• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

He has to be forced to help us choose a new manager. He keeps saying he'll have no part and that simply cannot be allowed to happen. The board haven't got a clue..Even with how toxic/depressing/repetitive everything is they've offered him a 2yr deal!! God help us

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He has to be forced to help us choose a new manager. He keeps saying he'll have no part and that simply cannot be allowed to happen. The board haven't got a clue..Even with how toxic/depressing/repetitive everything is they've offered him a 2yr deal!! God help us

It was Ferguson who helped pick Moyes and i wouldn't want to risk the chance of Arsène picking a dud, that would just tarnish his legacy even more. Regardless of what we think of the board i don't think they're stupid to the point where they can't look around europe and see which teams have the best managers. Simeone, Jardim, Allegri are the three obvious choices and anyone can see that. With Arsène helping it's more likely to be someone like Howe or Puel. No thanks.

Sykes

Please just leave Wenger. Take Kroenke, Gazidis and Law with you. You've damaged your reputation. It's over. You broke my heart yesterday...will never get over this. Piss off man...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With the Alexis and Özil money added to the £100m the club usually has to spend in the summer, plus money from other players leaving, that's a juicy £200m for the new guy/Wenger to waste in the summer. :drool:

Seriously though, right time for Wenger to leave, give the new manager the chance to build a new team with the money we'll get for Alexis and co.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

It was Ferguson who helped pick Moyes and i wouldn't want to risk the chance of Arsène picking a dud, that would just tarnish his legacy even more. Regardless of what we think of the board i don't think they're stupid to the point where they can't look around europe and see which teams have the best managers. Simeone, Jardim, Allegri are the three obvious choices and anyone can see that. With Arsène helping it's more likely to be someone like Howe or Puel. No thanks.

Obviously he shouldn't make the flat out decision but he has to help in some way. I genuinely believe the board are clueless which is why they want to continue to delay taking back responsibility
I think Gazidis is capable of making a good choice though

Last edited:

Sykes

Obviously he shouldn't make the flat out decision but he has to help in some way. I genuinely believe the board are clueless which is why they want to continue to delay taking back really
I think Gazidis is capable of making a good choice though
No he isn't. Gazidis is a bloody *****. I hate that guy....he's bloody overhyped. We need a TD the moment Wenger steps out of this club.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if we do sell Özil and Alexis in the summer, then we must appoint a new manager with pulling power, which was how Wenger got those two here

which has to be someone outside the current PL managers, unless Pep or Klopp fancy breaking their contracts

Maxim

I had hoped it would be Unai Emery to replace Arsène but that ship has sailed.

Allegri seems to be the favourite but I think this would be a massive challenge for him and he's definitely not in it for the long haul (stated he want's to retire by 55, he's 49).

I hope it's Hassenhuttl now - I don't want us to shove the most high profile manager in, then replace him after 3 years and join that cycle. I want someone else to build a legacy at Arsenal. I think Hassenhuttl has shown enough ability, pragmatism and an eye for talent to be at least given the chance.

2nd choice is Sampaoli but that seems unlikely.

A new manager is a real possibility now this summer - can we stop with the joke suggestions like Howe, Simeone, Ancelotti etc.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I had hoped it would be Unai Emery to replace Arsène but that ship has sailed.

Allegri seems to be the favourite but I think this would be a massive challenge for him and he's definitely not in it for the long haul (stated he want's to retire by 55, he's 49).
I don't think we'll ever have a manager stay for longer than 6 years again. Either by Board decision or by their own accord they will leave after a couple of seasons.

STYLEZ

if we do sell Özil and Alexis in the summer,

It doesn't bare thinking about....

We'd be lucky to get the same money we paid for them with 1 year remaining on their contracts.

losing your 2 best players at the same time sends a negative message to the footballing world. I'd be gutted and don't think we'll recover it would be 10x worse then when we lost Fabregas and Nasri in the same summer.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
lsing 5-1 to Bayern sends a pretty negative message to the footballing world - I'd honestly rather try a season with no European football to see if we have more push trying to get it back than go on losing like this

I also think having a go at the Europa League might be worthwhile. It worked for Chelsea, and Liverpool have had a bounce off of reaching the final, Sp**s' progression incorporated it, same with Sevilla. Part of the reason I feel Rafa Benitez is a good shout - he's won it with Chelsea under pressure and also took them back to top 4, won the UEFA cup with Valencia. Won 2 la ligas with Valencia. Won the Champions League and FA cup with Liverpool and built them into a force challenging for the league post-Abramovich era Chelsea. Won the Coppa Italia at Napoli. He's managed 2 or more high profile clubs in Spain, England and Italy. Won promotions at Extremadura and Tenerife, looks like he could do the same with Newcastle. He's just a very seasoned, successful, very very good manager at the right point in his career to take on the task of transitioning Arsenal out of the Wenger era.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
With the Alexis and Özil money added to the £100m the club usually has to spend in the summer, plus money from other players leaving, that's a juicy £200m for Kroenke to put into our cash reserves and leverage more business ventures on.

Seriously though, right time for Wenger to leave, give the new manager the chance to build a new team with the money we'll get for Alexis and co.

Fixed for you, THunter.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
My tinfoil hat tells me that the players pickup some vibe from Wenger/Someone in the club that he's not extending, or at least a rumour mill formed in the dressing room. Felt it from the last few weeks that they're not even putting in that real of a shift anymore. Özil's sulking, Alexis frustration. Dunno, just a feeeling.

The push for top 4 may tell the rest of the story, it's what shift some of our players into gear, realizing that they're going to miss the UCL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom