• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Hope he starts a game soon, he has certainly shown his worth. I don't get why Walcott is getting starts just for semi-frequent goals when Perez has shown himself capable of doing that and participating in buildup. I feel like he's a player we always get a very solid performance out of, and that's something we've been missing recently.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He'll start vs Sutton. The main reason he doesn't start is because he doesn't offer overly much in behind and Theo offers a lot. Perez is more of a player who plays facing the back four rather than playing on the shoulder, I think it's hard to fit him into a position into our team. It's almost similar to the Podolski situation. Welbeck is more suited to replacing Theo should Wenger choose to drop the latter.

Let's be honest so far he's delivered against mostly mid-table, relegation threatened sides and a side who's barely CL quality. It's not like he's coming on a making a difference in big games. I also think his volley vs Bournemouth has slightly skewed peoples perception of him. Like someone said earlier the longer he stays on the mention the higher he is rated.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He'll start vs Sutton. The main reason he doesn't start is because he doesn't offer overly much in behind and Theo offers a lot. Perez is more of a player who plays facing the back four rather than playing on the shoulder, I think it's hard to fit him into a position into our team. It's almost similar to the Podolski situation. Welbeck is more suited to replacing Theo should Wenger choose to drop the latter.

Let's be honest so far he's delivered against mostly mid-table, relegation threatened sides and a side who's barely CL quality. It's not like he's coming on a making a difference in big games. I also think his volley vs Bournemouth has slightly skewed peoples perception of him. Like someone said earlier the longer he stays on the mention the higher he is rated.
That's fair, I do realize that he hasn't started against particularly difficult opposition. I wasn't saying he should be a starter though, and more that he should be given a chance in a bigger game. He has done well in such games as subs tbf.

On the topic of him running through the lines, he is capable of it, though you're right that he's more about positioning. Tbf we don't play on the counter much, so I feel Perez would typically be more useful but that's just speculation.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Actually think we need him now , someone needs to link a bit more with touches in the final third . Just an example Bellerin tried to link with Theo for a one two that would have put him clean on goal but Theo just wanted to be played through . The other thing we need someone who will attack the box not stand on the edge . He does both of these so worth a trial at least .

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

This doesnt happen often, but I fully disagree.
He does offer in behind, but his game is all balanced. He wont play on the shoulder all the time as it would be waste of his talent. he picks the moments when to do it, and is good at that.
Proved it before he moved to AFC, proved it here in little games he got.

He proved himself here already, and well deserves more games, more minutes. Its not his fault he is not getting chances against big teams. Every time he got his chance, he took it. Once he starts 3 or 4 big games, surrounded by the regular starters; then we can judge his output there. To say he hasnt proved himself in big games just doesnt make any sense. Its like my high school teacher blaming me for the mess in the class, even tho I wasnt even in the class that day.

For the conclusion, he Must play more. He well deserved it, and our game actually starves for a player like him

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think if he had started yesterday in place of Theo, we would have scored more by half time. He has shown in his brief appearances that he's a good finisher and creator, we had several chances yesterday and struggled to hit the target. It was Perez goal bound header yesterday that won us the penalty, he gets involved and makes things happen. He is nothing like Podolski who was lazy but with a rocket shot, Perez has flicks and touches that Podolski could only dream about.

karl

This is the very reason Perez should start against better opposition. The hit and run tactics of Walcott & Co don't work against better organised teams and you see him nullified when facing top teams. Perez offers something more creative and with a more varied goal threat. It is hard to judge just how good he will be until we at least try.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I like the fact that he has an idea of what's going on during play. He can dribble,run in behind,assist and poach in the box. He also does his job defensively. He has a very mixed box of tricks. He offers more than standing on the touch line waiting for the perfect ball and getting so few touches that he's virtually invisible. He deserves a proper chance at least.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I think if he had started yesterday in place of Theo, we would have scored more by half time. He has shown in his brief appearances that he's a good finisher and creator, we had several chances yesterday and struggled to hit the target. It was Perez goal bound header yesterday that won us the penalty, he gets involved and makes things happen. He is nothing like Podolski who was lazy but with a rocket shot, Perez has flicks and touches that Podolski could only dream about.
But, and that's a very big but. He can't defend if hus life depended on it. Yesterday they flew past him, every time they attacked down our right side...

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
But, and that's a very big but. He can't defend if hus life depended on it. Yesterday they flew past him, every time they attacked down our right side...
I saw Lucas in the FB position defending really well. He can defend but his fitness might be an issue as he's not had many minutes. Either way,Walcott does so little and it will be nice to have a player who can bring the ball forward by himself.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This moment against Everton sums him up on the defensive end:
qPnJdV.gif

fabo

6.51 / 10
This guy has a weird rep on here. Not seen much that convinces me he is anything more than squad filler - not really a ST or suited to our wide roles(like Podolski, Eduardo and others).

Scored against Basle, Forest and Bournemouth.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Tell us more.
Looks like we opted for the best striker available in the Vardy price range. Vardy was a 40m striker with a low buyout rather than a cheap ass striker.

Shame we never went for a player with the same electric pace or a striker Wenger trusted. Just 249 league minutes & all out of position really speaks volumes. 17m wasted & another hefty hard to shift contract.:mad:

Giroud

Established Member
He's a good player but another baffling transfer move from Wenger in recent years.

Sanchez is 28, Giroud is 30, Walcott is 27, Welbeck is 26 and he is 28. If he wanted cover while Welbeck was injured why not invest in a young player who can be developed into a first team player here? He clearly wasn't signed to have a first team role or else he would have played more often. Our attack is getting on in years and we have no young forwards to take over. If we don't start developing some young strikers soon we're going to run into massive problems trying to replace the whole attack in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom