• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Are you serious about playing him as a LB? he was very good in central midfield for us when he was fit, i still think he is our best central midfielder without a doubt after Cazorla. People might calling me crazy but i hope he still has a future here, it would be a very big blow if let him go.

He is very good but if we look at what else we have availble he doesn't seem to click with the others, and I can't figure out what kind of player he should partner

granted he hasn't played with xhaka

but I have in the past argued for a straight midfield three
jack, coq/or xhaka and ramsey is very complete

but it never materialized when Özil was in form because wenger didn't want to push him out on a wing

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Nice one - though I suspect his improved fitness might be down to what he is no longer taking down there on the sunny South coast

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Worse comes to worse and we lose Ozi; a three man midfield of Wilshere, Ox and Xhaka and is a very impressive midfield trio.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nice one - though I suspect his improved fitness might be down to what he is no longer taking down there on the sunny South coast
The 'sunny south coast' is awash with illicit substances, my friend. Anyway, I don't recall Paul Merson being much of a sick note. ;)

Oh yeah, slanderous!

ARSNLNO1

I really hope Wilshere is back next season and we get to see a Wilshere, Xhaka partnership next season, I think they would work really well together. He is Arsenal through and through and the sort of player we were screaming out for the other night. Santi is going to be our new Rosicky of that I am sure and we can't rely on him being fit for a full season. I really hope Coq is sold in the summer, that guy is not Arsenal quality and will be replaced by any incoming manager, only Wenger see's something in him .

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I hope we get Wilshere back and new manager has a way of keeping him fit.

Would love him because as nice as Ox runs are through the middle, Wilshere is just as capable carrying ball front to back plus technically much better.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is he going to sign a new contract though ? Seems to be a few doubts now .

He'd sign one if he was going to play regularly. All evidence suggests he can't stay fit under Wenger so wouldn't play regularly here. Maybe under a different coaching style he'd play.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not sure who JW fits with or where to play him atm. I've been watching Isco and think JW should model his own game in a similar way. It's what we need. He has the skill set. Most importantly, it's a style of play that reduces the chance of getting injured-unless JW hogs the ball and gets clattered or lunges in.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
--------------Xhaka--------Ramsey------------
--Wilshere-----------Isco---------Sanchez--
---------------------Welbeck------------------

Rafa's team of 1-0 wonders. In an ideal world Wilshere makes way for Perez, Ox or Walcott.

I'm not fussed if Wilshere comes back or not, if he does I hope to god it's not as a CM. Am I right to think that Wilshere has been playing AM at Bournemouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom