• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 17

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Are you gonna play story mode with Alex Hunter or there is a chance we create our own player like NBA 2K16 game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are you gonna play story mode with Alex Hunter or there is a chance we create our own player like NBA 2K16 game.

Pre-set character, I'm surprised given that the best friend is white that you can't choose between the two.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/fifa-17-journey-interview-ea-sports-producer-story-led-rpg-mode-1564523

Did you ever consider having a custom player character?
We did, and we decided against it because customising the player seems like a simple, trivial thing, but it has ramifications through the story that are extensive. So, allowing that level of customisation can explode the scope of the work that we have to do, and the scope of the mode we're building. In terms of what people see, perhaps the bang isn't worth the buck. The reason we considered it was, we wanted people to be intrinsically attached to the main character of the story, and if you create that player you'll be more attached, but what we found was that the connection to the character came from the action, which is why one of our pillars for the journey is making sure that everything you do on the pitch and during the game is fed back to you, in your story. Having what the player does matter is more important for us.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Hahahah yes! Looking forward to press conferences with Wenger protecting Alex Hunter after yet another ****e performance! And Mourinho better keep Alex on the bench for three seasons before selling him to Preston. EA promised us authenticity.
Look, overall, mental strength, cohesion, interesting qualities, efficient. Only Wengs will feel authentic.

Godwin1

Very well-known

Not really much to go on here just the usual hype before every new installment.

Skip to 1 hour mark roughly for fifa.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hmmm I got really excited at the journey until I realised you only play as Alex Hunter, absolute rubbish imo. I have a feeling now, that they'll miss out so much on career mode and be a pro career mode because of this. Think it'll be the same **** modes but with this one mode that may look good but I bet it gets so so stale. Everyone will have the same 'Journey' bar the clubs they play for, apparently its only 2 seasons long.

blaze_of_glory

I think I'm over football video games. PES was a nice step up from Fifa this year, but just can't hold my attention. Too many more interesting games to play, and can just watch or play the actual sport instead.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think I'm over football video games. PES was a nice step up from Fifa this year, but just can't hold my attention. Too many more interesting games to play, and can just watch or play the actual sport instead.
These days FIFA is there just to have a mutual game amongst all my friends. Can't deal with the scripting anymore, it's maddening.

When I actually want to have fun I'll pick something like Uncharted over FIFA every single time.

blaze_of_glory

These days FIFA is there just to have a mutual game amongst all my friends. Can't deal with the scripting anymore, it's maddening.

When I actually want to have fun I'll pick something like Uncharted over FIFA every single time.
Yeah pretty much this. Except all my friends have "matured" past video games apparently and never want to play. Jerks.

I have a wife and kid and a full time job and still play ffs, my friends need to sort their lives out.

I don't like FIFA anymore... I think the game is scripted and has very hard time accepting it. Computer or multiplayer. I can't stand it.

The only game I can trust is Chess, but you can not play him online either.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Don't get why people always complain about scripting, never really noticed it myself but I never play single-player. I've only lost once in online season mode :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
Don't get why people always complain about scripting, never really noticed it myself but I never play single-player. I've only lost once in online season mode :lol:

Think scripting is a bad word to use, I'd describe it more as 'rubber banding'. In a sense, it's the game intervening to readjust the balance of forces in a particular match.

I've had that work blatantly in my favour once, that's when I truly acknowledged that it happened.

Think I was losing 2-1 or 2-0 against some guy who was using QPR and came back to win the game 3-2. FYI, he was dominating me, and I remember thinking I should've been down by more at half time.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Think scripting is a bad word to use, I'd describe it more as 'rubber banding'. In a sense, it's the game intervening to readjust the balance of forces in a particular match.

I've had that work blatantly in my favour once, that's when I truly acknowledged that it happened.

Think I was losing 2-1 or 2-0 against some guy who was using QPR and came back to win the game 3-2. FYI, he was dominating me, and I remember thinking I should've been down by more at half time.

I know what rubber banding is, but I've never experienced it in FIFA. The situation you mentioned happens in real life too, no?

I get what people are referring to, but I just don't think it's an actual thing. Dominating a match and then letting in a **** goal is common in football, you get careless defensively and they find an opening. Even worse, you dominate but your opponent gets a lucky break on a deflection/whatever and scores. It feels much worse when it goes against you and thus you probably remember it more clearly. I just smashed in the most * weak-foot long shot today with Bellerin when I was up 4-1 :lol: I usually win my games with 2-3 goals.

Football games are built on random **** happening, every shot and pass is a dice-roll. If people want something that truly rewards skill, then Rocket League is probably the best football game out there :lol:

LordBendtner

Its not only important to be a good skilled player. You also need your AI to make the runs and track back. I have been using a FIFA pros custom tactics lately and have kicked so much ass. If you just have it on default your players behave like zombies and therefore devrease your chances of winning.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Yeah pretty much this. Except all my friends have "matured" past video games apparently and never want to play. Jerks.

I have a wife and kid and a full time job and still play ffs, my friends need to sort their lives out.
Weird, the reason many adults won't play video games is because they never grew up with them. Rarely hear about people growing past them

BobP

Memri Fan
I know what rubber banding is, but I've never experienced it in FIFA. The situation you mentioned happens in real life too, no?

I get what people are referring to, but I just don't think it's an actual thing. Dominating a match and then letting in a **** goal is common in football, you get careless defensively and they find an opening. Even worse, you dominate but your opponent gets a lucky break on a deflection/whatever and scores. It feels much worse when it goes against you and thus you probably remember it more clearly. I just smashed in the most * weak-foot long shot today with Bellerin when I was up 4-1 :lol: I usually win my games with 2-3 goals.

Football games are built on random **** happening, every shot and pass is a dice-roll. If people want something that truly rewards skill, then Rocket League is probably the best football game out there :lol:

I think the variability, which is common in real life football is tied in with fatigue, exhaustion and the corresponding spillover into things like skill execution or overall concentration, which results in the ebbs and flows which characterize the game as a whole.

However, this is a console game, the player doesn't lose stamina the more they twiddle their thumbs.

When I speak of rubber banding, what I mean is absolute dominance of a player in one half and then in the next half, the players on the field bumble about and are inconceivably unable to strangle together more than a few passes in a sequence. Furthermore, they're ability to control the ball becomes somewhat similar to Aaron Ramsey's attempts to do so.

If what you're saying is that it's totally acceptable for such an element to be incorporated into the game, by EA, for the sake of realism, that's a valid POV to have.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

I think EA call it "momentum" and it's definitely the worst thing about FIFA.

It happens so often in manager mode, that's why I don't bother playing against the CPU anymore. You can be crusing in a game, then the 80th minute comes and suddenly the other team starts pressing with so much intensity. Not only that but your players start taking ridiculously heavy touches and losing the ball so carelessly. And don't get me started on smaller players beating big centre backs in the air, seen the likes of Messi and Victor Moses tower over Sergio Ramos and score in injury time. Makes it feel like the game is conspiring to make you lose or at least make it interesting.

Top Bottom