• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneh

Iwobi should signal the end of Walcott and Ox's careers at the Emirates. Iwobi scored as many goals in 3 starts as Ox has all season.

I'm sorry but you can't defend those two no matter how much spin you put on it. Fact is, there are plenty young players who could make through that are better. They just need chances, which the above two have had aplenty.

Clear the deck Arsène.. give others a chance.

Stoneh

He is such quality, I don't understand why we didn't use him from the get go, it's probably why we aren't winning the league this year.

That's because of Ox and Walcott mate. Absolute poverty. Hopefully they will be sold. These are athletes first, very low football IQ especially Ox.

Fallout

hopefully he doesnt turn into another oxlade-chamberlain. ox was at his best for us as an 18-19 year old and slowly regressed each season thereafter. he needs to stay injury-free and level-headed.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He had a contract till 2019. I don't see the need for this.

Depends which way you look at it. He was on 10k per week, do you keep him to it, get held over a barrel in 2018 or risk losing him in 2019. Or do you give him some respect and triple it now! I think we've done the right thing, 30k is a no brainer if it means extending to 2021 and no contact problems within next 2 years.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The money in football is crazy but I guess this is better than some club turning his head with money in a few seasons.

Wenger is the type to look after his own as well, as close to a father figure as you'll get in football.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Man United gave Januzaj a £60,000 a week deal after 2 league starts, all the top clubs do it.

Impact

Established Member
Of course, there's a need. His previous contract was that of a youth player, he's a bonafide first team player now and his contract should reflect that.

No, he isn't. He has proved nothing more than that he has good potential.

Depends which way you look at it. He was on 10k per week, do you keep him to it, get held over a barrel in 2018 or risk losing him in 2019. Or do you give him some respect and triple it now! I think we've done the right thing, 30k is a no brainer if it means extending to 2021 and no contact problems within next 2 years.

From what I have seen, he neither seems the type of personality to do so nor has the talent ceiling (like a Pogba) to demand anything preposterous from the club.

Man United gave Januzaj a £60,000 a week deal after 2 league starts, all the top clubs do it.

That doesn't make it right for the club or best for the player's development.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
No, he isn't. He has proved nothing more than that he has good potential.

From what I have seen, he neither seems the type of personality to do so nor has the talent ceiling (like a Pogba) to demand anything preposterous from the club.

That doesn't make it right for the club or best for the player's development.
Its a fair contract reflecting his stage of development and importance to the team, wilshere was given 70K if I remember correctly.
You need to look at players like Flamini, Walcott given wages they don't deserve. Giving a homegrown player a 20k hike is nothing to quibble about.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I'm not against the deal, he's promising so it's only right we protect ourselves from losing him. But it's crazy when you think about it. 19 years old, on 1.5m, for the next 5 years.

His future's basically sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom