• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim_tales1

An all-out blitz on Alexis from the Mirror this evening. Slate the club's best & most consistent performer to deflect attention from real problems.

John Cross is having a party today.

Maybe Alexis was in the wrong somewhat but I dont blame him TBH. John Cross is a ****.

OShea's2010

It was a pathetic effort from Wenger in every way, no matter what Alexis is supposed to have done. As you say, couldn't even punish him properly, and then goes back on it in desperation. How ****ing inadequate can you possibly get? How utterly embarrassing for the 'manager'. :lol:
Maybe Wenger was worried about a humiliation from Liverpool. put Sanchez on the bench to grab some consolation goals or even a draw. wants to punish him but can't face a trouncing

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Having a winning mentality doesn't mean turning on your team mates when things get tough.
But is it turning on his teammates or is it a bunch of pampered daisies not liking being criticized? I think it's grossly unfair to just assume that Alexis is the bad guy here when nobody was around to see what happened. When did the tabloids become the gospel? To me, turning on your teammates would be slating them in the press or flat out quitting on them like Fabregas did. Alexis has done neither of those things.

blaze_of_glory

But is it turning on his teammates or is it a bunch of pampered daisies not liking being criticized? I think it's grossly unfair to just assume that Alexis is the bad guy here when nobody was around to see what happened. When did the tabloids become the gospel? To me, turning on your teammates would be slating them in the press or flat out quitting on them like Fabregas did. Alexis has done neither of those things.
Agreed that we don't know what the actual situation is or was. But people seem to be trying to say that Alexis getting into altercations with teammates (if that is what has happened) is just down to him being a winner, etc. I think he definitely has a winning attitude, but don't think that (alleged) stuff is part of it. That's something else, and if its true then its not good. They are all supposed to be professionals, saying he's entitled to outbursts is just making excuses for bad behaviour imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If the club didn't brief the press over this, then one or more than one of the players in the first team has run to a journalist about this. It's that simple. Hope we find out who it was, would love them to be booted out for this.

My feeling is it's the club.

Fallout

i'm sure his behavior is quite bad. we see it on the pitch, we even hear about wenger having trouble controlling him in training. ill bet he's a selfish prick as well.

that being said, he's so good that losing him would instantly set us back in a big way. we shouldnt minimize his impact just because he has an attitude -- thats just being childish.

lets be honest, even if he is a difficult personality, the situation wouldnt have gotten to this point if wenger had been taking care of business appropriately. i completely understand why alexis has grown frustrated here, and even before this episode, i couldnt see any incentive for him to sign an extension with us.

the fact that he continues to play and give 100pct commitment when called on is all that matters honestly.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The eccentric hyper ****, diva attitude & having a go at teammates on the pitch must be annoying when things going badly! Add in they could know he is off in a few months & poor general play for weeks.

Dont have an issue if this is players leaking info to take pressure off Wenger. Good on them... Its just like Danny tweeting about the plastic pitch last week. Times like this Wenger needs some of his loyalty repaid from the players.

Just a shame Wenger brought him on :lol:... That detail doesn't really add up. If he is off in the summer let him sit it out.

KAB

He needs to adept accepting failures when joining the team. It is a norm to have frustration after frustration here

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/thierry-henry-arsenal-not-win-5589959

Remember a few years back when Arsène and Giroud made a big deal about Henry saying on Sky to win the league they needed a new spine and you can't win the league with Giroud as starting CF? Soon after both Giroud ( a couple times) and Wenger responded to his opinion, making a big deal out of it, with Wenger calling him flat out wrong and he want on to say that being on TV makes you need to be controversial despite the fact that Wenger chased Higuian and Suarez the summer prior?

0 mental toughness from top to bottom at this club so it's no wonder Sanchez rubs some of these clowns the wrong way.

Xhaka Zulu

If the club didn't brief the press over this, then one or more than one of the players in the first team has run to a journalist about this. It's that simple. Hope we find out who it was, would love them to be booted out for this.

My feeling is it's the club.

What would be the reason for the club to do that? Wouldn't that weaken their hand in the transfer market?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be perfectly honest I don't like Mr Sanchez's attitude..

The guy is pushing 30 and I think its time to cut ties and best for both parties. He thinks he's bigger than the club.

Don't care if Özil wants to go too
quite simply, as @Mrs Bergkamp says, we simply havent pushed on with them (in terms of league), so they can fcuk off if they want.

Having a winning mentality doesn't mean turning on your team mates when things get tough.
agreed

We can't keep players who have a winning mentality because the club has had a losers one for long as I can remember

Our visions don't match
everyone wants to win. this winning mentality thing is blown beyond limit. players like Maradona, Batistuta, Henry stuck it out through thich and thin. that's why they have their own statues.

not saying that Sanchez is a whiny little ****..

happyhappy

Right stuff, he should be fighting the liverpool players and not the dressing room, just like Merse, Winterburn and gang did 30 years ago against those man utd cxxts. That's the way to do it :p

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
If I walk out if my job I"ll be fired, rightfully so. These *****es make more in a week then I'll make in my whole ****ing life. You play football for all that money and there is million people who care about that company you work for. YOU - DO - NOT - DISRESPECT - THAT! No matter what's your name.
Alexis is proving to be just like all other south Americans. They all wanna win, and they dont give a **** how. Is it playing great football and winning 5-0 or having The ball 10 % of the time and then score a handball winner - they don't care. If it's not going that way, they become hard to handle. They ***** and moan, disrespect and act like Gods.
Wenger was right to punish him and until he comes and apologizes he should be benched. After that, he's still gonna leave, cause he wants to win, by any means. Go on, go. Individually he is our best player, but his mind is not here for some time. He constantly plays his own game. His amazing work rate tricks you, of course, but if you look at the whole picture, it is what it is; he is a superstar, top class individual, but not what Arsenal is about. IF we were winning titles with him here, he would get a statue already, cause winning brings best out of him, but you gotta fall down to stand up, and he refuses to fall. Its a team sport, and he ain't doing it right.
As few of you said, we won't replace him with a better individual as its almost impossible to find one, but, in a tactical way we could get better players for our system. been saying it for a while now that His body language shows obvious signs of him not staying here for a long time, while our other superstar who is on everyones pick lately, myself included, will stay. Could be a blessing in disguise actually, if we play it well. Always optimistic I am :) not worried at all

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
LMAO Wenger couldn't handle the only big ego we have in this team :lol:

don't get me wrong, Alexis' behaviour, if those stories are true, is poor.
but let's be honest. 99% of big players have huge ego issues.
Messi when he doesn't like a player in his team he goes straight to the manager/board and asks to to get rid of him (Zlatan).
Henry had a few problem @AFC & french NT.
Diego Costa with Conte. Hazard with Mourinho.

That's a part of the job. But Wenger clearly handled this poorly. That's why he rarely goes for a strong personality player IMO.

Let's go on with the likes of Ramsey Walcott & Ox. They are lifeless players. They don't show any pride. Any passion, any hunger on the pitch.
But they are good lads. They won't never say anything wrong. They'll praise the manager every week....

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
+ Wenger lasted that long at Arsenal also because he mostly buys "nice" players.

If we had a team like Madrid & Barcelona for instance, full of huge egos, he wouldn't have lasted that long (and that's why managers don't last long in those top teams).
If you don't do your job correctly, the big players get you sacked :D

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Tbf I can't even say if Alexis' behavior was bad or good.
I'd rather take this than Cech or Bellerin post game declaration when they say we lacked focus and hunger. Just to play exactly the same way in the next game.

At least Alexis story shows he's really concerned by how the things are going right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom