• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
he worked wonders with arteta.

Biggest myth.

Goals trump everything.
His purple patch, which only lasted 5 months by the way, was about him scoring goals. There were plenty of neg comments about his general play but every time he took a shot they were going in.
Therefore everything thing else got ignored and Ramsey was a considered a beast.

We seen it happen when TV when he first came. **** at defending but he was scoring goals so again, everything else was being ignored until he stopped scoring.

I've always said Ramsey is a decent player, but he's not Arsenal level if we are wanting to win things.
He'll do very well at an Everton or Southampton.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Biggest myth.

Goals trump everything.
His purple patch, which only lasted 5 months by the way, was about him scoring goals. There were plenty of neg comments about his general play but every time he took a shot they were going in.
Therefore everything thing else got ignored and Ramsey was a considered a beast.

We seen it happen when TV when he first came. **** at defending but he was scoring goals so again, everything else was being ignored until he stopped scoring.

I've always said Ramsey is a decent player, but he's not Arsenal level if we are wanting to win things.
He'll do very well at an Everton or Southampton.
It wasn't that he was scoring goals, but more-so that we were winning games and until that extended injury he was doing a lot of work all over the pitch in winning the ball and pressing tirelessly throughout the game. He would consistently cover the most ground each game by far.

Then he let it all get to his head and started mainly bombing forward without any regard for the team and his defensive duties reverting to a mediocre player he is currently. The PSG game was the first time in years that I've seen him play responsibly.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Early Arsenal Arteta was a dream to play with. We dont really have anyone like him now to take responsibility when Santi is down. Coq leads in his way but is limited.

The rest need to stand up as no matter which players you prefer in CM they have not yet shown the quality or consistency we need in such a vital position.

Just look around Europe at the midfielders in teams challenging... We are nowhere even remotely close.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

One up on that:

Robin Van Persie (Judas)

Yup he used to definitely for years , then he got it right . It's a craft in itself . That's why I rate Iwobi so highly he's already got that in his locker ,Bergkamp did , Rosicky did , Özil does .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Two words;

Alexis Sanchez.
Ah mate. When Alexis turns a defender with a moment of skill...then decides to turn him seven more times.

giphy.gif

Reactions: A_G

logic DC

don't you all get tired? The boy is **** stop with all these excuses plz. it is a mystery broader lining on stupidity on Wenger's part that a player who can't control a ball is in the arsenal squad never mind the first eleven. it getting to a point where i will avoid watching arsenal if he plays. seriously he makes me sick.

Olivier_Giroud

He is a one season wonder like Vardy. I always knew when he returns from injury, he will ruin our good run and team chemistry when he plays. He makes our club look like a championship level club. Almost every player dropped their form when he started to play, from Özil to Walcott, Iwobi. There is no point in Ramsey unless you are just gunning for 4th place. He is painful to watch, stalls our offence and infects his team mates, making them run around like headless chickens like the way he plays.
Have you forgotten how Walcott was playing at the start of the season? He was scoring goals for fun, then the abomination called Ramsey arrived. Walcott disappeared.

FreakySami

He covers a lot of ground and he actually plays the central box to box role better than many give him credit. He played well against psg. Yes there was a few moments of silly passes but he actually intercepted, tackled, pressed and pushed forward well. When Özil gets man marked by one or two players all game like against PSG, we need Ramsey to take responsibility and make late runs like he did.

People need to calm down about Ramsey. Yes he's frustrating sometimes but he's way better at box to box than many of our players, actually all our players

carlito'sway

Established Member
He covers a lot of ground and he actually plays the central box to box role better than many give him credit. He played well against psg. Yes there was a few moments of silly passes but he actually intercepted, tackled, pressed and pushed forward well. When Özil gets man marked by one or two players all game like against PSG, we need Ramsey to take responsibility and make late runs like he did.

People need to calm down about Ramsey. Yes he's frustrating sometimes but he's way better at box to box than many of our players, actually all our players

Come on mate....That is what we call the bigotry of low expectations. The dude did not play well vs PSG. Actually, no one really did, may be to the exception of Kos.
Ramsey has 59 passes the whole game, among then 17 in the final third, no key pass, no chance created. Please let these numbers sinks, 59 passes! He may be good in a free role/No 10 but as a CM in a dual pivot role, as we are playing now, he is borderline worthless.

Last edited:

RUS arsenal

Established Member
By the way, after looking at the replay of our 2nd goal. Isn't that Ramsey taking the shot that eventually pin-balls off of Verratti? :lol:

That can be counted as a key pass right? :p

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Hard to tell something about him.Maybe he had great talent and Wenger gave him chance in early days,but too many things went wrong to him.Bad injury,very bad period after that,good season,average play now.You would expect Ramsey to shine under Wenger,if he had real talent.At least Wenger knows how to improve some players.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
don't you all get tired? The boy is **** stop with all these excuses plz. it is a mystery broader lining on stupidity on Wenger's part that a player who can't control a ball is in the arsenal squad never mind the first eleven. it getting to a point where i will avoid watching arsenal if he plays. seriously he makes me sick.
World class posting.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hard to tell something about him.Maybe he had great talent and Wenger gave him chance in early days,but too many things went wrong to him.Bad injury,very bad period after that,good season,average play now.You would expect Ramsey to shine under Wenger,if he had real talent.At least Wenger knows how to improve some players.
Once you have a decent run in the first team under Wenger as a young player he'll have faith in you forever.

I think a lot of managers would have moved on Jenko, Theo, Ox and Rambo by now. Wenger will ignore multiple poor seasons and use one breakout season to vindicate keeping these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom