• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Is he actually playing that well for Bournemouth? Like is he actually making them a better side? Cos every time I watch them it looks like they have no midfield, and get turned around far too easily. He's another one who has no legs or physical strength to compete against the best.

He is literally the heart beat of their attack. He most definitely makes them a better side - there's no question. He's had a better season than Özil IMO.

Sykes

Is he actually playing that well for Bournemouth? Like is he actually making them a better side? Cos every time I watch them it looks like they have no midfield, and get turned around far too easily. He's another one who has no legs or physical strength to compete against the best.
Good question. Haven't watched him that much at Burnley, but I do hope his performances aren't getting Overhyped. The only way we miss Jack is if he's putting in team of the season performances.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good question. Haven't watched him that much at Burnley, but I do hope his performances aren't getting Overhyped. The only way we miss Jack is if he's putting in team of the season performances.

The Burnley reference gives you away in that regard lol

Serious note though - I don't think its about him putting in team of the season performances - Snodgrass and Capoue have been doing that. I think its about whether he's either;

i) Better than the players we have who do the same thing
ii) Able to bring qualities that compensate for something we lack
iii) Prepared to fight for a first team place if neither of i) or ii) strictly apply

My concern with Jack is 1) I don't think he is efficient enough in possession and plays a lot of loose passes 2) His lack of pace to recover when that happens 3) Wenger's penchant for shoe-horning guys like him or Ramsey on the wing to give them playing time when they aren't good enough to play in the middle.

His misfortune is not too dissimilar to Gotze. Unfortunately injuries like they've had diminished their explosiveness.

Sykes

The Burnley reference gives you away in that regard lol

Serious note though - I don't think its about him putting in team of the season performances - Snodgrass and Capoue have been doing that. I think its about whether he's either;

i) Better than the players we have who do the same thing
ii) Able to bring qualities that compensate for something we lack
iii) Prepared to fight for a first team place if neither of i) or ii) strictly apply

My concern with Jack is 1) I don't think he is efficient enough in possession and plays a lot of loose passes 2) His lack of pace to recover when that happens 3) Wenger's penchant for shoe-horning guys like him or Ramsey on the wing to give them playing time when they aren't good enough to play in the middle.

His misfortune is not too dissimilar to Gotze. Unfortunately injuries like they've had diminished their explosiveness.
Looool sorry I meant bournemouth . 100 percent agree with everything you've said. I honestly don't think he is better than Santi at pulling strings from the deep. Sure he would've been useful to have at the moment, but truth is he was afraid of competition.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Looool sorry I meant bournemouth . 100 percent agree with everything you've said. I honestly don't think he is better than Santi at pulling strings from the deep. Sure he would've been useful to have at the moment, but truth is he was afraid of competition.

Spare me.

Jack knew getting 20 minute cameos here and there was never going to cut it if he wanted to get back to his best. The loan move was actually brave on his part because he could have just coasted here at Arsenal.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

He's playing in a poor team who are bang in trouble tbh. Nathan Ake was a key player for them, since Chelski recalled him I'm not sure they've won a game.

They've conceded three goals on multiple occasions this season and they've just lost their first choice striker to a long term injury. They're in tricky predicament.

That said, Wilsh has done his job extremely well. Everything good Bournemouth do starts or goes through Wilshere, and that's no exaggeration. I'm disappointed he's not scored a goal yet though.

The biggest positive is that he's shown he's capable of stringing a run of games together. I was seriously concerned he'd keep breaking down but he's looked in great shape.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If he cant make it here next season competing with Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey & Coquelin he never will. For a club our size its a dog ****e collection with no partnerships clicking & struggle moving the ball under any pressure.

It should be Jack +1 or +2 if we change formation.

OSBK

Established Member
If and I really hope he does, jack stays fit all season.

Comes back and saves wenger job and reputation next season and carries us to the title

Also with jack back we can swap Özil for lewondski

Ewarwoowar

Probably the best video I've seen of Jack so far..... you can see what his doing for a start.;)
Yes nice find, Has some shades of the old Jack, looks promising, has put some of my fears to bed, just needs to keep on keeping on and hope He stays fit.

Player of the season will do him nicely.

Relic

Jacks only has 2 assist this season, but anyone who has watched most of his games will tell you, it's only due to some **** finishing by the forwards that he ain't got more.

Another chance against Chelsea.... (sorry can't make a gif so go to 3min 52 to see the chance)

Ewarwoowar

Jacks only has 2 assist this season, but anyone who has watched most of his games will tell you, it's only due to some **** finishing by the forwards that he ain't got more.

Another chance against Chelsea....(sorry can't make a gif so go to 3min 52 to see the chance)

Then go back and watch the whole thing,, We could have done with some composure against them like that, so We could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom