• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykes

If Allegri, Tuchel, are available, then Wenger needs to get lost. Otherwise, I suggest we give an extension and start planning for the future. The last thing we want is getting someone like Eddie Howe or Brendan Rodgers. I'd rather stick with 4th place trophy for the next 20 years than become Manure Mach 2.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cazorla , Welbeck , Özil and Sanchez (bloody hell so was Cech) were all quality signings , the rest were squad fillers. Very unfair to judge Chambers like that , he's is going to be a very good defender one of the highest rated youngsters in the premier league .
Don't necessarily disagree with you. Cazorla was outwidth the big money period so I never included him.

Welbeck while being a good signing was purely a squad player rather than an Alexis type first name on the team sheet. We already had Ox and Theo for the wide slot. So we had to simply sell one of those two.

Cech was a top signing but the season before we spent the money on Ospina. So if we knew Cech was available on a sweetheart deal why sign Ospina? Why not stick with Sczesney for one more year and have them two as keepers.

Our whole transfer business since 2013 is full of holes and lack of joined up thinking. We could and should have followed the model we followed with Özil. Signing one or two top class players each summer rather than over loading on depth particularly when we had no strategy to ensure those players we bought would get appropriate game time ie by moving on players.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
As of today, he doesn't deserve new deal. All fans should understand that, except those, who are guided by sentiments.

Only very strong run and performance in the Champions League can change my view, but I know, how it will end. Same as always.

In my eyes, Wenger would be bigger man, if he wouldn't renew his contract.
I'm tired of watching football with boredom. Same old same old should be our new slogan. These days It's tough to get excited watching football as Arsenal fan.

Irregardless of a CL run I am now firmly in the Wenger out crowd, a CL win would be a good send off

he gives rays of hope thru the misery at times, pulls a rabbit out of a hat and all that but I just don't trust him anymore

transfer wise we all know he has had his heyday, yes özil, sanchez are good signings but lets be honest, they are almost lucky signings

you really can't do any deals like he used to in the past. no Kolo Toures lurking in farawayistan. people got 4g before they have running water now, if you got skill as an 11 year ol you are already on youtube.

I am very aware and scared of the manutd effect of a long serving coach leaving, and the ups and downs. so getting the correct one straight away is KEY

a year or two out of CL and out of any league/cup will bleed us of players.

We need something new it is painfully obvious, we are playing donkeyshit at times, if circumstances change YOU adopt or die, and we are dieing a slow and painful death
When was the last time we had another formation?

I love Per and Santi but it is sentamental crap that they got new contracts here, long term injuries and old age. they sohuld have gone to China or the US and semi-retired.

we have a long line of players that are getting paid way above their contribution.

I've got two names
Diego Simeone and MArcelo Bielsa

The Gooner

I think anyone who trusts our board and owners to be ready with a suitable replacement for AW right now is living in a fools paradise. I have no doubt that Kroenke & Co. have no idea what to do if AW calls it quits after the end of this season. They have no plans for the club's future and no bloody idea as to how we'll be going forward!

If Wenger does indeed decide to quit this summer, I am 100% positive that the board and our owners will be in absolute panic mode and we'll end up having a Championship coach at worst and a mid to lower table PL coach at best as our manager.

The last thing we want at AFC is an unstable and panic stricken transition. We don't want to end up as a mid table club for the next 5 years.

The smart and sensible approach is to let AW stay as a caretaker for one more season, give him a free license to sign quality players in the upcoming Summer transfer window and in the meantime search for a qualified candidate. Seal the deal by next April with someone like Allegri or Sampaoli or Löw or maybe take a gamble and appoint a former Gunner like Bergkamp, Pires or Vieira. All three of them are into management at the moment.

Hopefully Wenger goes out on a high, if not, either way he'll get a deserved farewell. I think fans will be less aggressive this time around next year about bottling the league if they know that it's AW's last season in charge and that we will soon be getting a very good manager for the job.

Peace

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Every time I see the title of this thread in the main forum list, I hear a voice scream in my head "Noooooo deeeaaal".

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I've got two names
Diego Simeone and MArcelo Bielsa

Simeone would go to Inter first than come to us and quite frankly, I don't want his boring, robotic, brand of football anywhere near this club. Bielsa....hahhahahah, see Lazio last season. Plus he wasn't all that at both Marseille and Athletic Bilbao.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
False. It's from October 9th. It even addresses the purchases of Xhaka, Mustafi etc etc.
False again. Read the sources.
City and United, and Chelsea's transfer fee costs (again, you neglect wages, which is fair enough because you clearly don't get business) to assemble their squads are significantly more, due to multiple factors. But as clearly stated, Arsenal are well within their means to spend up to 220m without even discussing debt.
False
False, once again.

Can you even read? I'm starting to worry about you.
It may have been written in October but the only Arsenal accounts it's referring too is the one published in May 2016, because there weren't any after that. The half-yearly accounts aren't reported until February.

And my post was based directly on a quote from your source which I quote here again ad verbatim
'Although the net debt stands at only £6 million, thanks to those large cash balances, the gross debt of £233 million remains the second highest in the Premier League, only behind Manchester United, whose borrowings rose to £490 million, largely due to the impact of unfavourable exchange rate movements on the USD denominated debt.
Apart from the financial debt, it is worth noting that Arsenal also owe a net £42 million to other football clubs for transfers, though this is down from £66 million the previous year, and have spent more than £90 million on new players since the financial year-end.'

All this 'lying'stuff and 'can you even read' just shows what and angry f*** you are. It was the same last year, two losses in a row and a stack of posters on here just go to pieces spraying their panicky, angry sh*t around like a scatter gun.

I'm finished with this discussion. You can say our club is richer than National Bank Of Saudi Arabia and I don't really care. It's squad cost that counts, because that relates to quality on the pitch, not how much Kroenke may have squirrelled away.

At the end of the day the board needs to spend more to win this league, whether it's Wenger or a new manager in charge. The quality on the pitch is not up to the big 3, that was pretty self evident on a Saturday.

Preacher

Always Crying
If you have the 4th best record in Europe and best attacking team based on goals scored so far this season then yeah ,i'd say we are pretty slick mate.
You can call us the ultimate smaller clubs bullies. We are so for a long time, of course throughout the season you see 1-2 exceptions, but the times of real Wengerball are long gone.
The biggest problem- too little attention is given to the defensive side of football. And it won't change.
Simeone wouldn't be my first choice, but I would not be against it.

Last edited:

The Gooner

For Makingtrax and all the pro AW guys.

Look we all love Arsène for all the memories he's given us and all that he has done for the club. When he's gone it'll truly be an end of an era, not only for us, but also in English and European football.

However, as much as it hurts to admit, all good things have to come to an end. It's just how the world works! Change is the only constant. It's painfully obvious for the last few seasons now that the time is up for AW, he's void of new ideas, insists on playing an exclusive brand of football and is very stubborn to change his formations and tactics, he is arrogant with his selections and he tends to favor certain players over others.

I have suggested a solution for our managerial future in my thread but it seems people like Makingtrax insist that AW stay our manager for eternity. I mean do you really want AW to be managing us till he's alive? I'm serious about this! Do you actually want AW to never retire and keep managing AFC well into his 80's? If not, then can you tell us or give me a time frame till when you would like AW to remain in charge? Till he completes 25 years? 30? 40? Till when do you want him to be our coach? At least be specific!

Please answer my questions above, I'm very serious and would like to know till when you want AW to remain our manager? 2025?

Last edited:

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
If you have the 4th best record in Europe and best attacking team based on goals scored so far this season then yeah ,i'd say we are pretty slick mate.
Dunno which matches you watch then, there are not many where we play attractive football. Against Chelsea at homewe did, and we have odd spells in games where we are, otherwise, I don't see it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

For Makingtrax and all the pro AW guys.

Look we all love Arsène for all the memories he's given us and all that he has done for the club. When he's gone it'll truly be an end of an era, not only for us, but also in English and European football.

However, as much as it hurts to admit, all good things have to come to an end. It's just how the world works! Change is the only constant. It's painfully obvious for the last few seasons now that the time is up for AW, he's void of new ideas, insists on playing an exclusive brand of football and is very stubborn to change his formations and tactics, he is arrogant with his selections and he tends to favor certain players over others.

I have suggested a solution for our managerial future in my thread but it seems people like Makingtrax insist that AW stay our manager for eternity. I mean do you really want AW to be managing us till he's alive? I'm serious about this! Do you actually want AW to never retire and keep managing AFC well into his 80's? If not, then can you tell us or give me a time frame till when you would like AW to remain in charge? Till he completes 25 years? 30? 40? Till when do you want him to be our coach? At least be specific!

Please answer my questions above, I'm very serious and would like to know till when you want AW to remain or manager? 2025?
Hold on a minute . . where did that come from. :lol:

I'm pretty certain Wenger will leave at the end of season. And if we're going to get all these embarrassing banners and sh*t happening again, I'm all for it. He's been a good manager and I don't like to see him disrespected, is all.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
You can call us the ultimate smaller clubs bullies. We are so for a long time, of course throughout a season you see 1-2 exceptions, but the times of real Wengerball are long gone.
The biggest problem- too little attention is given to the defensive side of football. And it won't change.
Simeone wouldn't be my first choice, but I would not be against it.

Can you elaborate when you say "The times of real Wengerball are long gone"? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Also we conceded 36 goals last season, that is joint 2nd place alongside Leicester with both Tottenham and Man Utd joint 1st conceding 35 goals each all season. Not much a big difference there to say there is a defensive problem. Season before that Chelsea had the best defensive record conceding 32 and we were 3rd with 36 just behind Southampton with 33. So if you look at it on paper we actually improved based on those stats I just provided you with. I would say key players being injured at key times during the season has been our downfall in the past.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Are they only 'sensible' because they agree with you? Or maybe see where you're coming from?
Neither. I thought they were sensible because of what they're posting.

Although I may have been a bit hasty there :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom