• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In Nigeria, Arsenal or both?
I'm from Caribbean but I say both! :lol:

I hope I live to see an African team full of WC players win the World Cup, so the growing contingent of promising players coming out of Nigeria makes me happy! All they need is the right management IMO.

In terms of Arsenal, we have some very promising attacking players and central midfielders with potential and I'd like to see them get more opportunities as I think a select portion of them will impress similarly to Iwobi if given the same chances.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ox had 2 goals in his first 5 PL games too. :lol:

Iwobi looks great though, hope people don't turn on him when his form inevitably dips.
Fair enough tbh but Iwobi will have a better Arsenal career than Ox. I'll put my mum on that.

Reactions: A_G

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I really rate this kid, he's a proper Wenger player.
Agreed - it's interesting that he never really stood out to anybody but Wenger. The way he's been coached so far reflects this, and you can see now that he has broken into the side exactly why Wenger likes him so much. Intelligence of movement, technique and decision-making. Physically capable. Perhaps most exciting for me personally is the potential for end product. Could make him an invaluable squad member if he continues to improve!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Young players will go up and down with their development before they level out.

That said, sometimes it feels like I'm one of the few on the forum who takes things into consideration when judging young players.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Everyone knows that mate. Young players having ups and downs is up there with death and taxes. Always gonna happen.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Young players will go up and down with their development before they level out.

That said, sometimes it feels like I'm one of the few on the forum who takes things into consideration when judging young players.
You're not, I constructively criticized him a while back and people complained about it.

He's still a massive talent though, better than some of our other options at the moment.

Kotikalja

Two goals in two starts.

And Chamberlain still deserves to be in the squad? lol. He's had one hundred appearancess, seven goals. Seven.

Six appearances by Iwobi. Two goals.

But keep telling me Chamberlain deserves to be here.
Your posts get so much sad undertones with that avi. I always read them to myself with a sad voice. This helps when things are bad.

Kotikalja

I'm from Caribbean but I say both! :lol:

I hope I live to see an African team full of WC players win the World Cup, so the growing contingent of promising players coming out of Nigeria makes me happy! All they need is the right management IMO.

In terms of Arsenal, we have some very promising attacking players and central midfielders with potential and I'd like to see them get more opportunities as I think a select portion of them will impress similarly to Iwobi if given the same chances.
Nigeria should have held on to Lars Lagerback. They should have went to the last 16 in the 2010 WC. That guy is a great manager. What he has done with Iceland is fantastic.

Iwobi looks a great player. I refuse to get on the hype train though,we have seen this before. We can compare our Iwobi hype to the hype the mancs have for Rashford. Let's just seew hat happens.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
He's intelligent & calm on the ball. That's the sort of thing we haven't seen before from our youth. Enough to warrant a little hype.

Plus, he's been at the club since he was a child.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Monreal's forward bursts complement his inward movements and midfield participation so well. Loving it, looks like our academy has produced! Would say this has the potential to be better than Ox because Iwobi is bread-and-butter Arsenal and Wenger ball since the beginning, while Ox came from Southampton at 18. Could make a larger difference than it seems.

He has everything that I feel Martian at United is lacking. Will become the better player of the two, you can feel that for sure when you watch them play.

It not just that Iwobi loves the game. But the games loves him back, oh man the games loves him back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom