• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balance is key

****ing hell can't praise Iwobi without bashing an injured Ox.

Some of you are so off putting it's unbelievable.

Its actually hard, because Iwobi got something no player who has trained a lot under Wenger will ever have, unless it comes natural to him - he doesnt just blast the ball, he actually takes his time and tries to place the ball into the net with skill, rather than pace and luck.

Seeing him take a couple of extra touches if he knows the shot will be blocked or the angle is wrong is very exciting

GOONER1991

Established Member
I believe this kid. For all his technical attributes, it's his intelligence and confidence on the ball that makes me believe. Always showing for the ball, great touch and movement. Does not look out of place at this level at all.

Proof

Established Member
Alex Iwobi has been outstanding in the last few games. He picks the right moment to do everything and looks smooth on the ball. I would be satisfied if he will become as good as his uncle.

Wilshere's Right

He was fantastic and showed some good interplay with Danny. Is this, minus Cech, our current best team?

What? No.

Wilshere will walk into this team when fit. So will Santi.

Cech
Bellerin Kos Gabriel Monreal
Coq Santi
Alexis Özil Wilshere
Welbeck

El-neny is good but he doesn't offer us anything near what Santi does (nor Wilshere should Wenger choose to put him there). Iwobi is a superb talent and looks like he'll be a top player but he's 19. He will come in slowly.

nicky47

Established Member
He's been superb recently, didn't think he had it in him just yet to do stuff like he is. So happy for the lad, long may it continue!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but who would you guys compare him to at the moment?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Very silky, this boy is a talent. Very well rounded.

You have to wonder what goes through Ox's head sometimes. So far this season he's watched not one, but TWO, squaddies outperform him. Iwobi has matched Ox's tally for the season in the last three weeks.

I love Ox, but if this doesn't stick a rocket up his arse nothing will.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Becoming a goal threat, which makes me very, very happy. Showed an aptitude for box-play at U21 level, and he appears to be a player who can play in all the 4 attacking positions comfortably. He adds goals to that?

I guess what makes me even happier is that there is even more where he came from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom