• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Different roles is exactly the point. When Giroud starts Sanchez is forced wide and his productivity drops markedly. When Giroud is on the bench Sanchez either plays up front or plays with a CF who allows him to drift inside (Welbeck/Walcott). In both situations he is far more productive. It's hardly surprising - the stats tie in with both common sense and what we've seen on the pitch for 3 seasons.
And yet Sanchez also have off days without Giroud being involved.....

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm sad to see his time here ending a bit sourly, because he's making it a little too clear he's frustrating and that he thinks the club isn't up to his standard. It's a bit understandable, he came here expecting more after all, but I wish he'd take this chance to be a leader and rally the team forward instead of sulking at performances. You get the sense that he's playing for himself and not the club. I really love him though, he's our best player imo and he has shown his quality here. I'll understand if he leaves, but I really hope he either extends or stays for another season under a possibly new manager where we might find more success. Then if it doesn't work out, just move to a non-English club, we're financially stable enough to be fine with no fee.

He's the name on the back of the only Arsenal jersey I've got, from the only time I've been to the Emirates. I'll really miss him when he goes :(

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's been playing for himself for weeks, I haven't liked the new Sanchez a couple of weeks before he kicked off after being subbed. Great player but there were numerous times last night where he wouldn't play the ball. Cost us the 3rd goal.

infinium

The downside to his energy is that he clearly isn't taking the other players with him and this questions his leadership skills. Can he expect Iwobi to press like him? Does Iwoibi actually have the level of fitness required? Is he organising this press before the game or is he just making it up as he goes along? Has the team decided to hold shape rather than press but Sanchez just decides to do his own thing during the match? Running around like crazy can make him look the hero but if it is just mindless running with no organisation that he does of his own accord it is meaningless.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

...and comes back with a shiny new contract from Juventus.
Hope he gives the new manager a chance, he's needed if we want to have a smooth transition. Him and Özil have a few flaws – especially Özil – that a top manager could iron out.

Wenger did so well to allow us to get in a position to sign players like Alexis, brutal that the same man looks to be the reason why Alexis could leave.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
He's been playing for himself for weeks, I haven't liked the new Sanchez a couple of weeks before he kicked off after being subbed. Great player but there were numerous times last night where he wouldn't play the ball. Cost us the 3rd goal.
I will try to defend him. I think he just got fed up of working hard getting into positions, passing the ball, back to defend etc for the rest of the team to stroll around, so he just thought,' sod it, you're useless,I'll do it myself, it can't be much worse.'

Goon-Ger

If we don't shape up fast he will leave and i do not blame him. The lack of ambition from top of the club all the way to the bottom is alarming.

He is our best and most important player by some distance. I wish everyone has his intensity and desire to press teams high up the park.

If only he was in a different era and we had the pleasure of watching him in a legendary Arsenal team, Instead he has to put up with mediocrity.

Goon-Ger

He has looked somewhat petulant as of late but i'd rather someone who hurts when we lose (like he clearly does).

It must be frustrating when you look around the pitch and see people who are not putting their weight through a lack of effort or quality.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I rather suspect Sanchez is petulant because he finds himself in a losing team rather than hurting for the whole team - he doesn't strike me lately as caring much about his team mates or his manager

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I think he'll be playing at either City or Chelsea next season.....leaning towards Chelsea as it'd mean he'd be staying in London.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He's not leaving. He's fed up and a new manager will convince him of his new plans.

Have some faith guys. Also, I expect the board not to sell him if he doesn't want to extend yet. We are not doing an RVP again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom