• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Can't believe he's going to sign on but all indicators are that he will. Not sure how much more of the same old, same old I can really take tbh.

FreakySami

I think people forget how Manchester united and all the other teams made their way to the top (Leicester is the outlier). It is through financial backing. Unfortunately that's how it works, which means unless we get an injection of money anytime soon or no européen football which would allow players the rest they need and reduce our major injuries, I find it hard to believe we can compete on all fronts.

W if we actually concentrated all our efforts on 1 competition we would do much better but Arsenal's and arsenes ambition is much greater than that

OShea's2010

This whole season the media have been after arsenal even when we were doing well. They were always after arsenal during all of Wenger's tenure. The board didn't give a **** about media coverage then and they won't care now. In any business, you have measurements to see if you performed and under performed. They will do the analysis objectively and not subjectively like moody fans do.

This man can stay as long as he wants and nobody can say anything. Fans will moan but they have no facts except 12 years of mediocrity which is bullshit because we were expecting to not perform for at least 10 years. In that regard, we improved greatly and overachieved.

Last three years were good too. Better than most ever thought at the beginning of each season. If we took every pundit and fan, we wrote down their initial prediction and looked at the end of the season, we would see that we performed well and that's the problem.

People make predictions at the beginning of the season then act like total ... Idiots instead of supporting the team. Entitled pieces of... I'll stop here because it disgusts me.
What's disgusting is that Arsenal fans are meant to accept top 4 with no title challenge, but then charged the most expensive tickets in the country. bet the board/owner think the fans are complete mugs. also players like Sanchez and Özil are expected to waste their career with no hope of winning premier/champs league due to the current regime.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First team vs squad argument will be interesting next season. The first time in two seasons where all top six sides should be in Europe.

FreakySami

What's disgusting is that Arsenal fans are meant to accept top 4 with no title challenge, but then charged the most expensive tickets in the country. bet the board/owner think the fans are complete mugs. also players like Sanchez and Özil are expected to waste their career with no hope of winning premier/champs league due to the current regime.
The average ticket prices are not as expensive as other places first of all. I insist on you finding me the place where it says that arsenal have the highest average ticket prices. Second of all having a few tickets higher than other clubs happens but the media blows this overboard because it's arsenal.

Listen, other than Chelsea, all the other teams are within 2-4 points of each other which is acceptable. Players are not expected to waste their time, you must be joking. I can't even try and argue with you about that.

Aevi

Hale End FC
@Makingtrax Gazidis said several years ago that the club was working towards being able to "compete at a level like a club such as Bayern Munich", both competitively and financially. Not only are we not there, we don't look like we're even moving in that direction.

So my question is, as you argue squad cost is one of the most defining factors that determines a team's success, why aren't we getting there when that was what was promised? What do you think it takes to get there? Because if squad cost is the end all, there is little way to improve without outside financial investment, as winning is what would earn us more money.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Who's left at Arsenal other than Wenger & Bould? Henry gone, now Jonker and Ljungberg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom