• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic

I think he will push either Welbeck or Walcott out of the club.

Otherwise this is a strange acquisition.
I don't think it was a strange acquisition in as much as circumstances haven't worked out for him. In the summer window it was pretty unanimous that we should buy a central defender, a centre midfielder and a striker, thereby strengthening the spine of the team. Wenger doesn't like throwing newly purchased players into the deep end right away so he put Sanchez up top to do a job until Perez got up to speed.

Unfortunately (for Lucas) Sanchez unexpectedly made a compelling case for himself as a centre forward, and Wenger seems to have a "if it works, don't mess with it" attitude to our lineup. With Walcott nailing himself on as our RW and Welbeck now returning from injury, poor old Lucas is now competing with 2-3 other players for any of the forward positions.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Interested to know where Everton would have played him with Lukaku.

Just another panic buy for us. Like when we nicked the Korean lad about to sign for Lille. Not signing a striker Wenger likes & trusts is his biggest fault especially when splashing 38m on a central midfielder. :rolleyes:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Some lovely, lovely passes today. I would love to see a Perez-Sanchez-Theo/Iwobi/Ox/Welbz line up vs. Watford.

Jack the lad

I thought he was a journeyman, he is not but he is not a WC footballer either. He is however a hardworking, very clever footballer, he will do well here.

seanb85

Just came in to say he was easily my motm today. Welbeck and Walcott will get all the plaudits for their goals but he was brilliant...

Works hard, selfless player and decision making was spot on. Always find it a bit strange when people say things like "he's not world class but he can do a job for us" as if we have a team of world class players. We have 2, that's it

Really want to see Wenger start experimenting with a front 3 of Alexis, Walcott and Perez as I think the movement and pace would be too much for any team in the league to handle

Impact

Established Member
Very good find by our scouts. As a late summer squad striker signing, you'll do very well to find a better purchase last summer. Really appreciate the maturity in his play. His composure gives him time to make smart decisions in the final third.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Very well-rounded player. Wenger was spot on, not only is he a clinical finisher but he combines very well with teammates, and he works damn hard too.

There's little not to like about this guy, I've enjoyed watching him play for us and his numbers don't lie. Gutted he didn't stick his chance away, 9.5/10 he buries that. Still, his pass to Alexis for Theo's third was a thing of absolute beauty.

He's been a fantastic signing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Impresses me more I watch him. Most underrated member in the squad right now - has proved highly effective and productive in our attack.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I can understand why Wenger wanted to slowly introduce him but now he looks ready to be a regular for us and we need his skills in the 1st 11. I would be extremely disappointed if we don't see a lot more of him in the coming games.

Him and Sanchez are like two greyhounds chasing after the ball in the opposition half, what a treat :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom