• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Can you imagine if we had Mourinho as manager like Arsenal Mania suggests, Iwobi wouldn't get a kick.

You aren't a football club if you don't develop youth.

I love watching guys like Iwobi come through the ranks.

I always enjoy watching us bring through academy lads, haven't done that nearly enough these past few years. Hope we get to see more of the youngsters as this season draws to a close.

Can you imagine if we had Mourinho as manager like Arsenal Mania suggests, Iwobi wouldn't get a kick.

You aren't a football club if you don't develop youth.

I love watching guys like Iwobi come through the ranks.

For some people its only about the trophies, while for others the true fans its all about the club and what it stands for!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't worry guys my Mourinho meltdown is finished. It was just a small phase.

But yes Iwobi, Fortune, Jeff, Zelalem, etc you don't want someone at the club who doesn't give these guys chances to shine.

Traitor to the cause.

How can you ask for Mourinho and pretend like it didn't happen? Embarrassment.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Called it a few games back that he'll be starting ahead of Theo and Ox. Hasn't got their pace but he's simply a better decision maker, excellent technique as well.

Not sure why he's clearly preferred to Campbell but I'm not complaining.

Maxim

Traitor to the cause.

How can you ask for Mourinho and pretend like it didn't happen? Embarrassment.

giphy.gif

adpree

Called it a few games back that he'll be starting ahead of Theo and Ox. Hasn't got their pace but he's simply a better decision maker, excellent technique as well.

Not sure why he's clearly preferred to Campbell but I'm not complaining.

For his age wonderful player easy on the eye. He had that's moment against watford, he took on 3-4 players in or just outside the box. No pace purely used his technique and skill to dribble past them. Reminded me of a former no10 who did a bloody good job for us.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I just hope that one of Iwobi, Adelaide, Gnabry, Zelalem, Akpom or Maitland-Niles will actually become a top player and be a key figure at Arsenal. It's a long way to go.
I hope they all get to the top an stay with us. I think Akpom is possibly the least likely atm.

Jamrock

Iwobi looks promising but he needs to start learning from the likes of Özil, campbell etc when it comes to final 3rd play. He never seems to see the picture, you can see players running in behind but he does not try those risky passes, he waits and waits then plays the simple obvious pass.

He has got to start working on his final 3rd pass... I am not yet sure what he is, is he a goal scoring attacker, a chance / assist player or he is just a transitional player who drives forward then lets the likes of Özil, Sanchez, Campbell, and the fullbacks to make the final pass into the box?

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
He is such a complete player, I'm glad for him! That goal was such a great array of attributes put together:

Intelligence to make the run just as we won the ball...
Pace to keep ahead of Everton defenders...
Touch to start movement with the ball...
Dribbling to move ahead well...
Strength to hold off the defense...
Finish to get it under the goalie.

Spectacular! I have no issue with him starting, more of one with Campbell being shunted out.

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Interesting how he can play as a CAM, winger, and striker all in one game, it comes from being so good in multiple departments.

Hope he settles on a position somewhat soon though, or else he'll be stuck in limbo somewhat like Chambers. What a player he is!

seanb85

He's brilliant in the final third! Are you being serious?! Also, note he ALWAYS passes into space, something Theo still hasn't figured out how to do. Any time Theo passes it a player has to check back, or not run into space. Very intelligent, really really really like this kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom