• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I always support Giroud, like him and defend him against unwarranted criticism. However thinking about it, giving him a new contract and Wenger's decision to force him on the to the team were wrong calls. We should be selling Giroud this summer imho.
We could still sell him. All the contract does is protect his value. I'm sure some Chinese club can use a French international striker.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We could still sell him. All the contract does is protect his value. I'm sure some Chinese club can use a French international striker.
Yeah, agreed. I mean if a nothing player like Pelle earns an obscene wage and is one of the highest earning footballers, someone could put up the $$$ for a much better target striker and tempt him. We could probably get a crazy transfer fee as well. Would be great business imo.

Impact

Established Member
You think? I thought that at first but I'm not sure I think it's a good idea anymore to have a second choice CF that requires the team to change its style when he plays.

Different when he's coming on to add an option in box but when he has to start, it's all a bit dire.

mm76

Yer Da
it feels like his attitude stinks when he plays

to be fair i thought this season he'd worked hard to be the best player he could be - the only problem being it's still not good enough...

The game against Lincoln was the worst - he looked a lower league even to their players...

karl

I wouldn't sell Giroud because he is the only player other than Alexis who can get 20 goals a season. Much though I like Welbeck, he rarely gets half that figure. Walcott is too unreliable and Perez seems unlikely to ever get a game.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A club like Milan should make a move this summer. In the correct set up he could be key player well into his 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom