• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We won't change formation, so I won't dwell on that.

To me, the key today is having aggression and pressure on their backline. If we sit and wait we will get destroyed.
We'll get killed if we throw ourselves up the pitch without caution. . .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm getting the sense that Özil is starting, but with a modified role. We might be seeing a new formation tomorrow.
Why? Just a feeling or have you seen something?

I would be happy to try Özil false 9, not sure anything else will work. Tbh nothing will work until we sort out the midfield.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
. . . . . . . Alexis

Lucas......Özil.......iwobi

.........xhaka..oxlade

Knowing Welbz is not 100%, and the fact we wont change formation to 3 at the back, i think this is the best we could put out there for this game. Would really do us wonders to have Welbeck out there, as much minutes as he has it in him atm

Özil as false 9 is another option but I doubt it.

Wenger will prefere Theo over Lucas, and he could even go with oxlade wide right for this one, and give us an extra protection in coq\elneny

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No need for Walcott in this game. What we lose in is finishing 'ability' is easily made up for with Welbeck's defensive workrate, big game experience and general involvement in our build up play. Pretty sure Welbeck is faster than Walcott too.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
. . . . . . . Alexis

Lucas......Özil.......iwobi

.........xhaka..oxlade

Knowing Welbz is not 100%, and the fact we wont change formation to 3 at the back, i think this is the best we could put out there for this game. Would really do us wonders to have Welbeck out there, as much minutes as he has it in him atm

Özil as false 9 is another option but I doubt it.

Wenger will prefere Theo over Lucas, and he could even go with oxlade wide right for this one, and give us an extra protection in coq\elneny
as Lucas isn't even in Germany you needn't worry

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No need for Walcott in this game. What we lose in is finishing 'ability' is easily made up for with Welbeck's defensive workrate, big game experience and general involvement in our build up play. Pretty sure Welbeck is faster than Walcott too.
Theo seems to have lost a lot of pace in the last couple seasons. I remember when he first came he was frighteningly fast. Now I don't see it.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Honestly, I think Everton broke the camel's back for me. Watford was just another game on our way to attempting to turn over a huge points deficit that we messed up. We were finished before then in the league. I think it was the absolute last straw that showed we aren't tough enough.
LOL fair enough, I can't really disagree with that.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Before people get their hopes up, get excited or start predicting things. Remember who we are.

We don't get surprise results unless they're extremely bad, we don't turn up in these games and we will not get a result to put us in a positive mood for the second leg.

Have a nice day.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
the amount of hate Giroud gets is insane.

OG to score a hattrick today! :D

This is the wet ass hour of the season.

You need your best, brightest, hungriest, sharpest players upfront present and correct. I got no hate for OG. I just have love for Arsenal and want them to succeed ;)

MagicalRozza

There's an interesting analysis on Arsenal Fan TV by Dortmund and Bundesliga fan. He claims (and I fully agree) that if we play Giroud we are screwed as their defenders will deal easily with aerial threats but have problems coping with pace.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
There's an interesting analysis on Arsenal Fan TV by Dortmund and Bundesliga fan. He claims (and I fully agree) that if we play Giroud we are screwed as their defenders will deal easily with aerial threats but have problems coping with pace.

Bayern are terrified of our pace, it's been said before in this thread but if we deny them space to play in and look to hit them on the break we definitely have the players to hurt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom