• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Sykes

I count 3.....Kos, Alexis and Özil. Bellerin is a very good young player but not there yet. Santi is out so will not count him.
Imo, I don't think it is a strong enough squad to be competitive and challenge for titles. I said that last season, we have a number of players that are over rated and whatever happens next summer, a squad overhaul is in order if we want to have any hope to compete.
I thought it was good enough to challenge for the league. For me, it's our striking options that are extremely overrated. This team isn't so weak to be losing 5-1...it's ridiculous.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Sell One of Ramsey/Ox/Jack.
Sell Gibbs. He's ****.
Gabriel should never be a cb option anymore.
The more I think of it, the more I think we should've pushed for Manolas instead of Mustafi. Not saying Mustafi is bad. He's young and will get better.
Coq should never be a guaranteed starter. Get someone like Nzonzi, Bagayoko, Dahoud, Naby Keita, etc to play alongside Xhaka.
Oh and we need some Damn technicians in the team...these days we're struggling to ****ing pass the ball under pressure.
P.S **** the dumb English media blaming Wenger for their overhyped players being ****. Walcott was never going to turn to ****ing Reus/henry because he wasn't that ****ing talented to begin with. Gibbs is ****. Ox only knows how to play well during pre season. Wilshere gets injured pulling his boxers up.
No more second chances with these losers...
We need a Damn number 9.

Good post....Only change, I would sell three of Ramsey/Ox/Jack/Theo.
Simply not good enough.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The talent is there but the leadership isn't. A spine if Cech, Kostafi, Xhaka and Giroud (not saying he's a definite starter) wouldn't get bullied by anybody. We just lack a playing style and purpose.

I'd love Sanchez and Özil to stay but with new management we could function without. We need to clear out the players who aren't good enough first I. E. Your Gibbs, Coquellin etc

Sykes

Good post....Only change, I would sell three of Ramsey/Ox/Jack/Theo.
Simply not good enough.
Yeah I forgot Theo...funny how he upped his game as soon as his place was under threat. Can't believe this overrated punk made us give him a 100k a week contract. Sell him and buy someone like Reus.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We, fans, very often to are excited and overestimate our players but I tend to agree with Keane on this.
Keane's spot on. Ask yourself this, how many of our players would get in that Bayern team or Chelsea. 1, 2 maybe 3 tops.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah I forgot Theo...funny how he upped his game as soon as his place was under threat. Can't believe this overrated punk made us give him a 100k a week contract. Sell him and buy someone like Reus.

I wrote that a year ago...Sell two or Ramsey/Theo/Ox and buy a Reus.

infinium

I wrote that a year ago...Sell two or Ramsey/Theo/Ox and buy a Reus.
What difference would that make? We have already tried this remember? We were finishing Top 4 with Giroud and Walcott up front before Özil and Sanchez came along and now we are still in the same position. It is clearly not about having "better" players but the philosophy of the club and the competitive spirit of the squad and manager.

KAB

It is quite weird when we are having some of the best in our team but we were still couldn't get the result. We have World Cup's winners, Euro Finalists, South America Best Player in our team but it just did not work out

carlito'sway

Established Member
What difference would that make? We have already tried this remember? We were finishing Top 4 with Giroud and Walcott up front before Özil and Sanchez came along and now we are still in the same position. It is clearly not about having "better" players but the philosophy of the club and the competitive spirit of the squad and manager.

It is all of the above. Let's face it, our squad is not as good as we may tend to believe and at the end of the day, against superior quality, we are brutally exposed. Obviously, with better/ more talented players raise the general level.

infinium

It is all of the above. Let's face it, our squad is not as good as we may tend to believe and at the end of the day, against superior quality, we are brutally exposed. Obviously, with better/ more talented players raise the general level.
I don't think we need better/more talented players. We already have enough to be more competitive than we are. We need hungrier players. Players that know they aren't as talented as the Mesut Özil's or the Sanchez's but will graft and make sure that these players have the platform to do what they do best. Players that when they get a sniff of possible glory will give everything to win because this might be the only half decent thing they will do in life.

_reed_

It's good enough not to lose 5-1 to Bayern.
Even Moyes's United didn't lose so badly.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I don't think we need better/more talented players. We already have enough to be more competitive than we are. We need hungrier players. Players that know they aren't as talented as the Mesut Özil's or the Sanchez's but will graft and make sure that these players have the platform to do what they do best. Players that when they get a sniff of possible glory will give everything to win because this might be the only half decent thing they will do in life.

Got your point. Would have been nice to see more hunger and passion from our team, having said that it is not a substitute for talent.
As I mentioned above. If/ when you play better teams, they will be exposed simply because they do not cut it at this level. Look at Coq or Iwobi performances and stats yesterday, they were shocking.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Keane's spot on. Ask yourself this, how many of our players would get in that Bayern team or Chelsea. 1, 2 maybe 3 tops.

How many Atletico players would get into the Bayern, Barca, or Real teams? Yet they still managed to make the final in 2 of the last 3 years and won the La Liga in that period as well.

carlito'sway

Established Member
How many Atletico players would get into the Bayern, Barca, or Real teams? Yet they still managed to make the final in 2 of the last 3 years and won the La Liga in that period as well.

Actually, 4 or 5 players from Atletico can start anywhere, Godin, Oblak, Griezmann, Koke, Juan Fran. Those are among the best at their positions. I did not even mention Saul Niguez who I think is the prototype of a modern CM.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gonna be a feeding frenzy at Arsenal this summer. Alexis and Özil will be off, Pep will get Wilshere, clubs will be throwing offers in for Bellerin. Ramsey and Ox will join the likes of Liverpool and Everton.

It's gonna be like 2011 all over again, quite excited to be honest.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
More to the point, how many of our players would get in the Athletico team? 1 or 2

How many of our players would make the Sp**s team even? Don't like Merson but even he said the other day that only Sanchez would make their first team.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Based on this season:

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Alexis Alli Eriksen
Kane
The drunk was right for once. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
But we're not so far behind them in talent that we should be happy with a 5-1 thrashing. All we wanted was to stay in the tie. Better team selection and tactics could have changed that.

Top Bottom