/ping it from deep, and still move forward.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm saving this post for next season and every motm performance he puts in .;)
And then you'll wake up. ;)

I'm refusing to believe he exists until I see him on the pitch, even then it might just be a figment of our collective imagination!

indy23

Bender would be Ideal, more polished up and a better passer imo. Otherwise the type of players you guys "want" are players everyone wants lol. Easier to find a proper CM to help Santi out. Rabiot is just one of those players Arsenal is linked with but ends up at United or City.

Don't know if PSG will go after Yaya or another midfielder in the summer but if they do... Verrati/Rabiot have to be seriously be given a proper offer.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Criminal underrating of Coquelin in here. Best defensive midfielder in the league last season, best defensive mid in the league this season up until his injury. Most interceptions and tackles won, least tackles lost and a pass completion of 90%.

:lol:

I love when you use stats. You've no clue how. So many lies.

He doesn't have the most interceptions and tackles. Many average **** players have more than him. The Villa DM has more, says it all really. So it means very little.

90% pass completion? I certainly ****ing hope so. The guy passes to the nearest man possible. And whenever he tries a long ball you'll be sure it goes out of play.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I really do believe Coquelin is a better DM than Cazorla is a CM.

He tackles and does nothing else. The guy is a nothing player. There are hundreds of his ilk and quality. Cazorla is a God in comparison, you're essentially saying Coquelin is a better footballer which is completely nuts. :lol:

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
:lol:

I love when you use stats. You've no clue how. So many lies.

He doesn't have the most interceptions and tackles. Many average **** players have more than him. The Villa DM has more, says it all really. So it means very little.

90% pass completion? I certainly ****ing hope so. The guy passes to the nearest man possible. And whenever he tries a long ball you'll be sure it goes out of play.
As I mentioned, he was leading the pack before his injury and that included the likes of Schneiderlin, Matic and Fernando. Then he didnt play for 2 months so I'm not surprised others have surpassed him.

In any case he's easily one of our most consistent players and not nearly as limited as people are making out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom