• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Surprised your posts don't have more humour in them then, instead of being as angry as f***, with no interesting banter. Mind you I can tell your imagination is limited by your f***ing username.

And you clearly haven't read any of my posts because apart from saying for a long time that this team needs more investment I've criticised Wenger for sticking with Ox, Ramsey, Coq, Gabriel, and Walcott for f****ing months. So keep up.
You hit carlitosway and makingtrax with facts, they accuse u of being angry and they throw in the insults for good measure. I have said it before, plant/ troll. Anyone with 2 brain cells can see he us super biased towards Wenger. He doesn't even have the balls or decency to admit when he is backtracking.

billyf

There have been teams with less investment that haven't conceided 5 from Bayers or Barcelona. The team need better management. Let's hope we 'll make a new beginning in the end of the season.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
The full podcast is enlightening. Even the English journos covering us are embarrassed.

I listened to Five Live after the match, they were really having a go at Wenger, pointing out the inevitable failure, but also highlighting his failure to develop young English players to reach their full potential under him - Gibbs, Ox and Theo. They were still having a go at him on the news this morning.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think something broke the spirit of the team after the 8-2 defeat at Old Trafford. Even though from memory only Coq, Kos and Walcott remain from the first XI that played on that day, I think mentally we never recovered.
No, mentally we were never up to it to begin with. There is a difference.
For years Wenger has told us about the mental strength of his squads. Only for them to fall apart mid season.

Hunter Zolomon

TBF He's admitted a few times it is Wenger's fault for sticking with certain players. Don't think there is a poster on here who hasn't after the last 2 weeks.
Come on Tobias, you know he will turn around and somwhow make this about the monetert value of the opposition. He has already claimed here that we lost due to how expensive Bayern's team us.

Tobias would Tottenham or stoke have lost the way we did. This goes beyond the quality of our players but rather the fact that they Dont seem to know how to play without the ball. Its like they aren't even coached in basic pressing. Disgrace.

Hunter Zolomon

Tbh Tottenham were even more pathetic this CL season
Mate one question how much experience does their manager have with that competition.
Wenger has had more time than poch has with his club, yet somehow he seems to be improving every year, but what about Wenger. He is clearly outdated.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I have no problem with not pressing/ dropping off higher up the pitch, most teams do this but you have to come out and engage at some point.
We actually drop off until they've not only passed it about but had an unopposed shot/cross, then we play from the goal kick/kick off.

The majority of this squad just annoy me now, it's physically and mentally weak, sell everyone bar Kos, Santi and Sanchez (if we had a choice) and start again.

Hunter Zolomon

Talk me through this one please.

Only watched the second half in a bar. Initially we seemed to carry a threat at least but when they scored they completely embarrassed us, the proverbial men against boys. I felt like a ring-side coach watching his favourite adept getting pummelled by a much stronger fighter. Throw the towel already!

How could we even stay at 1-1 at HT?

You can talk about tactics all day but the players out there last night were simply not good enough collectively. We have too many piss-average players, especially but not limited to in midfield.
Umm, what about Everton or Watford or the struggle we had with freaking Preston. Tell me what quality that wales team that played so well in the euros have that we don't. Cause it seems that the manager has a big say in how talent is utilized. Or are we gonna chuck that up, to an anomaly like Leicester. If Wenger was so great then maybe we too can also be an anomaly an actually mount a challenge for an important competition ffs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you're a gooner and realist (a very sad combo), then you're pretty much clairvoyant on all things Arsenal.
Sad isn't it? Being a realist and someone with an analytical mind is usually a good thing, can't even earn you a few bob in the world.

As an Arsenal fan it just makes you pessimistic AF. Is it pessimism if it turns out true time after time though?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am going to reply in each thread appropriately in relation to the performance as everyone knows, it isn't just about one game.

I am not surprised in the slightest by the result. It isn't even embarrassing to me because it is a regular occurrence. I have said it so many times. We were 4-0 at Newcastle and drew 4-4, we have been thrashed in recent times by Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern, beaten by Man United's kids, lost games when leading 1-0 and lost matches to teams in the bottom half of the table. I think a fair result would have been 8-2.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I listened to Five Live after the match, they were really having a go at Wenger, pointing out the inevitable failure, but also highlighting his failure to develop young English players to reach their full potential under him - Gibbs, Ox and Theo. They were still having a go at him on the news this morning.

How do "they" know that Gibbs, Ox and Theo haven't reached "their potential"?
They're not Henry, Vieira and Ashley Cole, you could just as easily argue he has developed them to their limited potential and his failure was in not getting rid of them when this became apparent.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
How do "they" know that Gibbs, Ox and Theo haven't reached "their potential"?
They're not Henry, Vieira and Ashley Cole, you could just as easily argue he has developed them to their limited potential and his failure was in not getting rid of them when this became apparent.
They know squat, it's just that they all seem to get on the fan's backs about wanting him out, but the worm seems to have turned. they were mildly saying that they can understand why the fans get angry.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Come on Tobias, you know he will turn around and somwhow make this about the monetert value of the opposition. He has already claimed here that we lost due to how expensive Bayern's team us.

Tobias would Tottenham or stoke have lost the way we did. This goes beyond the quality of our players but rather the fact that they Dont seem to know how to play without the ball. Its like they aren't even coached in basic pressing. Disgrace.
I think Stoke would have. That is a stretch to think they'd not get undone by Bayern. Not sure on Sp**s either. But I know United and CHelsea wouldn't. And that is where we should be aiming to at least be on par with.

Sykes

These guys broke my heart yesterday. I can't even sleep properly. The players, Wenger, the Board...**** them all. No excuses...they just didn't turn up. You'd think these guys would play out of their skins, but no...these fools don't press, nothing.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't really care about how many we lost by it's the complete lack of fight at 4-1. The tie isn't over then, another away goal could have given us hope, we've seen how Bayern panic when things get close.

Hunter Zolomon

These guys broke my heart yesterday. I can't even sleep properly. The players, Wenger, the Board...**** them all. No excuses...they just didn't turn up. You'd think these guys would play out of their skins, but no...these fools don't press, nothing.
my lecturer just walked past me in the hallway and is asking if i am alright. Lol the pain is real.

mm76

Yer Da
i just kept up with this by text and really glad i didn't make any more effort than that - when Sanchez got the penalty i thought'maybe...?' but Bayern clearly just had way too much and everything i've read said this turned out just the way i thought it would - TBH when i saw the starting lineup i thought Wenger had given up already - Gibbs, Ospina, Ox, Xhaka plus Özil on poor form - you can't beat Bayern away with guys like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom